Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Oil Gauge.

To all our Durant Friends. We are in need of an Oil Gauge for our Durant 1923 A-22 working if possible.
Or a possible recommendation replacement.
Thank You for any help.
Ken Brink

Where Are You From? Muskegon, MI

Do You own a car built by Durant? !923 A-22 Four door sedn

Re: Oil Gauge.

Hi Ken,

Is your oil pressure guage a 5Lb or a 10Lb, I'm thinking that most of our '23 A-22s are 5Lb which makes it a little more difficult to find...You might check with "Larrys Durant Parts" by clicking on the Links page on the left, then on Larrys Durant Parts, then on A-22 parts, scroll down and he has a half dozen 5Lb gauges pictured...I know that I have bought a couple of them in the past but check with him and see if he may have anything that you could use.

Where Are You From? Yuma, AZ / Leavenworth, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? '23 Durant Touring / '29 Model 40 Coupe

Thanks Bill, our gauge is a 5LB I have E-Mailed Larry with hopes that he or some one can help.

Where Are You From? Muskegon, MI

Do You own a car built by Durant? !923 A-22 Four door sedn

Ken,

Wondering if you have verified if you actually have oil pressure rather than your pressure gauge being defective...I have found on my A-22 that if the oil pump bushing where the pump shaft enters the pump gets worn that the oil pump would rather suck air than oil and the pump will not prime...There is no seal on the pump drive shaft, it depends on its fit.

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? A-22 / D-40 / Flint-H-40

The Durant Motors Automobile Club