Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Interesting finds....

Over the last couple of weeks I seem to have stumbled over several interesting Durant finds....

First (and what may be of interest to other members here), I have found a 1933 Frontenac C600 in a field about 1/2 hour from my place. The car is rough but probably restorable. The engine and drivetrain appear to be intact. I didn't know any of these still existed, there are none listed in the durantcars registry. Also there are no pictures in the catalogs (so I took a couple...). The car was photographed by a member of our local car club and thats how I found out about it. I left a note at the door of the house (no one was home) but I haven't hear back.

Next,
I went to the national science and tech museum here in Ottawa, and to my surprise they have a 1929 D40 on display. Next to the car is even more interesting: they have a film of Durants being assembled in Leaside (Toronto) in 1924. The film lasts about 15 minutes and shows all major parts of the assembly. I have contacted the curator and am trying to get a copy for the club.

Speaking of museums...
One of our smaller rural museums, the Cumberland museum, have a 1929 Model 60 that they want to get up and running again so I was contacted by our local car club president for my input.

Finally,
A friend and fellow antique car enthusiast has found a 1932 618 for sale in this area. The owner has not fixed his asking price. The car is not running, and the car has been barn aged for about 30-40 years. My friend is looking for a 1930 614 (like his dad's) so he told me this car was of no interest to him.

And to think that a couple of years ago I had never heard of Durant...Hmmm

Stephan

Re: Interesting finds....

Wow, You've got some excellent finds there. I'm really interested in the film of Durants being assembled in Leaside. That may be the only such film in existents. I'd sure like to see a copy!

Rick

Re: Interesting finds....

If we could get this film on DVD, I'd sure like to purchase a copy!
Don

The Durant Motors Automobile Club