Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Lee
Rage Start Time
Well guys, it doesn't look like there will be 6 Countdown this weekend. Rage doesn't start until 12:35 o Saturday, how ridiculous. There were 2 Countdowns shown by 12:30 last weekend.
Views: 319   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 10, 2014 2:16pm
by Michael
A New Countdown Special
I thought you may like to know on Suzi Quatro's website. They mention that while Suzie Is on tour here In Oz. She will take part in a New Countdown special.
Views: 290   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 8, 2014 10:28pm
by Michael
Countdown:The Wonder Years Dvd/cd please.....want to buy.
Really want to get copies of the set or any part of particularly the DVDs if they show original countdown clips. Planning a Countdown themed party and want to have it playing on big screens. Also would just love to be able to have it to watch. Gret memories. Appreci...
Views: 253   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 6, 2014 9:54pm
by Kathy Miles
rage goes retro blurb on rage website
Below is rage's blurb for 'rage goes retro. Glad to see that the 90s are NOT mentioned BUT really, is there a need for an Elton John Special? ... Ah well... So long as it doesn't go for over an hour which ever weekend they plan to play it on... Why does it say 11:30...
Views: 343   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 4, 2014 7:02pm
by JASE
Chicago - Look Away
OK, a bit off the topic of Countdown this Saturday night, but does anyone have the video for Chicago's 'Look Away'? I've just discovered this song and can't find it on YouTube. It was a No.1 in the US in December '88 and I love it. Lee? I got a snippet of it from...
Views: 307   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 4, 2014 4:54pm
by Lee
Retro Month?
RAGE not exactly moving quickly on their playlists for this weekend. Their website has clearly been abandoned as the central point for the program, but they dont update Facebook or Twitter with the playlists either. RAGE must be run by 10yo's these days.
Views: 405   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 4, 2014 10:27am
by Guru Bob
Rage Retro Wk. 1 04/01/2014: Individual Timings
..and here we go! Countdown shows in bold type, Rock Arena in bold italic. 6 countdowns and 1 rock arena it seems! As usual, set your recorders a couple of minutes either side of the starting times you wanna record. These timings are also available on the Rage iPhone...
Views: 725   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jan 4, 2014 10:11am
by Guru Bob
Rage NYE playlist - within thread
They posted it on the facebook page. The comment preceding it is a little weird, I thought, given that NYE last year was not a Friday or Saturday, and they had the playlist up for that. Our 'vintage' website can't post playlists that aren't on Fridays or Saturd...
Views: 351   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 2, 2014 5:40pm
by ohnoitisnathan
Lee
Rage Party Mix on New Years Eve
Hi Guys I just happened to see in my Tv magazine a Rage Party Mix all through New years Eve, starting at about 12:20am and finishing at 6:00am? I can't fin anything about it on either the website or facebook, does anybody know what it is all about?
Views: 279   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 31, 2013 4:58pm
by ohnoitisnathan
Madonna Tour dates to be announced
In today's Sunday Telegraph they mention this week The Queen of Pop will announce the highly anticipated Sydney Concert dates for her MDNA world tour, due to arrive in Australia in January.
Views: 399   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 29, 2013 10:45pm
by Michael
Tina Arena on rage mystery...
I know I'm in good company here when I say that one of my favourite hobbies is adding to my collection of rare '70s & '80s music videos. As we all know, Tina Arena's early vids are very hard to find in perfect quality, which is why I was so stoked that rage took heed...
Views: 618   Replies: 20
Last Post: Dec 29, 2013 10:27pm
by Michael
Hey Guru Bob
I was just going through my old record collection and found a song I have not heard in many years. It was Terri Gibbs's Somebody's Knockin. I can not remember what number it reached on the charts. Cheers, Adam
Views: 255   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 27, 2013 12:54pm
by Guru Bob
New Mix of 1984 hit Sunglasses At Night
The New Mix of Sunglasses is titled Night Visions( Sunglasses)it is by The Paperchaser Featuring Corey Hart. Youtube have the music video on their website
Views: 234   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 18, 2013 8:31pm
by Michael
Kim Wilde hosting Rage
Fantastic to see that Kim will host Rage. Saw her and Nik Kershaw do a great show at Chelsea Heights last week. I had suggested to Rage that they get her on back in August (in a thread started by Christina hoping to see Martha Davis, who would also be great to...
Views: 1118   Replies: 36
Last Post: Dec 16, 2013 11:15am
by Michael
Kim Wilde on music Max
Kim is hosting tonight on Music Max Thursday 5th. Kim's woman of the 80's. It will screen on at 7.30 pm. Cheers, Adam W
Views: 327   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 15, 2013 10:21pm
by Lee
Old songs listed on Rage50 voting list again
As usual, some old songs have mistakenly appeared on this year's Rage 50 voting list http://www.abc.net.au/rage/50/rage50_artists2013.htm But this time, there's much fewer than usual (at least that I spotted). From my cursory look, I found: DELTA GOODREM No...
Views: 242   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 14, 2013 10:54am
by Michael
The Essential Wa Wa Nee CD
Hi, I was suprised to come across this CD the other day at JB's. Some of you probably all now about it already. It's shame that they never include a DVD clip compilation as well, like the 'Men At Work' one. Track list: 1.STIMULATION 2.I COULD MAKE YOU LOVE M...
Views: 553   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 30, 2013 2:50am
by Guru Bob
SPUNKY, SCREAM & SWEET MAGAZINES
I am selling a STACK of vintage Australian 70s mags including Spunky! Scream and Sweet. Putting them all onto disc and selling physical copies, will put more up bit by b=it on Ebay, so far tonight the 1st issue of Spunky from May 1976 is up! http://www.ebay.com.au...
Views: 327   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 26, 2013 12:11am
by Jason 'The Mode...
News about I've Never Been To Me singer Charlene
Charlene did an interview with Brisbane radio station 4kq. It mentions Charlene is recording again a new tribute cd dedicated to 60's singer Sam Cooke. to listen to Charlene's interview go to www.4kq.com.au
Views: 301   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 22, 2013 7:16pm
by adam w
Belinda Carlisle to programme Rage next.
Fantastic Kim Wilde is programming Rage. My next hope is that we see Belinda Carlisle program Rage as she has been touring here the past few years now, doesn't it make perfect sense to see not only her solo music clips but what about all the clips she made with The G...
Views: 289   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 18, 2013 11:18pm
by ohnoitisnathan
Rage Countdown Suggestions 2014.
It's getting to that time of year when it may pay to make suggestions towards Countdown episodes we would like to see on Rage Retro next January. The programmers at Rage have taken many of our ideas on board when we made requests in the past. Countdown will have s...
Views: 1841   Replies: 16
Last Post: Nov 18, 2013 6:58pm
by Jason 'The Mode...
COUNTDOWN SPECTACULAR & WONDER YEARS DVDS FOR SALE
HI ALL COUNTDOWN FANS I KNOW PEOPLE ARE OFTEN LOOKING FOR THESE HARD TO FIND RARE DVDS SO FOR SALE I HAVE THE COUNTDOWN SPECTACULAR LIVE 2 DVD SET WITH BOOKLET IN NEAR MINT CONDITION NOT A SINGLE MARK ON THE DISCS. COUNTDOWN THE WONDER YEARS 2 DVD SET...
Views: 302   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 17, 2013 12:24am
by Jewels
HAPPY 39TH BIRTHDAY COUNTDOWN!
I heard on the radio this morning that today is when Countdown aired on ABC TV 39 years ago, contrary to other sources that say 8/11/74. EIther way, a week of celebrations! It still looks fresh and exciting every January and many January's to come.
Views: 264   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 8, 2013 4:26pm
by Jason 'The Mode...
Rock Arena run sheets
The Countdown Memories website has all the official ABC run sheets for all the Countdown episodes, but does anyone have them for all the Rock Arena episodes? I'm planning to set up a "reverse lookup" for Countdown and Rock Arena episodes, i.e. you look up the name...
Views: 635   Replies: 17
Last Post: Nov 3, 2013 1:00pm
by Michael
Countdown magazines on ebay
Not sure if there are any Countdown paraphernalia collectors here but there are quite a few Countdown magazines 1983-87 listed on ebay at the moment - they finish at about 7pm tonight. At $3 each many don't have bids on them yet. There are some rarer issues amongs...
Views: 704   Replies: 15
Last Post: Oct 27, 2013 12:10am
by Adz
Rock Arena - Suzanne Dowling July - Dec 1986
July 19 1986 SUZANNE DOWLING PRESENTS ROCK ARENA SPECIAL ON THE 'POGUES IN IRELAND' WITH CU IV LEAD SINGER SHAYNE MACGOWAN AND PERFORMANCES OF 'DIRTY OLD TOWN','SALLY','WAXIES DANGLE' & 'WILD CATS OF KILKENNY'.VIDEO CLIPS ARE ALSO SHOWN OF JOE JACKSON SINGING 'RIGHT...
Views: 990   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 20, 2013 11:09am
by Shane Walker
Aria Chart - 9/6/1985
Hi all I have been talking to one of the staff at ARIA recently and was discussing the 'this week in aria chart history' feature on the aria website. She emailed me a copy of the Aria Chart - The Top 50 Singles and Albums from the week ending 9th June, 1985. If...
Views: 3355   Replies: 35
Last Post: Oct 17, 2013 9:47pm
by ohnoitisnathan
Daryl Braithwaite news
I thought you may like to know Daryl has signed a new recording contract with his old record label Sony music Cheers Adam w
Views: 261   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 10, 2013 12:13am
by Michael
Upcoming Rage Vault special
Sounds interesting. Asked what it's all about on the Rage messageboard but of course have been ignored. I presume it features rarities from the Rage archives. Just how rare remains to be seen...
Views: 884   Replies: 42
Last Post: Oct 6, 2013 3:41pm
by Jason 'The Mode...
Countdown T-Shirt
Hi, I have a Countdown T-Shirt - white with signatures printed all over it. I can't remember how I ordered it but I remember it arriving in the post, and I wore it a lot. Its still in very good condition. I don't really want it anymore thought I would see if its wor...
Views: 242   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 4, 2013 4:23pm
by Guru Bob
Lee
Vicki Sue Robinson - To Sir With Love
Howdy guys Does anybody have any sort of video recording for Vicki Sue Robinson - To Sir With Love? There is no official video for it, I am looking for anything even from a TV Show like Countdown or a European show? Thanks heaps guys
Views: 247   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 30, 2013 8:37am
by Lee
Happy Birthday olivia
Happy Birthday Olivia a true Icon of Oz Music. my fav Livvysong and album Twist Of Fate and Soul Kiss.
Views: 227   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 28, 2013 5:26pm
by Michael
Cher on Sunday night
Sunday Night will have an exclusive interview with Cher about her upcoming cd Closer to The Truth released later this month. Cher will be touring later this year. hopefully an OZ tour will happen.
Views: 268   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 23, 2013 3:39pm
by Nicholas
Rob
I am not afraid
I have a vague memory of an impossibly bad song, I believe by Mother Goose, called "I am not afraid", with the image of the keyboard player playing in mittens seared into my mind. Can anyone tell me whether this actually happened or whether it is just a really bad n...
Views: 262   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 19, 2013 12:08am
by Rob
Divinyls Tee shirts
Good grief man when will they start making Divinyls t-shirts ?...Chrissy has so many poses that would make awesome tees
Views: 272   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 17, 2013 1:26pm
by Michael
UK Smash Hits online archive
I discovered this a while back, and thought it might be of interest to some of you. Scans of full editions of UK Smash Hits, updated fortnightly with an edition from 30 years ago (though the uploader only has 1978-1985 editions). http://www.flickr.com/photos/5110...
Views: 260   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 16, 2013 10:54pm
by Jason 'The Mode...
New releases... or not
Amongst this week's new releases listed on the rage website's main page were: JOHN FOXX No-One Driving THE SHAMEN Ebeneezer Goode I raced to youtube to see if there was a new version of 'Ebeneezer Goode' out, but alas it was the '92 version. And the John Fox...
Views: 357   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 12, 2013 11:03pm
by JASE
New themed 80's show
I was inquiring if anyone else has saw the promo for the new Channel 9 show The amazing 80's.
Views: 335   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 12, 2013 9:58pm
by ohnoitisnathan
Donna Summer remix album
I saw JB Hifi has listed a new remix cd dedicated to Donna. It is titled Love To Love You Donna. The cd will be available 25th of next month. The first single to be released is a remix of love is in control{finger on the trigger} Long live Donna. Cheers, Adam W
Views: 274   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 5, 2013 9:03pm
by adam w
Linda Ronstadt has Parkinsons
Entertainment Tonight run the story mentioning Linda was disagnosed 8 months ago and due to the disease Linda can no longer sing. Cheers Adam W
Views: 231   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 29, 2013 1:24pm
by Michael
Cyndi Lauper on Today 26/08/13 - did anyone tape this?
Cyndi Lauper was on the Australian Today show this morning, apparently co-hosting. Did anyone happen to record this? I would love a copy if at all possible. I can pay or trade, whatever takes your fancy. Hope someone can help. Cheers, Phil
Views: 260   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 28, 2013 5:14pm
by Michael
Cher News
Cher has a new single titled Womans World from her forthcoming cd titled Closer To The Truth which will be released in the October. The new video is available on Youtube
Views: 286   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 26, 2013 11:29am
by Nicholas
Politicians program Rage
Someone sent me this, copied from the Rage Facebook page: In a rage first, sitting politicians will program the show in an Election Special airing August 31. The Deputy Prime Minister Anthony Albanese MP will play some of his favourite music videos as will othe...
Views: 353   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 24, 2013 9:49am
by John
Countdown appearances - alphabetical order
This is an ABC archive file of Countdown appearances of artists in alphabetical order. I am not sure whether it is complete as I haven't checked it all but there are some errors that I saw such as The Runners performance of Twins is recorded under "artist Twins song...
Views: 1613   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 19, 2013 1:50pm
by criston barker
ARIA chart turns thirty
The ARIA music chart celebrate its thirty years on July 10 and the first No.1 single was Total Eclipse Of The Heart by Bonnie Tyler and the first No.1 album was Thriller by Michael Jackson.
Views: 399   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 16, 2013 3:17pm
by Michael
Flashez
Can someone tell me which Flashez episodes Rage have shown? I'm pretty sure 4 of them have been aired but I can't find any info on the last one. I have the 8/11/77 & 2/2/77 shows. I missed out recording the 1/1/77 ep (the one with the 3 surfers) and I seem to...
Views: 399   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 16, 2013 1:56am
by Sue Butcher
retro week 1 blurb up now
Not a mention of Countdown in sight...I have a feeling Jason won't be pleased. Can't say I am either. Oh well. What better way to start off 2012 than digging out your old school attire, 60s flairs, tie-dye t-shirts, scrunchie socks, grungy flannelettes and t...
Views: 799   Replies: 43
Last Post: Aug 11, 2013 7:35pm
by darcy rosser
Eurogliders back :-)
I saw the FABULOUS Eurogliders last night and they were brilllliant!!!!!! I danced with grace on stage to No Action, I will NEVER forget it
Views: 247   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 10, 2013 9:56pm
by Guru Bob
1974 Countdowns still survive
I was speaking today to a fan of 60's/70's music (this guy is a genuine guru while I still have my training wheels on) and he has had some experience in dealing with various TV stations in the past in regards to music footage and knows collectors of various footage....
Views: 936   Replies: 19
Last Post: Aug 10, 2013 10:39am
by Luke
The Models' back again
Here's the latest news about The Models: www.noise11.com/news/models-are-working-on-first-new-music-since-1986-2013080
Views: 261   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 8, 2013 4:37pm
by Nicholas
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Free Forum powered by Bravenet