Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
k
Kim
1922 Star front wheel inner seal.
Is there a modern replacement seal for the front wheel inner bearing. The wheels and axles are believed to be off a 1922 4 cylinder Star touring car It has wood spoke wheels and uses 21" split rims. Thank you
Views: 145   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 29, 2022 12:16pm
by Curtis Bartell
Doctor's Coupe
Hello.. I am considering a purchase of a 1923 Durant Doctor's Coupe. Great condition. Runs good. I just wanted to get a little information on the vehicle and what better place to ask. 1.) Does anyone know the history and the Doctor's Coupe and if it was originally ma...
Views: 63   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 26, 2022 8:01am
by Hamp Smith
Hershey, Pennsylvania Car Show
For those of you Durantonians that have never been to the largest car show in the world! Here is an aerial view of what it's like. Over 9,000 flea market spaces, average of 1,200 cars for sale, antique car races, auction and much much more. Just about every car club...
Views: 115   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 23, 2022 6:16pm
by Douglas Burris
Website Updates
Recent updates. At the top of Technical Page is a new data collection form for your car's info and picture. New Club online store has been activated. Rick
Views: 119   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 5, 2022 11:12am
by michael babick
Devaux for sale in Portland
Hi: That DeVaux is from Jeff Chromens collection. Long story but Jeff and I talked just after he sent his cars to auction. It was purchased by a man that used to run his cars in the Great Race. We chated in Tacomo years ago when the race ended in downtown Tacoma....
Views: 177   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 21, 2022 10:52pm
by Gary J. Yelle
Rearend ratio
I found out that my Durant has a rearend ratio of 4.44. I am planning to build and speedster because I have only the mechanical parts. Then, I am studing the posibility of changing the ring gear and pinion, from a local manufacturer, to have something closer to 3.5,...
Views: 143   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 14, 2022 5:53pm
by Rogelio Hecker
Anyone from the UK?
Anyone in here from the UK ? Just dropped into a Rugby Model R and will be needing some parts!!!
Views: 72   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 10, 2022 11:47am
by Stuart Hart
New Durant Partner
Hi folk: I got my New Durant Partner in the mail yesterday. It was nicely enclosed in an envelope, so arrived in my mail box in good shape. I read most of it yesterday and the balance today. The articles were great, and I especially enjoyed the article by Tim Jorda...
Views: 75   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 28, 2022 11:47am
by Gordon F. Curl
Tour updates
Yes its time for planning tours for next year. The following date have now been established. Spring Fling for 2023 are 04/24/23 to 04/28. The place is the Best Western Inn plus vineyard, Livermore calif. Cost $139 + breakfast. The National tour, in the greater Sacram...
Views: 84   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 11, 2022 8:03am
by michael babick
The saga of my 1928 Durant Model 65
I bought my 1928 Model 65 in 2007 as a retirement gift to myself and brought it home from just north of Atlanta. It was born in Elizabeth in January 1928 and the engine just before that in December 1927. She lived her life mostly in the New York area and Long island...
Views: 349   Replies: 20
Last Post: Sep 5, 2022 9:16am
by Mike Linthicum
Needed: Someone near Port Huron who is going to the meet in Marshall
Hi folks: I am looking for someone from near Port Huron who is going to the meet in September in Marshall. I have some parts for Dave Schulte ( a couple of Brakedrums and a windsheild Stanchion. If they get to Marshall Don Shilling will deliver them to Dave. My daug...
Views: 123   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 4, 2022 2:25pm
by Dave Schulte
Hershey Car show October 4th through the 7th. 2022 DMAC C-44,C-45 & C46
The biggest car show in the world with over 9000 flea market spaces, big car corral with cars for sale, antique car races and other things going on will be held Tuesday October 4th through Friday October 7th. This year the time has changed since Hershey amusement par...
Last Post: Aug 30, 2022 1:47pm
by Mike Linthicum
new- 2023 Calendars
The latest DMAC calendars are available Only $10 each plus shipping Shipping; US ... $6.15 Canada ... $22.10 elsewhere .. $30.90 There is no shipping if picked-up at the Marshall MI meet (Sept 14th-17th)
Views: 74   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 25, 2022 9:31am
by Rick Botti
24th Annual Meet in Marshall, MI ... deadline
Hello Members Just a heads up. August 10th is the deadline to reserve a room for the event at the special DMAC price. Call the Hampton Inn at; 269 789 0131 This promises to be another great event. We will be driving the old cars onto the Gilmore Campus (photo opps...
Views: 94   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 7, 2022 2:36pm
by Bob Smith
electronic ignition
Rather than mess with contact points (see my other post) I'm thinking of switching to an electronic ignition. There are kits for 4 cylinder cars that fit under the distributor cap. They advertise unlimited life and a much hotter spark. Has anyone had any experience w...
Views: 135   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 27, 2022 2:37pm
by Phil Peters
Contact points
I'm replacing the points in my 25 Star. The points came in two pieces wrapped around each other that connect to the coil stud. One is a copper strip. The other is a spring steel band. I guess it is to increase the pressure holding points closed. However, I can't figu...
Views: 1777   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 26, 2022 9:53pm
by Vincent Edward O...
engine swap
Does anyone know if a 4 Cylinder can be used to replace a 5 cylinder, 14L engine. Like shaft diameters, etc. Bill Durant
Views: 89   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 26, 2022 8:41pm
by Don Shilling
Road Trip with a Goodie Run
I'm feeling a little bit better every day so I'm still planning on the Marshal meet in September, I just made the hotel reservations and purchased a '25 Star sedan project to pick up on the way! So, if the sun's shining and the river don't rise, I'll see ya'll shortly.
Views: 59   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 24, 2022 2:24pm
by Don Shilling
Chevrolet and Durant
Here is an interesting video of Luis Chevrolet and later in the story, Durant. It skims over the story of there separation from each other during the Chevrolet Motors era, but still is very interesting. https://youtu.be/-Rqodx8b5fI
Views: 132   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 18, 2022 8:13am
by Mike Linthicum
Durant-Dort Carriage Company
I found a website devoted tot the Durant-Dort Carriage Company. Rick http://durantdort.org/index.cfm
Last Post: Jul 13, 2022 8:21pm
by Rick Botti
Durant Partner
I received my copy of the Durant Partner Summer issue yesterday on the first day of summer. Right on time! Excellent issue. Thanks to everyone who contributed!
Views: 80   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 11, 2022 12:03pm
by Gordon F. Curl
Wood for my roof
After a long delay I am commited to getting my Star finished. There is very little of the wood for the roof that survived. This is a 1925 2 door Coupe, as best as I can tell. I need help. Is there any one who can help me. Any pictures, measurement or specs, It would...
Views: 152   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 9, 2022 6:55am
by Mike Linthicum
Auction sale of Durant Cars & parts
Hi guys. You don't want to miss this sale. Everything must go. This is Reg & Marilyn Bent's lifetime collection of Durant cars and collection of parts and other pieces. The sale date is SATURDAY JULY 16, 2022 at his home in Napanee, Ontario starting at 10:30 am....
Views: 180   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 6, 2022 6:44am
by Mike Linthicum
27 or 28 Locomobile 8-80 roadster, need help with year and a few parts
image hosting Hello all, I have a 27 or 28 Locomobile. My grandfather (Buddy Beard from Tulsa) restored the car before I was born, it has been in the shop at my house for at least 50 years. After my dad passed I was left the car and bought the h...
Views: 216   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 3, 2022 7:59am
by mike b
IGNITION & KEY
HEY GUYS, YOU REALLY HELPED ME OUT W/ MY GAS CAP A WHILE AGO. THANK YOU VERY MUCH BUT, I'M NOW LOOKING FOR A IGNITION & KEYS. CAN YOU HELP? THANKS AGAIN, GARY
Views: 387   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 23, 2022 11:16am
by Gary W Newman
1928 Durant Model 65 top material
I understand that the top material is long grain top material. I see Snyders Model T & Model A supplier sells a kit for the model A sedan. Complete with top material, cotton padding side folding welt etc. Has anybody used this or do you think it would work?
Views: 76   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 16, 2022 6:01pm
by Gordon F. Curl
Help, pictures needed for 2023 calendar, Help
Stephanie is assembling a calendar for 2023. She needs pictures of our cars! It's your chance to get exposure for your favorite auto. The bigger/more pixels the better, think creative, add foreground (needed for cropping), a background with no modern cars (or peopl...
Views: 66   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 13, 2022 9:48am
by Bob Smith
Announcement for Lance Haynes
Lance Haynes was one of the early founders of the Durant Club, and he was president for several years. He has owned and restored many Durant cars, and he has helped numerous others with their Durant cars. Lance is having serious financial difficulties now due to t...
Views: 174   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 2, 2022 11:45am
by Rick
m
mike b
Eureka Tour on Facebook
I want to thank all that are going to Eureka spring fling. I see some are on there way there. The weather is rapidly getting better. no rain in forecast is great news. For those follow us on Facebook, there are times posted on when we are going "live" to broadcast th...
Views: 106   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 20, 2022 8:46am
by mike b
Front windscreen dimensions
I'm currently reconstructing the wood body on my 1928 Rugby/Star 4 door sedan. Right now I'm fitting the front door pillars. Quite a fiddle to put it mildly. Don Marsh's book is very helpful, although I needed to read it several times to fully understand large parts...
Views: 105   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 19, 2022 5:02pm
by Duncan Smeaton
window glass
Hello, I am in need (big time) of all the window glass (front and back windshields, too) for my 1927 Star 4 cyl, 2 door sedan. I bought it as a project from an auction and it is pretty well underway, however, all window glass were misplaced. It's a longshot but I'm...
Views: 94   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 13, 2022 5:44pm
by Gary Nitkin
PDF antique automobile books
I found an incredible amount of pdf books . im not sure if you know of this archive of printed materials. i spent hours downloading and reading books about automobiles . I typed in 1923 automobile and durant star but you can type whatever you want. Tell us what you f...
Views: 121   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 28, 2022 9:20am
by Robert Bush
1927 Durant M2 For Sale
I have a beautiful and very unique project that I unfortunately don’t have the time for. It is a 1927 Durant M2, and according to the Durant Automobile Club of America, it is 1 of only 10 known in existence to this day. It is a full restoration project includin...
Views: 102   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 28, 2022 8:24am
by Christian Becker
Automobile Topics Magazine
Does anyone have any copies of Automobile Topics Magazine from the 1920's? I have a couple of copies and would like to get a few more. I got mine on eBay, and have looked at magazine and literature sites on the web. If you have some old copies, or know of some,...
Views: 102   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 27, 2022 11:52am
by Norm Toone
Durant Partner Spring 2022 Issue
I received the Spring issue of the Partner today. I am lucky to receive it since the Post Office has proven over the past year that it is not my friend. Thanks to Shawn, Bob Smith and the new printer for getting the new issue out to us.
Views: 69   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 25, 2022 4:26pm
by Robert Bush
Ignition Coil Problem
I've gone through three ignition coils in 100 miles. The last one worked for only 10 miles! Does anyone have any ideas about what may doing this?
Views: 126   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 25, 2022 3:29pm
by Ross
m
mike b
******EUREKA UPDATE******
Just a reminder, the Spring Fling in Eureka is a little more than a month away. There are still rooms available. So far there are 19 rooms checked in to the Eureka Inn. Been posting videos and picture on Facebook of the places were are touring. Don't let it's beauty...
Views: 121   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 24, 2022 7:18am
by mike b
Durant Production
How many total cars (all brands) did Durant Motors produce in its lifetime?
Views: 135   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 23, 2022 4:28pm
by Norm Toone
Door handles and window crank
I need the door handles and window cranks for my 1928 Star (inside). Any one have a 1928 Star with these original items they could take a picture of. I searched the internet and found a picture of the window crank like mine but they are repops for a Model A. I have n...
Views: 92   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 20, 2022 1:15pm
by Mike Linthicum
Interesting tidbit about W.C. Durant
Henry Leland took over Henry Ford's first company and turned it in to Cadillac which was then acquired by W. C. Durant. Leland left General Motors in a dispute with Durant over producing materiel during World War I. Cadillac had been asked to build Liberty aircraft e...
Views: 95   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 18, 2022 2:30pm
by Vince O'Brien
Wheel well paint
I am looking for suggestions as to the selection of a rust converter and a paint to use on my 1928 Durant M-2 wheel wells.
Views: 115   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 11, 2022 2:52pm
by Phil Peters
Rear Axle Inner Seal
I'm fabricating the inner rear axle seal for my 1928 Durant M-2. This is the seal that is inboard of the rear bearing which impedes the flow of rear end oil from reaching the bearing when going around a corner or on a slope. I was wondering if this seal is made to fi...
Views: 158   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 11, 2022 1:48pm
by Mike Linthicum
adding photographs to web site post now
It's been awhile since I've added any photographs to the DMAC web site. I would like to document my restoration efforts for my Model 65 under my post. I used to use photobucket I believe. What and how is the easiest way to do it now? Can someone let me know. Thanks.
Views: 103   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 4, 2022 9:44am
by Mike Linthicum
Don Shilling is in the hospital
Hello Durantonians I received a call from Shirley Shilling a little while ago to let me know that Don Shilling has been in the hospital a little over a week with a very very serious medical issue plus he has Covid. Don is in the hospital in Shreveport, Louisiana b...
Views: 379   Replies: 14
Last Post: Mar 20, 2022 7:56am
by Don Shilling
DMAC ANNUAL MEET
DMAC Annual meet members Veterans or Active going to MARSHALL, MICH. Can ask for Veterans military Discount. Sept. 14th 2022.
Views: 109   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 8, 2022 5:51am
by Kenneth Brink
1928 Durant Model 65 top material & running board material
Hello Deuarntonians; I'm looking at ordering my running board material and top material. So what is the correct pattern to use and do you have a source. I know Mac's and snyders has the material for the tops for Model T' and A's but I want the correct pattern and...
Views: 163   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 9, 2022 4:27pm
by Mike Linthicum
SAVE THE DATE 2022 Annual Meet in Michigan, Sept 14th-18th
Just a little information on the upcoming 2022 Annual Meet: The meet will be held in Marshall, Michigan. The hotel will be the Hampton Inn. The dates for the event are Sept. 14th-18th. A visit to the Gilmore Museum is planned as part of the program. The Grand...
Views: 118   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 2, 2022 3:26pm
by Robert Bush
m
mike b
*****eureka update******
Just a friendly reminder. Eureka is rapidly coming and you need to start thinking about securing your hotel reservation. The 1st day is a scenic drive through the northern region of eureka coast line. 2nd day is a historic drive around area of Eureka. 3rd day will be...
Views: 169   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 30, 2022 7:21am
by mike b
DOOR CHECK STRAP
Can someone send me a picture of a door check strap for 30-31 Durant. My 619 doesn't have have any and in order to find replacements I need to know what they look like plus their length and width. Rick
Views: 108   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 18, 2022 12:37pm
by Norm Toone
Carb for 1923 Durant A-22
A friend of mine is working on a 1923 A22. The car has a replacement Carburatator put on it that doesn’t seem to do the trick. I took him down one of my spares for my car but the 23 is different. Does anyone have a good crossover for a carb? Or better yet, a go...
Views: 116   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 12, 2022 12:03pm
by Norm Toone
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

The Durant Motors Automobile Club