Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Need old body wood
My 31 model 619 has finally arrived at the replacement wood stage in its restoration. The body is the same used on models 614 and 407. The roof in my car had a fire in the distance past and I could use old roof wood to use as templates. If anyone out there has one or...
Views: 541   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jun 7, 2018 5:43pm
by Rick Botti
Bumper Badges
Given this bumper badge. Recent forum post had one but this one is a little different. Sid Semple
Views: 216   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 5, 2018 4:56pm
by Sid Semple
Pacific Coast Spring Fling Tour
Our Spring Fling Tour is coming up real fast! Many of you that have attended an event in the past will received a registration form in the mail. If you need one the very same registration form can be download this direct link: Registration Form Here Rick
Views: 436   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 3, 2018 10:18pm
by Rick Botti
Staten Island Tech Session
We are working on the tech session at the Annual Meet in Staten Island. Roger and Bert will be the hosts of this event. Roger asked if those of you with questions about our cars (and how to keep them running) to let them know what you would like the tech session to b...
Views: 177   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 1, 2018 8:58am
by Peggy Spitz
Photo Bucket images are back
Hi All... Anyone else notice that Photo Bucket has restored all the images? Saw on another forum and they are back on here. Frank
Views: 180   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 31, 2018 7:47pm
by frank witkowski
mason truck
I have found what I was told was a 1927 Durant truck that is still all together and in good restorable shape. I am trying to learn as much as I can about it. Any information would be muchly appriecated. Any idea on what it is worth? Please help, thanks. mt arledge
Views: 918   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 27, 2018 7:32am
by Steve Rocca
Torque specs for W5 head bolts
I need to re-torque my W5 head bolts. I couldn't find anything in the Star repair manual or on this site. Anyone got the specs?
Views: 198   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 25, 2018 6:46pm
by Don Shilling
GENERATOR TO WATERPUMP HOSE AND CAPS
HELLO EVERYONE DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET THE RED HOSE AND CAPS THAT DRIVE THE WATER PUMP OFF THE GENERATOR FOR MY DEVAUX,NEW PROJECJ AND THERE MISSING, THANKS DAVE
Views: 299   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 24, 2018 10:12pm
by VINCE O'BRIEN
Lastest Updates on the Staten Island Meet
I just spoke to Ed tonight about the upcoming Durant Conference in Staten Island. He is very proud of Staten Island, and wanted me to share the website for Old Richmond Town with the group. It is www.historicrichmondtown.org if you would like to check it out. TripA...
Views: 167   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 20, 2018 5:38pm
by Peggy Spitz
Brake lining 1930
I need to reline the brakes on my 1930 407. Where can I get correct replacement linings and brass rivets so I can reline my brakes?
Views: 474   Replies: 11
Last Post: May 16, 2018 9:10am
by Bill Hoaglan
Treatment of Durants
Last night I was watching a prerecorded segment of “****ATION” which aired on USA channel the 4th of January 2018. called “The goodness of men”. At about three minutes before the end of the program there was a shootout that included a 1930...
Views: 344   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 14, 2018 6:29am
by Rick Botti
sold my star
I sold my car. The guys name is Jim Linc and his wife Dixie so watch for them as they are going to be new members soon. Jim is going to keep the car original and that makes me happy. I've reached that point where the best for the car was to let someone who can take i...
Views: 262   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 13, 2018 7:21pm
by Mike Rice
Articles for the Partner
As always we need articles for the Partner. The next issue is the Summer issue due out in June and we need articles for that and future issues. Everyone has a story to tell about their car or cars. How did you find it? What restoration of parts have you done? What pi...
Views: 182   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 13, 2018 12:04pm
by Mike Linthicum
v
Victor
Is this a Durant Automobile Part
Hello, I found an old Schrader valve cover that has a 5 point star in the center. I tried to upload a pic but it wouldn't allow me to. Curious, can anyone tell me if Durant automobiles used a valve stem cover like what I described?
Views: 244   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 11, 2018 9:05am
by Don Shilling
TRUNK RACK
HELLO EVERYONE DOES ANYONE HAVE A DEVAUX CUSTOM COUPE THAT THEY COULD TAKE SOME PICS OF THE TRUNK RACK AND ATTACHING BRACKETS,I BOUGHT THE GREG OTTERSEN DEVAUX CUSTOM COUPE AND THE TRUNK RACK IS MISSING,IT HAD SOME BRACKETS TO HOLD THE TRUNK ON THE BACK BUT NO RACK...
Views: 205   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 9, 2018 1:54pm
by dave enrico
Value of Star/Durant Motors brass id or vin plate
I'm an estate sale picker and I came across a brass plate for a "Star Made for Durant Motors by Continental Motors Corporation Detroit and Muskegon Detroit". I'm looking to sell it and trying to find out a value. I found some on eBay but not exactly like mine. Any...
Views: 237   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 6, 2018 7:13pm
by Kaye jaff
Annual meet - Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Hi There: Make sure that you book the date now! This will be the 23rd Annual meet for the Canadian group. The dates this year are JUNE 29 TO JULY 2nd YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS IT. The registration forms and information are listed under Club Events. We look...
Views: 221   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 4, 2018 10:57am
by Jack Connor
Speedometer cable parts source
Saw this over on the AACA forum http://www.texasindustrialelectric.com/speedo.asp frank
Views: 215   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 28, 2018 6:45am
by frank witkowski
Springfield Meet
I was just wondering if a date has been considered for this meet next April? It's only about four months away and I'm getting ansy for this road trip! I already have a motel room for Chickashay swap meet in March but this is just in by back yard!
Views: 809   Replies: 21
Last Post: Apr 27, 2018 8:03am
by Gordon F. Curl
Staten Island Meet Update
Hi Everyone. I spoke to Ed today (actually he called me). He wanted me to share the following in the Forum about the September Meet 1. Staten Island is one of the 5 boros of NYC, but it is the Residential Neighborhood of them all. This means less traffic and more...
Views: 213   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 23, 2018 6:23am
by Charles A. Spitz...
woodspoke wheels-- 1930 Durant
I have six wood spoke wheels for a 30 Durant They may well fit other cars as well They have to be rebuilt but I know I would not have the patience to tackle this job. If anyone needs them they are available for whatever the cost to ship them would be. I would be...
Views: 309   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 19, 2018 8:03pm
by Ken McCormick( b...
What did you do to your Durant (or other cars) Today?
Well I spend a couple of hours on my brakes, rebuilding them. One thing I learned was that I did not take enough pictures when I took them apart but hey I think I got them back together. Now I just have to source some new springs for them.
Views: 300   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 17, 2018 12:47pm
by Mike Linthicum
1928 Locomobile 8-80
I just took delivery of a 1928 8-80 Locomobile, car number 255. The seller told me that it was a sedan, but the title calls out a convertible. The body from the cowl back is missing. The rest of the car is fairly complete. The seller has owned the car since the ea...
Views: 509   Replies: 15
Last Post: Apr 13, 2018 8:48am
by dave enrico
Pinion housing and differencial gaskets ?
I picked up my differential parts from the blaster painter today and i'm panicking as it is in pieces. It looks nice, but the differential is in two pieces and the pinion housing is separate. I think the gearing is all together in a bag along with the other parts. It...
Views: 374   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 9, 2018 6:05am
by Mike Linthicum
1928 Continental engine block clean-up
Hi everyone I recently purchased a crack tested 4 cylinder engine block. Basically, it's in good condition but I want to de-rust the outside, clean it up and paint it before cleaning and oiling the cylinders. I'll then measure it up to see how much work it needs d...
Views: 255   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 9, 2018 3:12am
by Duncan Smeaton
DMAC Staten Island Meet
Time is counting down until our Annual Meet in Staten Island this year! I just checked the hotel rooms and we have 17 booked to date! This hotel IS the nicest on Staten Island so it will fill up by the time our Meet rolls around. So-IF you have NOT booked a room yet...
Views: 164   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 4, 2018 8:09pm
by Peggy SPitz
Chrome or nickel, what say ye!
Original model 65 sales literature I have says this model has the "new chromium metal process on the outside on parts" doesn't say what parts though. Inside is not problem looks like all the parts were nickel. Can't seem to tell on my radiator shell and headlight buc...
Views: 382   Replies: 11
Last Post: Apr 4, 2018 6:22am
by Mike Linthicum
Star R for sale Craig's list
Hi All...... not mine in Eastern PA. 1927 Durant Four Door Model R Star Six Cylinder Sedan Car - $5000 (Wilkes Barre) image 1 of 3 1 1 2 3 1927 Durant condition: good fuel: gas odometer: 28663 title status: clean transmission: manual Old warehou...
Views: 243   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 3, 2018 6:59am
by Norm Toone
Wood wheels:
I am happy and sad after I got a E-mail a little bit ago. I just got a picture from a DeVaux owner in the Mid West and the picture is of his Standard Coupe with wood wheels. I have never seen wood wheels on a DeVaux. I wanted to call Howard to share this picture....
Views: 547   Replies: 9
Last Post: Mar 31, 2018 5:52am
by Norm Toone
DMAC East Coast Chapter Spring Meet April 19 -22, 2018, Springfield, Illinois
Start making those reservations and let's see a good turnout this April! DMAC East Coast Spring Meet April 19 throgh April 22, 2018 Hilton Garden Inn 3100 S. Dirksen Parkway, Springfield, Illinois, 62703, USA TEL: +1-217-529-7171 ROOM RATE of $89.95 per...
Views: 309   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 27, 2018 2:35pm
by Don Shilling
Car and parts to be had cheap
I had a call from a guy in Vernon B C --not to far from here . He has a 23 or 24 durant truck he wants to get rid of. Apparently he has a lot of parts as well but he doesnt want them He is easy to talk to and says he would not be able to do the job of rebuildin...
Views: 436   Replies: 16
Last Post: Mar 26, 2018 9:03am
by Ken McCormick( b...
r
Ron
1933 Contenental Beacon
I have a 1933 Contenental Beacon. I was wondering if anyone knows the value of this vehicle, and where is the best place to buy parts for it. Thanks
Views: 185   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 24, 2018 5:18pm
by Ron
Information: The last Flint Z18 Jr. on the planet !
I recently purchased a 1926 Flint Z18 Jr. two door that was in the process of being restored after the previous owner was unable to complete it. It has been in storage with probably eighty five percent of it being finished ( plus it will need new wiring and an interi...
Views: 195   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 23, 2018 4:13pm
by Roger Toppenberg
Cowl band help needed
Wanted one 1930 or 31 Durant Cowl band. I believe the cowl band is the same for most models of those years. However I realize finding one of these is a long shot so I also need to repair mine. A 5" inch bottom piece on both ends is too far rusted to preserve, so I...
Views: 296   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 23, 2018 3:40pm
by Rick Botti
torqueing chart
Hi fellow members.Iam rebuilding 2 continental 6 cilider L engines an I would need the torque chart for the whole engine as soon as possible please.
Views: 564   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 22, 2018 5:37am
by Norm Toone
Howard Reinke
I got a call from Howard's son tonight to tell me of Howard's passing. He died March 15th, 2018. Howard was 85. I have known Howard for almost 20 years. We had many DeVaux discussions over the years. I only met Howard once at the 2011 gathering in Traverse Cit...
Views: 192   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 20, 2018 8:19am
by DAVID ENRICO
Continental Motor Oil Filtrator
OK Durantonians. The Continental 14L & 15L engine used in 1928/1928 Durant cars had a first attempt device to filter the oil, called an oil filtrator. It was a large thing on the side of the block that originally contained felt washer rings to filter the oil. I've re...
Views: 1880   Replies: 36
Last Post: Mar 14, 2018 1:07pm
by Tom Schaffer
2018 Durant Meet in Staten Island
Just an update for everyone. I checked with the hotel and we have a total of 17 rooms booked for the event. Remember if you have NOT made your reservations for a room yet do it ASAP. This hotel in the NYC are sells out about every weekend and well in advance of any...
Views: 213   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 11, 2018 5:50pm
by Peggy Spitz
I've seen it all now! A 29 Durant Rat Rod.
Well fellow Durantonians I've seen it all now. Check out the Ebay page and look at the 29 Durant Rat Rod that's for sale in Miami. I've seen Durant hot rods, but not a Rat Rod yet. Looks like there is one out there now!
Views: 326   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 10, 2018 7:31pm
by VINCE O'BRIEN
DMAC Election of Officers
Hi All.... We are approaching that time again when the membership will vote for Club Officers. As past president I am the chairman of the elections committee. Other members are Bill DeVries and Don Shilling. If you are considering running for any offices pl...
Views: 185   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 8, 2018 5:11am
by Frank Witkowski
Top Clip
The previous owner of my car fashioned an S-shaped clip that is inserted between the outside frame rail to keep the top from sagging. It's hard to insert and not very elegant. What was used when the car was new? anonymous image hosting
Views: 315   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 7, 2018 11:09am
by Don Shilling
Our Founder Yates Milton
It is with great sadness that I tell you this, the founder of our wonderful Durant Motors Auto Club passed away last night. Yates was a good friend to us and a true Southern Gentleman. The organization he created reaches around the world and is now twenty years old...
Views: 298   Replies: 9
Last Post: Mar 7, 2018 8:01am
by Gordon F. Curl
Passing of Yates Milton, 1st President of the DMAC
It is with great sadness that I report that Yates Milton passed this evening in a hospital in Greenville, North Carolina. By his side was Doris his Wife and Michael and Cindy his two children. A true Southern Gentleman if ever there was one, Yates was very active in...
Views: 229   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 5, 2018 8:24pm
by Rick Botti
Running board rubber and metal trim
Ok, got a question for you all. What is the proper rubber to cover the top of the running boards with? Who supplies it? I know there is a couple of different patterns, but what is factory correct? Also the metal running board aluminum trim. What is correct for the 19...
Views: 370   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 4, 2018 10:35pm
by Hilkka Brucksch
d
Drew
1926 Flint Jr. Z-18 for Sale
Hi, My name is Drew and I am currently a college intern for a historic house in Des Moines, IA called the Salisbury House. My specific summer internship puts me in charge of marketing, pr and promotion of the 9th Annual Salisbury Automobile Classic. The biggest f...
Views: 596   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 22, 2018 12:09pm
by Roger Toppenberg
Durant gas caps
Hi Everyone, There was some interest in Gas Caps again so I cast and finished another 5 . They are the ones that have the "D" in the center, and have the 1 7/8" threads. I think there are pictures from past messages, if not I can put up some new ones. Thanks Mi...
Views: 1411   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 22, 2018 11:32am
by rick
Durant Video Clip
I ran across a walk around video that I had taken a couple years ago at our "Midnight at the Oasis" car show here in Yuma, AZ ...This was shortly after I had finished the restoration...This Coupe is made up from an M-2 Star chassis and running gear, body is mostly M-...
Views: 233   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 16, 2018 5:25pm
by Brian Johnson
Thanks for the fellowship.
As I recently sold my d40 Rugby Light Van I have tendered my resignation to the Secretary/membership Officer. I would like to thank all members that helped me out with my queries over the past 19 years. It was very much appreciated. All the best for the future. Re...
Views: 229   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 12, 2018 10:16am
by Mike Linthicum
Attachment bolts for front of the cab
I have my cab off the car and find that the two bolts that hold down the front of the cab have no tabs to bolt it down I have all the pieces but think they have been worn down by being off for a long time I don,t know how to describe the thing but would sure lik...
Views: 227   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 9, 2018 7:40pm
by Ken McCormick( b...
1926 Durant Star Four radiator and shroud.
I have a Durant Star 4 honeycomb radiator and shroud. It was in a Buick I purchased many years ago and no longer have. If anyone is interested in purchasing let me know. Shroud has the emblem on it...has a chip in the enamel still looks decent though. There is ru...
Views: 160   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 9, 2018 10:36am
by Greg Kaumeyer
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

The Durant Motors Automobile Club