Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tina Arena on rage mystery...

I know I'm in good company here when I say that one of my favourite hobbies is adding to my collection of rare '70s & '80s music videos. As we all know, Tina Arena's early vids are very hard to find in perfect quality, which is why I was so stoked that rage took heed of my suggestion of Turn Up The Beat for the Mardi Gras special...amazing.

A perfect quality copy of I Need Your Body has long eluded me...but then I just saw this on youtube:

http://youtu.be/Q2DOE48mWso

WTF ????

When was this shown on rage ? It was obviously in the last couple of years because the watermark is there. I watch the rage playlists like a hawk and would have shrieked if I'd seen this listed...but somehow I completely missed this ? Anyone have any idea when this was shown ? Am I going completely mad ? I'm gobsmacked by this...and not happy I can't believe I missed this

Re: Tina Arena on rage mystery...

It was shown on last year's Mardi Gras episode March 5 2011

5:00am
U.S.U.R.A. Open Your Mind '97 (Central Station)
THE SHAMEN Love, Sex, Intelligence (Mushroom)
CAPELLA Heylom Halib (Independent)
SOFT CELL Bedsitter (Polydor)
DEAD OR ALIVE In Too Deep (CBS)
PET SHOP BOYS Paninaro '95 (EMI)
HOLLY VALANCE Kiss Kiss (Universal)
TINA ARENA I Need Your Body (EMI)
MELISSA TKAUTZ Glamorous Life (Big/Rajon)
5:30am
AMBER Sexual (Li Da Di) (Mushroom)

Also well done on getting on getting Turn Up The Beat shown. I didn't think Rage would track down a copy of that.

OMFG...I'm sure I recorded the Mardi Gras special last year but I have no memory of this clip being on it, and I had been looking for it for ages. I've either got it here somewhere, or I didn't record it at all. I swear I'm experiencing the first stages of altzheimers. Arrrrgh ! Did anyone record this ?

Thanks for the reply Guru

Come to think of it...roughly a year ago my DVD recorder died, with a hard drive full of stuff including heaps of rage. I'm guessing that's where last year's rage Mardi Gras special went...sigh

In what way did your DVD recorder die? The most usual problem is that the laser dies and therefore you can't burn to a disc using that machine but you can still hook up to another recorder (or possibly even your computer, I'm not very technological with these things) and transfer copies off that way to salvage what you had on the HD.

I've still got the entire episode, I record Rage every week, so I will have that clip if you find that you don't have it although my problem is that my DVD just records in whatever aspect is shown so older clips will have black bars down the sides.

...and next we NEED them to play both The Machine's Breaking Down and Strong As Steel! :)

Absolutely!

I've still got it on my hard drive right now, with a heap of other 80s and 90s vids I still have to burn to DVD. I can rip it in uncompressed mped2 and upload to putlocker, anyone?

For anyone interested, here is a nice clean 4/3 uncompressed copy of Tina Arena's "I need your body", direct from my hard drive recorder. I recorded this from Rage about November last year. Enjoy!

http://www.putlocker.com/file/A406C62BE8EF24A9

So, just wondering if anyone got the video clip. I see there is two downloads. I'm mainly curious, because I've uploaded the file twice, and the putlocker file manager shows 13.94 megs, yet the actual file size is 172 megs. My FTP client has uploaded it successfully, but it still shows 13.94 megs for both uploads, just wondering if anyone was able to download it?

Mark from 2PR FM
So, just wondering if anyone got the video clip. I see there is two downloads. I'm mainly curious, because I've uploaded the file twice, and the putlocker file manager shows 13.94 megs, yet the actual file size is 172 megs. My FTP client has uploaded it successfully, but it still shows 13.94 megs for both uploads, just wondering if anyone was able to download it?

Hi Mark

I tried to grab it, but it says that I have to have an account to be able to download it, is that something different? But yes it does say 13mbs definitely not 172mbs?

I'm quite sure you can use free user, but if you have to sign up, it is free, because my account was also free. As I understand it, free users keep their files for 30 days in which they are deleted, a paid account let's your files stay up there permanently.

Rapidshare doesn't work for me as their stupid upload applet keeps getting jammed in my browser, and mediafire is just to effing slow. I only use putlocker, because they are the only file-lockers on the net who actually allow FTP upload; this is heaven when you're trying to upload a number of files at once, plus FTP is much more reliable then HTTP.

Mark from 2PR FM
I'm quite sure you can use free user, but if you have to sign up, it is free, because my account was also free. As I understand it, free users keep their files for 30 days in which they are deleted, a paid account let's your files stay up there permanently.

Rapidshare doesn't work for me as their stupid upload applet keeps getting jammed in my browser, and mediafire is just to effing slow. I only use putlocker, because they are the only file-lockers on the net who actually allow FTP upload; this is heaven when you're trying to upload a number of files at once, plus FTP is much more reliable then HTTP.

Howdy Mark

Ok mate, i signed up as a free user, but it will only let me download the full 172mb if I am a pro user, and the cheapest is $5.99 per month. You can download a version that is an flv file which is only 13mb but it is the full video. (FLV file is like youtube video). I did download the flv file, the quality is a full size video of 720x576 but the picture quality is a bit blurry in some places of the video. But it does go for the full 3mins 51secs.

As a shameless fan of YTT, it was so great seeing Tinas first clip ''Turn up the beat'' on Rage.

I found an episode of YTT on one of my Beta tapes from around 1987. It had Kylie Minogue on as a guest "performing her hit single Locomotion".

sell it on ebay!

Tina could be hosting Rage in the new year sometime.

Amazing what a stint on DWTS can do for your career. BTW - did she win it? I have no idea who won?

You know what's a mystery? Why has rage abandoned its website and where are the playlists for Friday night and esp. Saturday morning????

One of the rage staffers posted this jaw dropping excuse on the Facebook page last night:

rage
Because the only person who knows how to do it is on holidays til Monday. Yes, it's that difficult.
3 hours ago · Like · 1

(where 'do it' = upload the playlist to the website)

Lame! What happened to succession planning?