Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
2020 DMAC National Tour
It's just a few days before this years DMAC annual meet in South Dakota gets underway. Guess what, Phil Peters has already been been working on next years event and I'm happy to announce that we'll kickoff the New Roaring Twenties in Clackamas, Oregon. Check the C...
Views: 180   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 31, 2019 5:23pm
by Rick Botti
For Sale
Looking anxiously for our annual meeting in the Black Hills, Just 23 miles from my house in Custer. My car will be there but at this writing it very well maybe on the trailer with a for sale sign on it. Everything motor wise is correct and it should start but hasn't....
Views: 204   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 20, 2019 9:01pm
by David Coppess
Curtis and Marcy Freih wins Judge's Pick Award!
Curtis and Marcy Freih just returned from the Reno Hot August Night event. Curtis's 1924 Star Roadster/Speedster won the Judge's Pick Award. There were 7,000 cars there and after 3 days of judging, their car won the Blue Ribbon. Curtis is so proud of his Star, he dro...
Views: 142   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 19, 2019 8:42pm
by Curtis and Marcy...
Bottom oil ring.
In need of one bottom oil ring for a piston out of a W5 that has 4 groves instead of three. All looks very good inside this engine except that piston 2 and 3 were locked up due to a bad head gasket. Broke one bottom oil ring taking them apart. Anyone got a spare pist...
Views: 165   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 12, 2019 8:53pm
by David Coppess
Brake sprongs
Does anyone know of a supply of springs used on the brakes or springs that can be modified? This is needed for the Bendix brakes on a 1928 Durant m4.
Views: 172   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 7, 2019 4:06pm
by Robin Baker
Flint E55 axle shafts
I need 2 axle shafts for my current project ; an E55 Flint. Mine are too twisted to use.
Views: 153   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 27, 2019 2:01pm
by Jack Connor
Restored 1929 D40 for Sale
I have reduced my asking price for my completely restored 1929 D40 four door sedan to $17,000 US. See the Photographs Section for many pictures and email me for more information. Thanks.
Views: 173   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 22, 2019 5:28am
by Mac Irvine
r
Rory
Durant on craigslist
1930 Durant deluxe for sale on Craigslist Roanoke $4500. I can check it out if anybody is interested, take pics ask questions Let me know Rory
Views: 193   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 13, 2019 8:15am
by Rory
Re: Club member
Today I remember long time club member Larry Rockey. I forget how many years it has been since he died from the effects of Agent Orange. Larry was from Black Diamond, WA. He put in his 4 years in the Army, then 30 plus years at Boeing. Gary
Views: 214   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 27, 2019 12:53pm
by Gary Yelle
Cool Picture
We had our Apple Blossom festivle and Classy Chassis car show in Wenatchee this past weekend....The Wenatchee World had this picture of the past on the front page.
Views: 240   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 10, 2019 8:52am
by Bill Hoaglan
Top Bow Measurements?
Now I'm getting confused! I've measured the top bows on Bill DeVries C touring and Frank Witkowskis F touring and resulted in different measurements. Both models use the same part number for replacement tops so the measurements should be the same. So, does anyone el...
Views: 166   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 8, 2019 10:14am
by Don Shilling
Updates to Events Page
I just finished updating the Events Page. If you're in the San Francisco Bay area in September come and visit the Antique Autos in History Park event located in San Jose. Durant will be the featured make. Rick Details here: http://historysanjose.org/wp/...
Views: 146   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 4, 2019 3:19pm
by Rick Botti
single pin headlight socket
I have a 1924 star has anyone found a replacement single contact headlight socket I ordered one that said single but came as a double contact thanks jeff
Views: 168   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 3, 2019 6:07pm
by jeffrey quicksel...
New Pictures from last week's Spring Fling Tour
Pacific Coast Chapter Spring Fling Tour Visalia, California In no particular order. We had 35 people and 14 cars. A good time was had by all http://www.dmacweb.com/events/PCC2019/spring2019/index.html
Views: 211   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 29, 2019 9:20pm
by Rick Botti
Autolite Distributor
I am looking for an Autolite distributor for my 23 Durant Star. My Generator number is GJ 4014. Can anyone help me find one.
Views: 157   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 15, 2019 10:07am
by Kenneth DeDomini...
Nifty accessory for the parched
Isn't that the Swallow rad cap used on Durant, De Vaux, Frontenac ?? Isn't that a play on words (swallow) :cocktail: .
Views: 190   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 11, 2019 11:16am
by Norm Toone
Star Engine Displays
I have lost my contact information for the gentlemen working on the Star engines and needing various used parts to complete some engine displays. Please contact me thru the email address on this post.
Views: 184   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 23, 2019 4:28pm
by Don Shilling
You tube video of "my Grandfathers Sold Motorcars" This man was a Durant Dealer..
Just came across this you tube video Check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP9peR-67RE
Views: 151   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 15, 2019 11:04am
by Carol FOgarazzo
Pacific Coast Chapter DMAC - Shake Down Tour
Come join us for this yeas' Pacific Coast Chapter DMAC - Shake Down Tour! Meet at the Sonoma Valley Airport AKA Schellville Airport 23982 Arnold Drive, Sonoma, CA at 10:00.
Views: 186   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 8, 2019 4:14pm
by Rick Botti
m
mike b
NEED A FLINT?
There is a 1925 flint sedan in Eubank, Kentucky for sale for 25k or best offer. check out classiccars.com
Views: 224   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 2, 2019 12:05pm
by mike b
Star Dealer pictures andf article
The Feb 6th edition of the Old Motor has a front page article on a Star dealership. Bob Andersen submitted the pictures on Facebook and I submitted the post here. Rick Click link below for full story. http://theoldmotor.com/?p=174042&fbclid=IwAR1zXsKyzQ...
Views: 161   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 10, 2019 8:53am
by Rick Botti
g
Gary
front universal joint, 1927 Star R
Had occasion to do a motor swap on my 27 Star and found that the front universal "assembly", which fits between the transmission and the clutch assembly made the job easy. by undoing the bolts in each section of the u joint, the center section can be dropped out. No...
Views: 146   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 11, 2019 6:34pm
by Gary
Just a little over a week to send in your donation to the Durant Motors Automobile Museum Foundation
Hello Everyone; The end of the year is quickly approaching and time for everyone in the U.S. to make those last minute donations to charities to be eligible for a tax deduction. December 31, 2018 is the cut off deadline. So far the Treasurer of the museum Foundatio...
Views: 118   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 19, 2018 6:36am
by Mike Linthicum
Email
Ricardo Columbo please email me. THANKS! Dave
Views: 209   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 2, 2018 2:34pm
by Dave Schulte
wheels
Hi guys looking for information on the factory back rims and lock rings for a 1 ton truck, my wheels are wood spoke, don't know if the rims are the same as any other trucks of that era or if they can be found some where else,
Views: 250   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 26, 2018 10:11pm
by Gary West
exhaust pipe to manifold
looking for some information on front pipe to manifold is there a special clamp or gasket to hold them together ? not sure if what dad has is correct thanks jeff
Views: 189   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 8, 2018 6:04pm
by jeff quicksell
HERSHEY 2018 Car Show, Hershey, Pennsylvania
Heading out this morning for the 2018 Hershey Pennsylvania AACA Car Show which starts 10/10/2018 through 10/13/2018. DMAC will have a booth at CE44 & CE45 in the Chocolate field again this year. If your going stop by to rest, get some refreshments and meat some of yo...
Views: 192   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 8, 2018 5:11am
by Mike Linthicum
g
Gary
Relined clutch discs
I just replaced my 27 Star R clutch pressure plate and disc using spares from my 24. Took the opportunity to swap flywheels also as my ring gear was shot. Pretty straight ahead job, not bad at all. The disc itself is a strange looking affair with a number of hard...
Views: 203   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 15, 2018 10:38pm
by Gary
DMAC Election of Officers Results
Hi All, At Thursday nights Business meeting the official ballots where opened and counted. The results are as follows. For President: Mike Linthicum 134 votes Peggy Spitz 72 votes For Vice President: D.J. Federlein 208 vo...
Views: 198   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 15, 2018 1:32pm
by Frank Witkowski
Radiator boiling over
When I put 600W steam cylinder oil in the transmission and differential my radiator boils over and sprays my windshield but when I put lighter weight oil in the transmission and differential it does not boil over how do I fix this?
Views: 206   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 15, 2018 1:20pm
by Parker Edmondson
22AA Starter
I tried to delete my post below this, wasn't successful... I need a complete starter for a 1930 or 31 Durant 22AA engine. Any help or information is greatly appreciated!
Views: 165   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 30, 2018 12:23pm
by John Asmus
Graf Zeppelin & Durant in Argentina
I don't remember where I found this, but it is a nice piece of history. The title read, Graf Zeppelin arriving in Buenos Aires, 1934. The Durant could be either a 1928 or 1929 Sedan. Up until the recession of 2008, there was a modern day Zeppelin based in Mounta...
Views: 173   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 26, 2018 11:49am
by Rick Botti
TODAY IS AUGUST 13! One month until the meet!!!!
All right Durantonians- it is one month until our meet in Staten Island. SO, if you have NOT made your hotel reservations yet-today is the last day to get that $139 a night rate. If you have not mailed in your registration fees- take care of that soon. If you have...
Views: 667   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 13, 2018 7:13am
by Peggy Spitz
Scammers
Had a guy call me after I put a parts wanted add on the aaca for devaux parts,this guy was smooth he was cleaning up his late fathers estate,had wheels and the trunk rack I needed,if you get a call from 775 area code by Edwin that would be him,watch out guys, Dave
Views: 185   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 4, 2018 4:06pm
by Dave enrico
Looking for a roommate at Staten Island. Meet
Hi Everyone- I got a call from a member who is really interested in coming to the Staten Island Meet. Since it is just him, he is interested in sharing a double Queen room with another member who would like to come-share a room and expenses for the room. Anyone int...
Views: 171   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 4, 2018 12:18pm
by Peggy Spitz
Update from the Hilton Garden Inn in Staten Island
Hi Everyone! I got an email today from the Hilton Garden Inn in Staten Island. The event coordinator informed me we have two more weeks until the room rate that Ed secured for our Meet will no longer be honored. SO, if your planning on attending this year's Meet-and...
Views: 176   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 31, 2018 8:21pm
by Peggy Spitz
New Pics
Just finished some background maintenance and also added three new pictures of Ken Hoshowski's 1926 Star Panel truck. He added a very nice Durant/Star decal to it. You can see them in the Photograph section under Star > Panel Truck - Ken Hoshowski. Rick
Views: 187   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 22, 2018 1:13pm
by Rick Botti
g
Gary
Star distributor set up
Hi folks, I just bought a pretty dusty and dirty, non-running 1927 6 cylinder Star automobile and am very happy! There is a problem, however. The distributor is missing . There appears to be a place for it to be installed at the back of the generator and I can se...
Views: 220   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 11, 2018 8:20am
by Gary
Hooking up the throttle from the bottom of the steering column
I haven't been able to comprehend how this connection is made. The exhaust manifold dumps out at the front of the engine. The throttle connection from the steering column is my puzzle. I have nothing but the piece on the end of the shaft that I'd guess a cable goes u...
Views: 192   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 26, 2018 9:49pm
by David Coppess
1928 durant 2 ton pickup 1926 durant yout parts
The cab and frame are a 1928 durant 2 ton pickup and the other one is 1926 durant yout I have a number of parts from my dad's estate. I don't have the knowledge or means to make use of them and i have to liquidate them anyway to pay his bills but i cannot find a w...
Views: 225   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 7, 2018 11:12pm
by Christna William...
Staten Island Tech Session
We are working on the tech session at the Annual Meet in Staten Island. Roger and Bert will be the hosts of this event. Roger asked if those of you with questions about our cars (and how to keep them running) to let them know what you would like the tech session to b...
Views: 182   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 1, 2018 8:58am
by Peggy Spitz
Photo Bucket images are back
Hi All... Anyone else notice that Photo Bucket has restored all the images? Saw on another forum and they are back on here. Frank
Views: 184   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 31, 2018 7:47pm
by frank witkowski
Lastest Updates on the Staten Island Meet
I just spoke to Ed tonight about the upcoming Durant Conference in Staten Island. He is very proud of Staten Island, and wanted me to share the website for Old Richmond Town with the group. It is www.historicrichmondtown.org if you would like to check it out. TripA...
Views: 171   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 20, 2018 5:38pm
by Peggy Spitz
Articles for the Partner
As always we need articles for the Partner. The next issue is the Summer issue due out in June and we need articles for that and future issues. Everyone has a story to tell about their car or cars. How did you find it? What restoration of parts have you done? What pi...
Views: 187   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 13, 2018 12:04pm
by Mike Linthicum
Speedometer cable parts source
Saw this over on the AACA forum http://www.texasindustrialelectric.com/speedo.asp frank
Views: 219   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 28, 2018 6:45am
by frank witkowski
woodspoke wheels-- 1930 Durant
I have six wood spoke wheels for a 30 Durant They may well fit other cars as well They have to be rebuilt but I know I would not have the patience to tackle this job. If anyone needs them they are available for whatever the cost to ship them would be. I would be...
Views: 313   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 19, 2018 8:03pm
by Ken McCormick( b...
1928 Continental engine block clean-up
Hi everyone I recently purchased a crack tested 4 cylinder engine block. Basically, it's in good condition but I want to de-rust the outside, clean it up and paint it before cleaning and oiling the cylinders. I'll then measure it up to see how much work it needs d...
Views: 258   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 9, 2018 3:12am
by Duncan Smeaton
DMAC Staten Island Meet
Time is counting down until our Annual Meet in Staten Island this year! I just checked the hotel rooms and we have 17 booked to date! This hotel IS the nicest on Staten Island so it will fill up by the time our Meet rolls around. So-IF you have NOT booked a room yet...
Views: 169   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 4, 2018 8:09pm
by Peggy SPitz
r
Ron
1933 Contenental Beacon
I have a 1933 Contenental Beacon. I was wondering if anyone knows the value of this vehicle, and where is the best place to buy parts for it. Thanks
Views: 190   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 24, 2018 5:18pm
by Ron
1926 Durant Star Four radiator and shroud.
I have a Durant Star 4 honeycomb radiator and shroud. It was in a Buick I purchased many years ago and no longer have. If anyone is interested in purchasing let me know. Shroud has the emblem on it...has a chip in the enamel still looks decent though. There is ru...
Views: 164   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 9, 2018 10:36am
by Greg Kaumeyer
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

The Durant Motors Automobile Club