Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
An interesting Star and Durant story

The Goldendale, WA Sentinel weekly newspaper where I grew up has been published since 1879. It has a historical column entitled "Bringing Goldendale back to its roots" which reprints previous news stories relating to Goldendale's history. The February 1 edition started this way:

"This week we present a story that originally appeared in The Sentinel November 6, 1958, titled "Bruce Spaulding Presented Mail Box to Remind of Happy Days on Route". "How many automobiles does it take to carry the rural free mail for 38 years out of Goldendale?" When asked this question, Bruce Spaulding answered "I think I have used 28 different cars. Of course, in the earlier years I used each several years, but in the last 15 years or so I have made it a practice to trade-in each year. I drove 5 model T Fords, three V-8 Fords, one Star, one Durant, five Chevrolets, six Dodges and seven Plymouths."

An interesting old article that shows that our Star and Durant cars helped deliver the mail back then.

Where Are You From? Ellensburg, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, several

The Durant Motors Automobile Club