Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The story of Leaside 1931

I found this picture from the Toronto Public Library website.
The picture can be found on page 18 of the book.
The book was published in 1931 and can be download for free from the link below.

https://static.torontopubliclibrary.ca/da/pdfs/31385029308291.pdf

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Two of them

Re: The story of Leaside 1931

Hey Rick that is interesting and thanks for putting that up. Just after I became President, I was contacted by the Leaside Historical Society chairman about submitting a letter to the board of development to stop the tearing down of the last remaining building of the Durant plant there, the administrative building to build some modern apartments/condominiums. I did submit a lengthy letter to them stating the importance of saving one of the only remaining Durant buildings there as part of LEaside's history. I think they did get a reprieve from development for now, but I'm sure the developers will attach again. They video from 1923 that we have and have shown before at our events is from the Leaside plant or the assembly line of a Durant/Star tourings coming down the line.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Interesting read! I appreciate you sharing it! Looks like it would be a great place for a meet! Anyone live close enough to run one here?

Where Are You From? San Diego/New Jersey

Do You own a car built by Durant? 4

Neat ... If that's car T 1992 its a 1930 sedan. Next car they are adding the one piece metal roof and upper back window section, that Rick just took off to do the woodwork. Must do the cars backwards as one after those have the Budd steel doors added.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

Most of Durant models sold in Australia came from Leaside CKD, assembled with locally made bodies.

Where Are You From? Australia

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes d65 and 614

Hi Syd,
Where in Austraia do you live? I would like to drop in and have a Chat about Rugby's with you if you are not to far awayfom here.

Where Are You From? Armidale 2350 M- 0427721412

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1924 Rugby Tourer

Biloela 4715 cent qld, 49923398, fair way apart. Will let you know of i come your direction.

Where Are You From? Australia

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes d65 and 614

Don't you wish you could pluck one off the assembly line right before they "painted" them (with the "flow" method), and say I'll take it from here. Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

The Durant Motors Automobile Club