Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Window Channel Felt
I have not come up with anything solid for the window channels. I could buy the metal channels and felt but I would have to pull the whole door apart to put them in. The second idea was a rubber u-channel more like today's designs. I found them but then you run into...
Views: 257   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 3, 2017 10:01pm
by Bill Hoaglan
Happy New Year
Hi All A very Happy and Prosperous New Year to all our American Cousins from those up here in the great white north! We have had more snow this year in December than we had all last year. I am very fortunate to have a good neighbour with a snowblower and he has...
Views: 382   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 2, 2017 5:35am
by Walter Pre
Valve adjustment problem
The last two valves on my W5 won't stay in adjustment. After ten minutes of running the gap disappears. I've set them three times as has a professional restorer. He thinks the valves may be receding into the block. Anyone have any ideas what may be happening? An...
Views: 420   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 1, 2017 4:51am
by S. Blomquist
s
Shane
W5 Engine Rear Main Seal Block
Does anyone know of another source, other than from Mike Butters, for the replacement of the diecast block for the rear main engine seal for a W5 engine? I've been trying to communicate with Mike Butters for over 6 months about whether he has something suitable....
Views: 351   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 30, 2017 12:29am
by Lance Haynes
l
Luke
A22 Durant pistons
Hello would any one know what pistons would fit a a22 durant engine as I can't find any originals in Australia, please any help would be appreciated , thanks
Views: 321   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 29, 2017 4:28pm
by Graham Mock
Tire Size
While scanning a factory picture of a 1929 Roadster like mine, I noticed the tire size on the side of the tires. The size was 29x5.00/19, I have not seen it expressed that way before. I know what 5.00 and 19 stand for, But I don't know what the number 29 represents....
Views: 389   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 26, 2017 10:55am
by Norm Toone
r
Ross
1926 Miller Locomobile Junior 8 Special
This month's Sports Car Market (march 2017) has a picture and small writeup on this racecar(page 60). Owned by the Driehaus collection, it won first in clas in the early competion class. Nice looking ride. Anyone here know about this car? A nice looking ride. Ross
Views: 214   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 26, 2017 8:25am
by Ross
Phil Peters phone number?
I am trying to contact Phil and cant get through to him. I think he must have got rid of his phone and is using a cel phone-But I dont know his number. Can anyone help ? Ken McC0rmick
Views: 228   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 25, 2017 7:23am
by Phil Peters
1926 locomobile
just saw this ad on craige list inland empire calif 1926 locomobile junior 8 rebuilt engine,no price the phone is 310 686 3386 dave dont know much about locomobiles but i could probably go look at it if someone is truly intrested,i dont know the owner or any info on...
Views: 364   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 21, 2017 7:13pm
by mike
d
Denis
Presentation and doubts
Hello everyone, My name is Denis and I'm from Argentina. I recently purchased a Flint in very good condition, to restore. I would like to know how I can identify the model and the year of the vehicle. I also appreciate all the technical information you can provide...
Views: 323   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 21, 2017 2:50am
by Norm Toone
Star replacement cartridge
I came across a star motor company replacement cartridge and was wonder what a value on that would be.
Views: 331   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 16, 2017 12:55pm
by Don Shilling
1925 Durant Star 4 Truck
My family owns a 1925 Star Four Truck. They win vintage car show trophys 95% original. Anyone know more about this model? What should we insure it for or sale it for if interest will post photos shortly. Chris
Views: 491   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 14, 2017 8:51pm
by Mickel1992
Forging History Vidoe
Came upon this on another website I visit and found this really interesting.
Views: 295   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 6, 2017 7:33pm
by DebbieGagnon
Horn/distributor linkage
Hello everyone, trying to hook up the wire from the center of the steering column to the horn button. Anyone know how its done? Also missing the linkage from the bottom of the steering column to the back right side of the engine. Have it from there to the di...
Views: 218   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 5, 2017 6:04pm
by Lane Smith
M2 tail light
Can someone show me a pic of what a proper M2 tail light assembly looks like? Thanks in advance!
Views: 273   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 30, 2016 5:29pm
by Charles A. Spitz...
HEADLIGHTS
HOW DO YOU SEPERATE THE RINGS FROM THE HEADLIGHT BUCKETS? IT IS A 1924 STAR TOURING CAR. MODEL F
Views: 254   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 29, 2016 6:05am
by Don
license plate frame
i bought a 1928 Washington license plate for my car and the state allows me to use it as permanent plate with no renewal fees but i have been unable to find any kind of license plate frame that will fit it. it is longer and narrower than a modern plate so I have it h...
Views: 260   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 28, 2016 7:16am
by Bill Hoaglan
a
Annie
Please help ID this hood ornament/light/Moto Meter radiator cap?
I'm wondering if someone can help me id this Durant hood ornament/ light/Moto Meter radiator cap please? The globe part measures 3.75" and the wingspread is 12.5". The blue glass Durant panel in front shows light through it when the interior bulb is on. The two ho...
Views: 327   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 26, 2016 5:28am
by Carol
Christmas Greeting 2016.
Margaret and myself would like to wish all our Durant friends around the world a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year. Especially our friends on Face Book.We will be making every endevour to meet you all in September 2017 in CA.Our plans are well in hand.
Views: 258   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 26, 2016 5:25am
by Carol
Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year
I want to wish all of my Durant friends and acquaintances a Merry Christmas. This is a special season of the year that we can take time out of our busy schedules and reflect on the fulfillment of the promise of a Saviour that God has bestowed upon all of us. The hope...
Views: 196   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 22, 2016 5:08am
by S. Blomquist
Key
Question for the 30 Durant owners. Does any one know the Chum serial number for the ignition key, or have an extra I could buy? Thanks
Views: 502   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 16, 2016 11:53pm
by Rory
Axle straightening
I have a front axle I acquired along with the purchase of two w5 engines and some other miscellaneous parts. I was hoping to use the axle when building a small speedster I am planning around one of the w5 engines. The axle is bent slightly just inboard of the passeng...
Views: 273   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 13, 2016 7:55pm
by Al hackel
Locomobile Tow Rig
I came across this in one my employer's tow industry magazines today and thought I would share. I always get a kick out of mechanics' tools and equipment from this era.
Views: 247   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 8, 2016 2:46pm
by Todd E Frye
1928 8-80 sedan
I'm looking for a Durant sedan body or any Locomobile body that will fit on a 1928 8-80 chassis. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Chris (720-999-1854) crd8481@gmail.com
Views: 972   Replies: 18
Last Post: Dec 7, 2016 5:50pm
by Norm Toone
Happy Birthday: William C. Durant
December 8, 1861 was the birth date of William C. Durant, therefore a Happy 155th Birthday to the founder of the Durant Motor Company
Views: 136   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 7, 2016 4:29pm
by Charles A. Spitz...
Timing
I am struggling with both the valve timing and the distributor timing on my w5 engine. Am I right: you put the #1 piston at top dead centre and then turn the cam until the #1 exhaust valve closes, therefore, the #1 cylinder is no longer in firing position? You count...
Views: 487   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 6, 2016 7:21am
by Bill Hoaglan
m
mike
condolences
Our condolences to Dick and madeliene Ward for the lost of her beloved mother yesterday. She was at a young age of 110. The Babicks
Views: 288   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 25, 2016 11:39am
by Rick Botti
Happy Thaksgiving
I would like to take this opportunity to wish our Durant family a healthy, safe and joyous Thanksgiving holiday. I believe we should take this time at Thanksgiving to reflect on all of our blessings, including our families and friends. Rick
Views: 251   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 24, 2016 4:29pm
by Don Shilling
News Flash!!! Today is Don Shilling's Birthday!
Hey Durantonians, DMAC News Flash! Today is that Hardy Texan's Birthday! Yes Mr. Star Man himself!. Happy Birthday Don!
Views: 260   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 24, 2016 9:34am
by Yates Milton
DMAC memeber's Durant makes local newspaper
Jim Mitchell of Walnut Creek, CA had his 1929 Durant Coupe is featured in local newspaper. Click link below. Rick http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2016/11/21/me-my-car-29-durant-carmakers-history-fascinating/
Views: 266   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 22, 2016 6:57am
by Mike Linthicum
Thoughts and Prayers to our New Zealand club members
Just wanted to put out our thoughts and prayers to our New Zealand club members. Yes we have a couple that have been with us for many years. Graham and June Mock and Duncan Smeaton and I hope I have not forgotten anyone. We hope you all faired well and your families...
Views: 242   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 16, 2016 6:37am
by Mike Linthicum
Door skins
Hello Does anyone know if it is possible to buy door skins, either new or good second hand condition? My vehicle is the equivalent of the Star, 1928, M2 sedan. I have been told my worst 2 doors (full of rust holes) will cost NZ$350 to $500 each to remove rust an...
Views: 300   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 14, 2016 6:31pm
by Don Shilling
Christmas decorating
I have finally got ahead of the frost.. Have my yard decorations up and no frozen fingers this year . Sure took a long time to get smart but that,s how I do things. Now if I can figure how to post pictures I will take a few and show off my handiwork. It actually...
Views: 225   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 12, 2016 9:02pm
by Charles A. Spitz...
Annual Meet
Inquiring as to the month and Venue for 2017 next Annual Meet.
Views: 328   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 11, 2016 1:35pm
by Rick Botti
DMAC veteran
I just got back from my free veterans breakfast at a local watering hole and got to thinking about a DMAC member who passed a few years back. Larry Rockey's 29 D-60 Coupe is in our photograph section. Larry put in his 4 years in the Army and did have a tour in Viet...
Views: 252   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 11, 2016 1:08pm
by Arthur E. LloydI...
Flint updates
Lots of new Flint pictures added to Photographs section, a mix of era pics and current. Thanks to Terje Bråtveit for supplying the images. Rick
Views: 304   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 10, 2016 5:12pm
by Rick Botti
Wanted - 1924 Star Emergency Brake Shoe
Need to find an emergency brake shoe for my 1924 Star. This is the rear parking or emergency brake shoe that fits inside the brake drum. Any condition considered. I can always put a new lining on a worn out shoe.
Views: 236   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 10, 2016 1:35pm
by Bob DeAngelis
Torque Specs for 24 Flint
I need to know how much torque for the head bolts on my E6 engine and also for the manifold. Still need a 4 blade fan for same. Yates
Views: 273   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 5, 2016 8:11am
by Yates Milton
Today in history?
OK Durantonians, What happened today that has significance to the history of Durant?? Hint: You can drive it to the levee but the levee is dry? Frank ---
Views: 225   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 3, 2016 11:02am
by Don Atkinson
Engine paint Color
I need help trying to find the engine paint code for a 1923 Star green engine. thank you in advance. Ed Vomero
Views: 450   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 3, 2016 6:44am
by Mike Linthicum
Durant Motors return envelope (w/addr of New York HQ)
I recently bought some envelopes, and as I went through the boxes, I found a pristine return mail envelope from Durant Motors. It's awesome, but I am not a Durant memorabilia collector, so I thought I would see if anyone would like it. Picture
Views: 236   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 29, 2016 5:18am
by Mike Linthicum
Concours Event- Durant Needed
Hi Guys, I am on the Vehicle Selection Committee for the Eyes on Design Concours car show held at the beautiful old Edsel & Eleanor Ford Estate in metro Detroit each Fathers Day. One of our Feature classes next summer is a special class called Touring America whi...
Views: 270   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 27, 2016 2:43pm
by Bill Schultz
Another Flint find...
Hey All, Just snagged a '25 Flint B-40 Touring that was hidden in a machine shead about 45 minutes from my house in the Leavenworth, WA area...This guy has 4 wheel hydraulic brakes, engine turns freely, body metal looks exceptionaly good...The Wheels are not cor...
Views: 430   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 25, 2016 8:21pm
by Bill Hoaglan
ebay listing
Hey fellow Canadians. There is a 1926 locomobile jr woody for sale in Quebec, Canada. Looks like a real nice car to be in the club. The item number is 152288409434. hope someone gets it?
Views: 317   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 23, 2016 11:52am
by mike babick
A22 Crown Wheel and Pinion needed
Jimmie needs a new or second hand Crown Wheel and Pinion please. Any information on how or where to get one would be appreciated. E mail taupomocks@outlook.co.nz or mail address G. Mock, 'Arosfa', 14 Frederick Street, Two Mile Bay, Taupo 3330, New Zealand
Views: 223   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 22, 2016 7:59pm
by Graham Mock
Website Updates
Updates, Website Updates!! * Added Information for the Pacific Coast Chapter's 2017 Spring Tour to Club Events page. * Added 2017 DMAC National Meet information to Club Events Page. * Added pictures taken by the year's Billy Durant winner to the Frontenac Pho...
Views: 402   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 18, 2016 12:25pm
by Yates Milton
DMAC at Hershey!
I spent last week at the Hershey, Pennsylvania annual car show representing the DMAC there. For those that are not aware, the Hershey Fall Car Show is the largest car show east of the Rockies. Over 9,500 flea market spaces, 3000 cars in the car corral, several antiqu...
Views: 182   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 18, 2016 12:09pm
by Yates Milton
1929 Durant?
I'm a police officer with the Eugene Oregon please Department. I am putting together a history wall and located the first police car for the department. I am told it is a 1929 Durant. Can anyone verify this and/or tell me the model? Thank you very much. http://s...
Views: 356   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 14, 2016 11:44am
by Norm Toone
Hershey Fall Meet and the DMAC
OK Durantonians. Several members would like to see us have a space at Hershey each year to "get the work out" and try to recruit new members. As many of you early members know the club was re-organized and first met there in 1998 after the passing of Jeff Gillis the...
Views: 903   Replies: 25
Last Post: Oct 11, 2016 4:45pm
by Don Atkinson
m
mike
New York star motor
My dad bert just picked up a 1923 New York star motor made in New York. Does anyone know when did New York plant started production. Also,was this the first plant to produce star cars? The designation is "n" and production numbers were n-8 - n-3850. The motor my dad...
Views: 425   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 7, 2016 3:52am
by Norm Toone
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

The Durant Motors Automobile Club