Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Wood bows
I have to replace wood bows of my 1928 Rugby. Locally is hard to find skills for wood blending. I have been offered laminated. But there are different offers. Laminated cutting the "C" shapes from flat plywood and gluing several layers to meet thickness, or cutting t...
Views: 348   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 18, 2004 7:38pm
by Ricardo H.Colomb...
23 radiator shell
does anyone know if the radiator shell and headlight rims are painted or natural nickel or what on a 23 star touring. thank you
Views: 300   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 18, 2004 10:57am
by Gaute
Wanted: 1923 Star Hood
I am in need of a hood for my 1923 Star speedster project. Any condition will be considered. Also, any information to help in my search would be appreciated.
Views: 344   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 12, 2004 5:34am
by Robert DeAngelis
Spark plug wire tube
Needed spark plug wire tube for 14L motor. Thanks Emil
Views: 329   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 11, 2004 5:07am
by Emil Oraskovich
side curtains
I was wondering if anyone knows where to have side curtains for a 23 star touring made?
Views: 372   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 11, 2004 5:01am
by Ken Brink
b
bec
coast to coast
guys i need a hand here my local hauler dropped the ball now i need to hav a 29 durant coupe transported from oregon to new jersey anyone konw of someone who hauls at a reasonable figure? any suggestions greatly appreciated thanx bec ps i still need a pair of fr...
Views: 299   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 9, 2004 5:47am
by Charles A. Spitz
b
Bob B
1929 Durant Model 60
Looking for parts for Candadian Durant Sedan. Need Piston and rings (50 over) and bearings (30 under) for Silverdome Engine SA133114. My Dad has just bought the car and is looking for any info. Thanks. Bob
Views: 371   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 7, 2004 7:26am
by Bob B
1925 Star
Looking for a Speedometer for 1925 Star Model M 2 door Sedan
Views: 424   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 3, 2004 6:55pm
by Bob Porter
Star on ebay...coupster?
Is the Star on ebay a coupster, or just a coup? Bob
Views: 324   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 1, 2004 7:23pm
by will curl
Headlights
hi guys i have finally got my own computer and the internet As many of you may already know from talking to my father (Gord Curl) we are rebuilding a 1922 Durant touring. This car has led a interesting life and one day I might know the whole story. I am trying...
Views: 512   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 1, 2004 7:07pm
by will curl
Flint for Sale on AACA forun
There is a Flint for sale on the AACA forum. Valued at $100,000 but they are selling for $35,000. Jan
Views: 338   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 1, 2004 8:16am
by Jan Arnett
d
darrel
moto meter
does anybody know where i can locate a boyce radio moto meter? please e-mail me if anyone can help thanks darrel gtxragtop69@hotmail.com
Views: 358   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 30, 2004 5:09am
by BEC
Ignition Switch Wiring.
I have had to abandon the idea of using the original switch on my 30 Durant. The switch on the 30 was built into the coil and efforts to get the old switch repaired proved useless. I bought a switch for a Model A Ford (sorry gang) that has 2 terminals. Would someone...
Views: 365   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 28, 2004 8:08am
by Bill Hoaglan
1930 Durant 666 rumble seat coupe with dual sidemounts for sale.
Hey y'all, Just for your information, I saw the above listed car for sale on ebay. It came on late this afternoon. I was hopeing someone was looking for a new project (total rebuild?) and could get this one before some streetrodder grabbed it up. Also, I'm into...
Views: 618   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 26, 2004 11:25pm
by Rick Botti
AACA Award in San Diego for a Durant car
Good news everyone. Charlie Spitz and I just received a AACA 1st Jr. award here in San Diego tonight in our first try with the 1930 Durant model 407. We are extremely proud. Not a easy task. Took almost two years of hard work. The judges seemed very impressed with th...
Views: 451   Replies: 11
Last Post: May 26, 2004 5:24am
by Yates Milton
Tail Light Lens
The tail light lens for my '29 Durant, Model 40, was broken during restoration. Does anyone have a spare lens (beehive with "STOP" engraved into glass) that they would be willing to sell? Thanks
Views: 348   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 25, 2004 10:23am
by Mac Irvine
U-Joints, fan belt bearings
Restoring 1926 Star Sedan. Looking for u-joint balls. Also looking for someone to update fanhub. Thankyou Paul Hoffman. My phone number is 248-627-8342.
Views: 352   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 25, 2004 4:00am
by Gary Warden
1928 M2 side lights
My 1928 M2 Rugby had two fake side lamps installed by a previous owner. I have seen several pictures of cars with those lamps of a little bit less of 4" diameter. I will be grateful if some Club member send me a close picture of the supports that hold those lamps to...
Views: 315   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 24, 2004 2:55pm
by Ricardo H.Colomb...
1928 or 1929 Durant Model 60 Four door Sedan (Standard Model)
Hello Boys and Girls, I just looked at a '28 or '29 Durant model 60 four door standard sedan. The radiator and hood are missing as well as some of the engine parts, fuel pump, dash cluster. ect. The wood is gone got the sheet metal is there. This car has been...
Views: 373   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 23, 2004 8:50pm
by Bruce Hargin
29 Durant Radiator
I thought that somebody with knowledge about Durants could fill me in. I bought a 29 durant radiator and shell on a models t rat rod that I built. I am having second thoughts about using this beutiful piece on such a misfit car. I figure that it won't hold the press...
Views: 371   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 23, 2004 6:43pm
by Douglas Heckart
1926 Star Headlamps
Hello, I have a 1926 Star Model R Coach. The headlights currently on the car are bullet shaped and are all chrome. The say Parabeam Headlamp on them. They measure roughly 9.5" wide and the lenses should be around 8.25" or so. Are these original or should the c...
Views: 445   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 21, 2004 8:34pm
by Swen Erickson
b
BEC
29 DURANT FENDER
I NEED ADVICE FROM FELLOW DURANT OWNERS I AM OFFERED A LEFT FENDER FOR A 29 DURANT IT LOOKS TO BE IN NICE SHAPE THE OWNER WANTS $175 PLUS THE RIDE MY QUESTION IS THAT A FAIR PRICE ? OR IS IT A LITTLE HIGH? ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED. I STILL WOULD NEED A RITE FE...
Views: 368   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 20, 2004 4:04pm
by BEC
3 Wheeled driving stunt
Hi All.. Going through some of my factory correspondence, I found a one page memo from the Atlanta Durant distributor that explains how to set up a car for this stunt and also some promotion ideas. This is from the early '20's, and was a popular advertising gim...
Views: 382   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 20, 2004 6:35am
by Frank Witkowski
Dues apologies due & snubber help please
Just wanted to apologize for not renewing til this morning. I know how frustrating and annoying it can be for brave volunteers to have to keep track of this stuff and I regret adding to anyone's work. In other news, I am going to try and "redo" the Gabriel snubbe...
Views: 400   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 19, 2004 8:53am
by Jan Arnett
Location of Data Plate -30 Durant
I was told that I was wrong when I stated that the data plate on the 30 Durants were on the toeboard and nowhere else. The person also has a 30 Durant and that a DMAC member told him there were 2 plates. One on the toeboard and one on the firewall. Who is right? Y...
Views: 279   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 19, 2004 7:42am
by Lance Haynes
New ID plate pricing
The new ID plates will be ready to ship in Mid May. The pricing wil be as follows: Any plate at $20 postpad to any Club member worldwide. Any four plates mix or match postpaid to any Club member worldwide @ $18 each. Prices are in US dollars If you hav...
Views: 468   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 18, 2004 7:17pm
by Lance Haynes
Dort Radiator Badge
Anyone need a mint Dort radiator badge? It is a little pricey but I saw it at the local swap meet on Saturday and I have the phone number of the guy who has it for sale. Bob (L8GR858 on eBay)
Views: 393   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 17, 2004 7:14pm
by Robert Bush
b
bec
fenders
hey people anybody know the whereabouts of a pair of front fenders for a 29 model 40 coupe ? do sedan fenders how about model 60 fenders? thanx bec
Views: 379   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 16, 2004 8:42pm
by Frank Witkowski
boyce motometers
Does anyone have insight into problems with a motometer? If the vial is filled to the top with red, is it possible to get it to the bottom where it belongs? If no red appears where did it go? what is the material that seals the bottom, it crumbles like graphite?...
Views: 1007   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 16, 2004 4:22am
by steve mercier
Head casting number date
Can anyone help decode the casting number date for the head on the 1923 Star chasis I purchased? It is #W4A-602E. Thank-you, Bob
Views: 362   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 14, 2004 6:31pm
by Robert DeAngelis
Steward fuel vacuum pump
Again I am disturbing forum members asking for advise. My 1928 M2 Rugby has a vacuum pump equal to the one shown in 1929 Maintenance manual posted in the Club Tech Page, Chapter III, page 80 (Leverless type) Unfortunately flapper valve is missing and upper valves bl...
Views: 346   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 14, 2004 4:24am
by Ricardo H. Colom...
Golden Quill Award
Hello all fellow members and anyone else that reads this late breaking news flash. Yes we are now the proud recipient of our first Old Cars Weekly "Golden Quill Award. This is the top award for excellence in collector car magazine publication. Jeff Gillis (since dec...
Views: 487   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 13, 2004 12:29pm
by Jan Arnett
eBay item 7901732703
The seller states that this is a Durant dash. Has anyone ever seen one like this. I wrote to him asking about it and he said that it came from an old gentlemen who assured him that was what it was. I have my doubts, but would be interested if someone knows for wha...
Views: 388   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 9, 2004 6:14pm
by Dave Roberts
split rims
Hi y'all, Well, thanks much to Frank W. who turned me on to a master rim tool for sale on ebay. I was having a heck of a time trying to get a split rim back together after repairing the tube. Frank told me that "this tool makes it almost simple!" Well I guess I'm p...
Views: 325   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 8, 2004 4:55pm
by Gordon F. Curl
1928/29 M-4 Durant For Sale in CT...$3,500 US
The only serious inquiries I've had are from "Hot-Rodders" who want to chop the car; I can't do it! The car is a M-4 built in 1928 sold as a 1929. This is a 2 door coupe with a 4 cylinder Continental engine. A good to excellent car to restore. Body in great shape , p...
Views: 542   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 8, 2004 12:21pm
by bec
Help with 1923 Star engine
I am considering buying a 1923 Star chasis with running gear, engine etc. to make a speedster. The distributor, housing clamp for distributor and water pump are missing. I was told I can use a chevrolet 4cyl. distributor. Is this true? What do I do about the housi...
Views: 432   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 8, 2004 5:31am
by Robert DeAngelis
1928 Durant M2 restoraton project
Restoration has started, now over the radiator woes thanks to Mac Irvine and his excellent ideas. Have been on the phone all week ordering new tires getting chrome done, headlight reflectors, gaskets, sandblasting rims, new ignition parts, and a whole lot more. List...
Views: 482   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 5, 2004 6:48am
by Gregg Wellner
Wooden Top Bows
Can anyone lend any help in going about fabricating the wooden top bows for a '23 Star? Dad and I have the original bows but they are in pretty rough shape - not bad enough that they couldn't be used as very good templates, however. Dad is quite adept at wood working...
Views: 480   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 5, 2004 3:47am
by Ricardo H. Colom...
Hood River meet
Hello out there..., I'd like to hear from anyone who might be going to the Western Region meet in June. Is there anyone in the Seattle/Tacoma area that would like to tour down in their Durant? If not I will just have "soft it" and bring it on a trailor. Write to me...
Views: 359   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 4, 2004 9:56pm
by Lance Haynes
Modern type Wheel Seals
Does anyone know off-hand the numbers for front and real seals for 1928 Durant M2 from NAPA or current source? I thought I might have seen them posted at one time. Front felt originals are still good but I would like to replace. Rears are eaten away. Thanks, Gregg
Views: 359   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 4, 2004 7:37am
by Rick Botti
8 volt battery
Went to NAPA today to buy a battery, nearing start-up on my 1928 M2. The guy asked me if I wanted an 8-volt instead of 6-volt. He said it would work fine and make things brighter. I didn't buy it but wondering if anyone has any feedback or experience with this.
Views: 444   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 3, 2004 7:51pm
by Bob Porter
Name two automobiles that Durant Motors built which are not in the club
This is a quiz. There are two automobiles which were built by Durant Motors that are not in the club. One was built in the begining of the Durant Motors life and one was built at the end of Durant Motors life. Who can name them? Have fun. Jan
Views: 495   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 3, 2004 7:04pm
by jan arnett
1929 Rugby 1 ton truck wanted
Sirs; My Grandfather and Greatgrandfather both owner 1929 Rugby one ton trucks, they were the one's with the steel spoked wheels. My Greatgrandfather's was sold at auction in 1998 or so, without my knowledge in the Outlook, Saskatchewan Canada area, my Grandfathe...
Views: 400   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 3, 2004 12:54am
by Guy Derdall
Parts required
I will continue a suspended reconstruction project with my recently bought M2 1928 Rugby. As far as I could investigate mechanically is ok, but requires finishing. In addition to the labor required I will need some spares. Somebody can orient me about possible supply...
Views: 375   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 2, 2004 2:54pm
by Ricardo H.Colomb...
Durant Trunk For Sale
My Father has a metal trunk that is off a Durant automobile that is in restoreable condition. We are not sure of the year or model. I have looked at some of the photos on this site and I am convinced it is a Durant rear trunk. I am thinking of selling it on E-Bay unl...
Views: 410   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 29, 2004 10:10pm
by Robert Bush
Durant Motor
I have a Durant Motor that I want to get ready to sell. My Dad recently passed away & I really do not know too much about it. I have the engine numbers...is there a way to find information out about it from those numbers? I need to located what kind of carbeurato...
Views: 448   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 29, 2004 7:47am
by Georgette
May 1st Tour
If you think you may be interested in attending the May 1st tour, I've posted the information below. ==================================================== The Pacific Coast Chapter tour will be held on Saturday, May 1st. Bert & Sonia Babick will be our hosts and...
Views: 382   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 26, 2004 12:36pm
by Rick Botti
New Durant and Star ID plates
I'm having new ID plates made for the following cars: Star's from the following factories; Michigan New Jersey California Canada These are the later plates with the Star logo as used o...
Views: 546   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 26, 2004 7:51am
by Frank Witkowski
trip and tour
Getting pretty hectic round here. We are packing and getting ready to leave on the big trip on tuesday morning .I certainly appreciate all the replies and invitations I got to stop and see cars and parts -I hope I have enough room in my truck and trailer to haul home...
Views: 382   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 23, 2004 1:05pm
by Ken McCormick
turn signal controller
Turn Signals have been discussed on this forum and many other old car forums in the past but a new product is on the market which might be of interest to people. A person on the Model T forum mentioned it and it looks like a well made product. It doesn't solve your...
Views: 380   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 22, 2004 9:15am
by Jan Arnett
89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98

The Durant Motors Automobile Club