Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Reg Bent's Roadster

Just posted five new pictures of Reg Bent's beautiful 1930 model 614 Roadster in the Photographs page under the Durant section.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Two of them

Re: Reg Bent's Roadster

Wow! Where has this beauty been hiding? Fantastic looking ride!

Where Are You From? Brighton MI

Hi Brian
Our longtime Canadian member Reg Bent is a very very talented restorer and all his cars are done to perfection. His 31 Rugby Phaeton is just as beautiful and both run in tip top shape. Maybe you will get to see them at the next DMAC meet held in Canada sometime in the future. Reg and Marilyn are great people!

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Mike, I am embarrassed to say I met Reg I at the Orillia meet and now recall the car and you as well riding along with him. A sign of my age? I enjoyed several great conversations with him. I was really impressed with the roadster not just for the great restoration but it originally had a four cylinder and he placed a 6 in it. He matched it to the original rear end for the 4 cylinder and that car would just fly down the road. Reg seemed like a walking encyclopedia of vintage mechanics too. He even recalled the mechanical history of my car with its previous owner from the 90’s. Wish I had his talents.... and memory🙄

Where Are You From? Brighton MI

Maybe I'm missing something but why would a 614 have a 4 cylinder in it?

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several plus 1

Because the roadster was orig a 407 from BC and Reg turned it into a 614. Reg had the 407 Rugby and wanted a 6 cyl as well. Pull the W8 and put in a 22A, switch hoods to the spear type and you have a 614.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

Neat! They use the same frame"

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several plus 1

Sure is a beautiful car isn't it? Like Norm said, I think this was from BC and was a collegiate roadster(AL Scholes ?) Reg has the parts to convert to the six (when I was at his place many moons ago he had stuff that you could make whatever you wanted)(like the stuff in the late Lynn Meeker's basement).The differences are in the shorter 4 cylinder, e.g.-longer rad hoses, fan hub etc.)If Reg builds it, it is top notch! Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

The Durant Motors Automobile Club