Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Seventh Annual Durant Meeting - NJ

Dear Members:

You should have received a copy of the registration form for the Seventh Annual Durant Motors Automobile Club Meeting in the issue of the Durant Partner that arrived at your home this week. And you should have gotten your copy before it even hit the newsstands.

Make your plans to travel to NJ now. If you are arriving by airplane, NOW is the time to book your flights. Round trip from San Diego to Newark is $216 per person. Yes, that is not a typo. I just booked five trips during the next few months and that is the fare that we paid. DO NOT put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do the fare could be a lot higher.

For those of you that have never been to NJ, the Jersey Shore is beautiful, and do not listen to those that have negative comments about NJ......most are urban legend stories. You will love the Jersey Shore.

Peg and I have planned some nice activities for the three days of the Annual Meeting, but we encourage each of you to come a few days early or stay a few days late and visit some of the other places of interest in the Garden State.

Anyone that has a special request for an activity, please let us know either by e-mail, telephone or the good old snail mail, and we will get you the information. I know that some of you are interested in antiques, and there are a few places that have a lot of things that will be of interest. If you are interested in lighthouses, or museums, or just dipping your toes in the Atlantic Ocean, we will get you the directions.

We are also planning on putting together a Dining Guide of the Jersey Shore so that you know the places that we like to eat.

We look forward to meeting those of you that we did not meet at last years DMAC Meeting, and we also look forward to seeing old Durant friends again this year.

Charlie and Peggy Spitz
Chairs, Seventh Annual Durant Motors Automobile Club Meeting

Re: Seventh Annual Durant Meeting - NJ

Just a reminder to all of you that are planning on attending the DMAC Meeting.

PLEASE, include a recipe for your favorite cookie, so that we can compile a Cookie Cookbook for each of you in attendance. More than one is ok if you have more than one favorite.

Thanks.

Charlie and Peggy Spitz

Yes Beth and I have been all booked up for over a month now and we even paid Charlie for our meals. So we are ready to go. Can't wait sounds like so so much fun. Never been to NJ before either. So come on folks. Don't be left out. Air fares are way down. A total steal now. See you all in the garden state of New Jersey in September. Go Durant Club go. Lance and Beth Haynes San Diego.

The Milton's have also made their reservations. Sure would like to hear from others that are planning to attend. Wouldn't miss this meet for anything

Yates

The registrations are coming in very very slowly......have not had any since Monday.

Also, those of you that have registered, if you did not indicate if you were bringing a Durant, Star or other Durant product, would you please indicate that on your form...those of you that have sent in your registration, please email me what car you are bringing. thanks

also, recipes recipes recipes

charlie spitz

Hi Charlie.........

The checks in the mail! Really is also with 2 cookie recipies.

Cathy and I are planning on getting there on Thursday, We will be bring one of our Star's, probably the '26 model M touring that is shown in the photo section. If I can get it out of the garage!

Also will be bring along some parts to sell and swap.

Also planning on bringing some of the interesting items from Ray Zenz's collection.

Can't wait to see everyone again and meet some new friends............

Frank & Cathy Witkowski...Hookstown, Pa

The Durant Motors Automobile Club