Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rock Arena run sheets

The Countdown Memories website has all the official ABC run sheets for all the Countdown episodes, but does anyone have them for all the Rock Arena episodes?

I'm planning to set up a "reverse lookup" for Countdown and Rock Arena episodes, i.e. you look up the name of a band, and it will tell you what songs/videos were played on Countdown or Rock Arena and when.

But to do that I need the Rock Arena run sheets. Any help appreciated. You can email me at bj at bc dot id dot au. Thanks!

Re: Rock Arena run sheets

You might have some luck contacting the ABC as they did sell the Countdown ones to Jason for this site and Troy got the ones for the early deleted Countdowns so I would suspect that the source would be the best bet.

I got a fair few random ones off TARA but there is only about one quarter of episodes archived there.

I'm hoping that the Sharon O'Neill episode gets aired next Retro.

Indeed,

I did buy them from the ABC!!!

^ Out of curiosity, what did they charge?

If only they'd 'sell' us a copy of the Rage catalogue.

I paid $165.00!

^ Whilst not 'cheap', not as much as I was expecting actually...

I wonder if they'd sell a copy of the Rage red book?

Clip Magnet
The Countdown Memories website has all the official ABC run sheets for all the Countdown episodes, but does anyone have them for all the Rock Arena episodes?

I'm planning to set up a "reverse lookup" for Countdown and Rock Arena episodes, i.e. you look up the name of a band, and it will tell you what songs/videos were played on Countdown or Rock Arena and when.

But to do that I need the Rock Arena run sheets. Any help appreciated. You can email me at bj at bc dot id dot au. Thanks!

I finally got around to contacting the ABC in regards to Rock Arena episode guide listings.

Unfortunately they have a clause when you get them that you can only use the information for personal research use and it can not be distributed. I have no idea why they would treat purely information only in this manner (unless they see it as a sell-able asset although I am not aware of anyone else having ever purchased them) but I agreed to that in order to obtain it.

Therefore while I have all the runsheets for Rock Arena now (there are only about 160 surviving episodes out of around 400 produced) I can't post the information here. The good news is that it only costs $170 to get them so if anyone is interested I would suggest that they contact the ABC.

Guru Bob
Clip Magnet

I finally got around to contacting the ABC in regards to Rock Arena episode guide listings.

Unfortunately they have a clause when you get them that you can only use the information for personal research use and it can not be distributed. I have no idea why they would treat purely information only in this manner (unless they see it as a sell-able asset although I am not aware of anyone else having ever purchased them) but I agreed to that in order to obtain it.

Therefore while I have all the runsheets for Rock Arena now (there are only about 160 surviving episodes out of around 400 produced) I can't post the information here. The good news is that it only costs $170 to get them so if anyone is interested I would suggest that they contact the ABC.

Why is it that I was allowed and still allowed to put all my Countdown archived run sheets info up on my site but Rock Arena has to stay hush hush??? Odd... And I am SOOOOOO upset to hear that 240 Episodes of Rock Arena are no longer surviving!!! :-( I paid about $130.oofo the Countdown archive info and you paid $170.00 for Rock Arena? Go figure...

Well, there goes the idea of anyone creating a Rock Arena website. I was thinking of doing this, if I could obtain the info of the episodes. Pointless if you can't share the information. Jason, this website will be PRICELESS in years to come. IMO it is now!

Unless others are willing to part with $170, Guru, it looks like you'll be requesting the Rock Arena episodes for retro January in the coming years.

I see on the rage playlist this Saturday night, they are showing J.J. Cale live from 1982, taken from Rock Arena. Screening from 5.00am - 5.22am. Even though J.J. Cale doesn't excite me, it is great to get some of a Rock Arena episode from 1982. Is this the first time they have shown RA content from '82?

Guru, do you have info on this episode?

Sorry, I'm assuming it's live, even though it doesn't say so.

Michael
I see on the rage playlist this Saturday night, they are showing J.J. Cale live from 1982, taken from Rock Arena. Screening from 5.00am - 5.22am. Even though J.J. Cale doesn't excite me, it is great to get some of a Rock Arena episode from 1982. Is this the first time they have shown RA content from '82?

Guru, do you have info on this episode?

Michael
Rage Retro have only shown one 1982 Rock Arena episode, being episode 1 Feb 23 1982 which featured a 1979 Kinks concert.

The item they will be showing is probably from the following episode:

ID: 581188 - ROCK ARENA - PROGRAM
recording date: 07-Nov-1982
duration: 79.24
summary: ABC MUSIC PROGRAM, ROCK ARENA INC RY COODER, JJ CALE AND DIRE STRAITS
personalities: ANDREW PETERS,ABC PRESENTER;RY COODER,SINGER;JJ CALE,SINGER;DIRE STRAITS,MUSIC GROUP
shotlist: 00.00.18 RY COODER FILM CLIP, LITTLE SISTER;00.03.53 RTC;00.06.18 RY COODER LIVE, CRAZY BOUT AN AUTOMOBILE;RY COODER LIVE, WHY DON'T YOU TRY ME;RY COODER LIVE, 634-5789;RY COODER LIVE, DOWN IN HOLLYWOOD;00.25.37 RTC;00.28.19 FF#1 JJ CALE AND COMPANY 1981 DOCUMENTARY RE JJ CALE ON TOUR IN USA AND CANADA INC CAJUN MOON LIVE;JJ CALE ON STREETS;JJ CALE LIVE, CRAZY MAMA;JJ CALE LIVE, COCAINE;VOX POPS WITH JJ CALE BAND;JJ CALE LIVE, I GOT THE SAME OL' BLUES;JJ CALE LIVE, DEVIL IN DISGUISE;00.50.47 RTC;00.53.26 DIRE STRAITS FILM CLIP, WILD WEST END;DIRE STRAITS FILM CLIP, SULTANS OF SWING;DIRE STRAITS FILM CLIP, ONCE UPON A TIME;DIRE STRAITS FILM CLIP, TUNNEL OF LOVE;01.12.57 RTC;01.13.40 DIRE STRAITS FILM CLIP, PRIVATE INVESTIGATIONS

It was the footage from that 1982 Rock Arena that Rage showed last night. Nice of them to forget to put the watermark on for all but the last 3 minutes.

NICE! I forgot to record it. So they showed all the bits and pieces? NICE!

Michael
NICE! I forgot to record it. So they showed all the bits and pieces? NICE!

It was an independent documentary which was shown on Rock Arena. The doco itself just showed various clips as mentioned in the runsheet.

Guru, I see rage are playing another Rock Arena this Saturday night - 'A Night With Lou Reed'. Do you know when this episode was originally shown?

Rock Arena December 7 1985
SUZANNE DOWLING PRESENTS SPECIAL ROCK ARENA 'A NIGHT WITH LOU REED',BASED ON A CONCERT RECORDED LIVE AT THE BOTTOM LINE IN NEW YORK CITY. REED SINGS 'SWEET JANE','I'M WAITING FOR THE MAN','MARTIAL LAW','DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT WORK','WOMEN','WAVES OF FEAR','WILD SIDE','TURN OUT THE LIGHTS','NEW AGE','KILL YOUR SONS','SATELLITE OF LOVE','WHITE LIGHT WHITE HEAT' & 'ROCK N ROLL'

Thanks. I should have recorded it just to see Suzanne Dowling.