Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rage Retro Wk. 1 04/01/2014: Individual Timings

..and here we go! Countdown shows in bold type, Rock Arena in bold italic. 6 countdowns and 1 rock arena it seems! As usual, set your recorders a couple of minutes either side of the starting times you wanna record. These timings are also available on the Rage iPhone app but for those of you without access, I'll be continuing to put the list up here and save you the mucking around :) Would I be right in saying the April 20th 1980 Countdown is a repeat though?

11.05pm: Countdown - July 14th 1985
12.02am: Countdown - July 3rd 1983
12.57am: God tonight - Real Life
1.01am: Send me an angel - Real Life
1.04am: The tide is high - Blondie
1.08am: Rock Arena - October 23rd 1984
2.04am: Countdown - April 20th 1980
2.58am: Countdown - August 5th 1984
3.54am: Universal - OMD
3.57am: Enola gay - OMD
4.01am: If you leave - OMD
4.05am: Countdown - August 26th 1984
5.00am: Countdown - May 17th 1981
5.54am: Products of your mind - Jimmy and The Boys (live)
5.57am: They won't let my girlfriend talk to me - Jimmy and The Boys
6.00am: Shooting star - Dollar
6.04am: You're moving out today - Carole Bayer Sager
6.07am: Halfway hotel - Voyager
6.11am: Woman in love - Barbra Streisand
6.15am: Cool out tonight - David Essex
6.18am: Let's stay together - Tina Turner
6.21am: Never knew love like this before - Stephanie Mills
6.25am: Late in the evening - Paul Simon
6.30am: Rage ends

Re: Rage Retro Wk. 1 04/01/2014: Individual Timings

Thanks. Where did you get this from? It's not on the website (or facebook) yet.

Normally I would be at the repeated clips they're playing (some were aired just a few months ago), but I guess now that they'll be without the hideous watermark on 4:3 recording, I'm for it.

There's absolutely no need for them to re-air 'The Tide Is High' though. That's quite a common video that pops up on rage every so often.

Do you have a playlist for the Saturday morning 10:30-11:30 slot?

These are all up on the Rage iPhone app :) I can certainly post the saturday morning list

Frankster30
These are all up on the Rage iPhone app :) I can certainly post the saturday morning list

Oh I see now you specified that in the first post. I just skipped straight down to the playlist.

I see the last half hour or so is just a bunch of clips from the vault special

Hopefully Jason (or someone else in the know) will post the contents of those Countdown eps before they air.

I had a look at the archives section of this webpage for the details..

http://baseportal.com/cgi-bin/baseportal.pl?htx=/webgirl/main&cmd=list&range=24,8&Year~=1985&cmd=all&Id=172

http://baseportal.com/cgi-bin/baseportal.pl?htx=/webgirl/main&cmd=list&range=32,8&Year~=1983&cmd=all&Id=289

http://baseportal.com/cgi-bin/baseportal.pl?htx=/webgirl/main&cmd=list&range=16,8&Year~=1980&cmd=all&Id=325

http://baseportal.com/cgi-bin/baseportal.pl?htx=/webgirl/main&cmd=list&range=16,8&Year~=1984&cmd=all&Id=201

http://baseportal.com/cgi-bin/baseportal.pl?htx=/webgirl/main&cmd=list&range=32,8&Year~=1984&cmd=all&Id=232

http://baseportal.com/cgi-bin/baseportal.pl?htx=/webgirl/main&cmd=list&range=0,8&Year~=1981&cmd=all&Id=160

All good Nathan :)

Rage website finally coming to life - tonight's and saturday morning's playlists are now up. Here's the link to the saturday morning:

http://www.abc.net.au/rage/archive/s3920308.htm

Thanks for that Frank.

I just installed the rage app on my ipad. Here's the specific times of Sat morning clips if interested:

10:30 USA FOR AFRICA We Are the World
10:37 THE SPORTS Who Listens To the Radio
10:40 THE SPORTS Strangers On a Train
10:43 PSEUDO ECHO Listening
10:46 PSEUDO ECHO Fooled Again
10:50 PSEUDO ECHO A Beat For You
10:53 PSEUDO ECHO Funky Town
10:58 JENNY MORRIS She Has To Be Loved (live on Countdown Revolution)
11:03 JENNY MORRIS Body and Soul
11:06 JENNY MORRIS Break In the Weather
11:10 EDITH BLISS Anything Goes
11:13 THE CARS Let's Go
11:16 THE OUTFIELD Voices of Babylon
11:20 DAVID BOWIE Cat People
11:24 DAVID BOWIE Jean Genie
11:28 DAVID BOWIE Space Oddity

Other retro clips on Saturday morning (at least that I spotted):

8:49 MONDO ROCK Cool World
9:18 TECHNOTRONIC Pump Up the Jam

A bit disappointing to see all of the repeats (3 out of 4 of those Pseudo Echo clips have aired at least twice during retro month in the last 5 years), but will be nice to get a couple of the repeats that aired during the 2010-13 watermark era without watermark.

As far as I'm concern, this is a bloody awesome start to the retro month. Maybe some of the countdowns or videos may of been on before, but not in the time I've had my digital hard drive recorder, so it will be good to get these direct in nice clean digital quality.

Six countdowns, heaps of videos I don't yet have, I'm a very happy happy lad. :)

6 eps of Countdown is a great start, but really disappointed with the clips content for Saturday morning and after the Countdowns/Rock Arena. As has already been stated, they're all just repeats from the incredible Vault special. I had hoped that in preparing the Vault special (and with so many requests they received for it) they would have had a stack more rare clips ready to go for Retro Month that haven't been shown for decades. I hope over the course of the coming weeks we'll get to see at least some more rare clips of the kind that were in the Vault special.

What a fantastic line-up.

6 80's Countdowns and none have been shown on Rage before.

Love it.

I think Week 1 is our week. I'm expecting other audiences will be happier in the weeks to come.

But most of them are floating around as time coded episodes. I believe there is only one or two that i don't have. However i am so thankful to the ABC, 6 shows is simply an outstanding effort.

It seems rage are selecting music videos for Saturday morning from the list of artists who appear in the Countdown episodes on Sunday night. I must say, I don't like when they have themed playlists during retro month; I much prefer random retro videos, as usually, these are more diverse/unexpected than re-playing the same limited amount of videos they have from particular artists (see the re-re-rehashing of the Pseudo Echo clips).

I am only aware of 2 episodes being shown this week which exist as time-coded.

1980 with KC and 1983 with Real Life.

The time-coded ones I have seen are predominantly only up to 1983 but the May 17 1981 episode with Ignatius is not one of them.

Either way, as long as they are not repeat episodes that Rage have previously shown it is good news.