Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Passing of long time DMAC member Rheal Meilleur

It is with great sadness that I post that long time DMAC member Rheal Meilleur of Cornwall, Ontario Canada passed away yesterday after a short battle with an aggressive cancer. Rheil was not only a big man of stature, but a big man with a big heart. He always brightened up any event that he showed up at, and was a strong supporter of the DMAC. We've lost a great "Durantonian" my friends. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

Re: Passing of long time DMAC member Rheal Meilleur

If you'd like to send the a family card, here is the address:

The Meilleur Family
PO Box 1682
Cornwall ON K6H 5V7
CANADA

Thanks to Charlie Spitz for sending me his Obit.

Where Are You From? California

Do You own a car built by Durant? two of em

I'm so very sad to hear about our dear friend Rheal. I always enjoyed seeing him and talking with him. God bless Rheal.....

Stephanie Smith

Where Are You From? Arizona

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

We're so saddened to learn of Rheal's passing. He was always so full of energy, interested in what was going on and you had to be on your toes to keep him from pulling your leg. We spoke with him last fall at Hershey and he was the Rheal we knew. Our condolences to Rheal's family.

Where Are You From? Oro Ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

We in Guelph and the Ontario Region are so sorry to hear of Rheal's passing. Rheal was always a great spark at our gatherings and we had hoped that he would be in attendance at this year's gathering in a few weeks.
Our sympathies are with his family at this time.
May he rest in Peace.

Gordon & Mary Carolyne Curl & Family and all the other Durantonians.

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac built by Dominion Motors Limited, Toronto

Cyndi & I would like to add our condolences to Rheal’s family. He always had a smile and friendly greeting at the club events. Everyone will miss him.

Where Are You From? Port Hueneme, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant Deluxe Sedan

If you go to the Wilson funeral home site (email address is in the obituary on this page) you can click on the guestbook and leave some heartfelt thoughts for Tina and Trisha (and the grandkids) to read. I am sure they would be touched to know how much Rheal meant to all of us.
Personally, I will truly miss him. No one will ever know how much it meant to us to see him drive those 90 miles to get us in NC after the car accident. I have never felt safer and cared for as I did that day. And that is just how Rheal always was. You never knew if he would show up for a meet (I think last year was a first that he registered ahead of time), but he was there whenever you needed him. May God bless his wonderful soul!

Where Are You From? NJ/SD

Do You own a car built by Durant? 4

Everyone, I'm sorry for my error reporting his passing yesterday. That was my error as I just found out about this last night. I stand corrected and wish I could have reported it earlier.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

Pam and I also extend our condolences to the Family and Friends of Rheal.
We were privileged to have met Rheal at the 2011 Vancouver B.C. meet, and
he was amongst those that shared our table at the Dinner.
He was certainly good company and helped make the Meet memorable for us both.

Frank & Pam.

Where Are You From? Adelaide, South Australia

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Cathy and I had the pleasure of meeting Rheal at the Lurray Virginia meet many years ago.

He was the kind of person that you took an instant liking to. He was a big man with an even bigger heart. Always made people feel welcome and a part of the meets.

He made some memorable times for us. I'll always remember him directing traffic in Vancouver BC during our tour, and the way he said D0-rant.

We had the honor and pleasure of knowing Rheal and calling him a true friend. We will cherish the many memories..... Rest in peace my friend.

Cathy & Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? many

So so sorry to hear of this, Rheal was a special friend to many... his heart was wide open, a giving person...without thought of himself. We will miss his smile and wit. He is what makes this car club special.
He would just show up out of the blue... it started with his Falcon... he would get a bug for the road travel, and off he went at the spur of the moment. He would stop by here often... once We drove to Bennington (about 30 miles from our home)went into a local pizza parlor, and there was a familiar face....
He just wanted some good pizza...

We were lucky enough to have the pleasure of his company at Hershey this year..
We will never forget him. RIP my friend.

Where Are You From? S. Vermont

Do You own a car built by Durant? many

I am truly heartbroken. The passing of Rheal is a great shock. I always look forward to all our meets to be hang out with my buddy. We were together at the Hershey meet and RM auction. we had a great time.I know He must be in Heaven. I am having trouble just writing this email. I just can't believe he is no longer with us. I will never forget Rheal.

Where Are You From? Staten Island NY

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star Tourings-3

I am truly heartbroken. The passing of Rheal is a great shock. I always look forward to all our meets to be hang out with my buddy. We were together at the Hershey meet and RM auction. we had a great time.I know He must be in Heaven. I am having trouble just writing this email. I just can't believe he is no longer with us. I will never forget Rheal.

Where Are You From? Staten Island NY

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star Tourings-3

The Durant Motors Automobile Club