Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wood for my roof

After a long delay I am commited to getting my Star finished. There is very little of the wood for the roof that survived. This is a 1925 2 door Coupe, as best as I can tell. I need help. Is there any one who can help me. Any pictures, measurement or specs, It would help if I knew if the roof was flat or if there is a crown in the cross pieces. How many slates and dimentions. And so forth, any insight or direction would be greatly appreactiated.. Thank you

Where Are You From? Farr West, Utah

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star 2 door Coach

Re: Wood for my roof

Eliot,

Working today & Friday but can go out to the barn this weekend and take some photos for you. maybe some detailed measurements down the road.
I bought a 1927 Star coupe just for the wood patterns for my other coupe that's like yours. All the wood is excellent and great for patterns
The photos will determine if a 1927 and 1925 are comparable.

Talk to you soon.

Bill

Where Are You From? Indiana

Do You own a car built by Durant? Too many.

Thank you so much that will be a great help.

Eliot,

Email sent.

Where Are You From? Indiana

Do You own a car built by Durant? Too many.

Hi Elliot

My 1928 Durant is at the restoration shop right now but I ran out of money and have to bring it home in about 3 Saturdays. If no one else has replied to you or gotten the information you need, when I get it home I can take pictures and measure etc for what you need. The restoration shop just rplaced all my wooden roof parts.

Do You own a car built by Durant? YES

The Durant Motors Automobile Club