Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chevrolet and Durant

Here is an interesting video of Luis Chevrolet and later in the story, Durant.
It skims over the story of there separation from each other during the Chevrolet Motors era, but still is very interesting.

https://youtu.be/-Rqodx8b5fI

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 Model 619 and 1929 model 60 Roadster

Re: Chevrolet and Durant

Hey Rick that was very interesting!

Do You own a car built by Durant? YES

Very informative!

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

This documentary doesn't present WC in a very flattering light, but I think we all know that he was not the "nuts and bolts" guy, but rather the marketing man. He was out to make money in this "newfangled" business, and we know he had many misfires. But today's automotive landscape would be radically different without Durant.

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

I agree Ross. it didn't really show Durant in a good lite but of someone that stole the Chevrolet car out from Chevrolet. But without Billy pushing to make a cheaper car to compete with the Model T, they would not have had the success. Chevrolet had an ego that wanted to big fancy car like the Cadillac etc with his name on it. Sales would have been and were minimal and the company would have just faded into oblivion. Like the documentary said Chevrolet was primarily a race car driver and that was his focus and drive until he died. Car manufacturing wasn't really his thing either. It was true about Durant not liking Chevrolet's cigarette smoking in a time that Gentleman smoked cigars and not cigarettes. Still and all some very interesting information I did not know.

Do You own a car built by Durant? YES

The Durant Motors Automobile Club