Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Countdown magazines on ebay

Not sure if there are any Countdown paraphernalia collectors here but there are quite a few Countdown magazines 1983-87 listed on ebay at the moment - they finish at about 7pm tonight. At $3 each many don't have bids on them yet.

There are some rarer issues amongst them including the 1979 Annual and issue 1 with Duran Duran on the cover.

Here's a link: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DOC-NEESON-BOY-GEORGE-DURAN-DURAN-COUNTDOWN-MAGAZINE-1983-AS-NEW-/181067905668?pt=AU_Magazines&hash=item2a287cfa84

They are all from the same seller.

Re: Countdown magazines on ebay

YEP!

I just won 4 of them I was bidding on and NOT cheap either!

I won the 1983 Duran cover and 1983 Tim Finn cover as I didn't have them 2!

I also won the Pseudo Echo one as mine didn't have the HUGE Pseudo and Nick Heyward Poster and I won the Billy Idol 1984 Edition as mine was missing a page of 10 Years Of Countdown!

All up with shipping it comes to $170.00! OUCH!!!

Wow..didn't think they'd go that high. About $40 per mag.

There's a few that finish next week that I might bid on.

I spent $53.50 on the Tim Finn 1983 Edition!!!

AND

$48.77 on the 1984 Pseudo Echo Edition!!!

Jason 'The Moderator'
YEP!

I just won 4 of them I was bidding on and NOT cheap either!

I won the 1983 Duran cover and 1983 Tim Finn cover as I didn't have them 2!

I also won the Pseudo Echo one as mine didn't have the HUGE Pseudo and Nick Heyward Poster and I won the Billy Idol 1984 Edition as mine was missing a page of 10 Years Of Countdown!

All up with shipping it comes to $170.00! OUCH!!!

Lucky you didn't want the Madonna issue, that sold for $107 by itself.

Gary
Wow..didn't think they'd go that high. About $40 per mag.

There's a few that finish next week that I might bid on.

Those 1985-87 issues usually don't sell for as much as the earlier ones. I would think that many will sell for less than $10 and maybe only 1 or 2 will go for more than $20.

I am not sure if anyone on here buys on ebay regularly but there is a great little program called AuctionSniper (http://www.auctionsniper.com/) that I use to avoid the pitfalls of the ebay auction process, such as bidding wars or needing to remember (and be logged on) when items finish.

AuctionSniper places a bid for you automatically with only seconds to go - I choose 10 sec before an item ends as it doesn't allow anyone to react to my bid. It is relatively cheap as it only costs 25c for winning bids up to $25 or 1% for amounts above that, ie a winning bid of $67 would cost 67c. It only costs the amount of the winning bid not the amount of the full snipe, unless they happen to be the same. There is no cost for a losing snipe which will of course occur if someone bids higher than the top value of your snipe. If a snipe is placed for $200 and the item is won for $35 then it only costs 35c, and the cost is in US$ so it is slightly less again due to the value of the AUD$ at the moment.

I have bought over 7000 items on ebay over the last 14 years which have cost well over $200K but by having used AuctionSniper I have saved $1000's in the process. I can highly recommend it.

I did a bid recently on a Countdown Magazine from 1983 featuring Jimmy Barnes on the cover. I think it was from the same seller and sold for about $45. I can imagine the Cold Chisel freaks wanting this issue as it was around the time of the bands breakup....

I still think Smash Hits is a better read! . Been bidding and winning on issues from 1987-1989

I DID want the Madonna issue Guru.

I have the whole magazine inside but not the cover and it's SUCH a BRILLIANT issue!

Next time it's on I will have to spend the cash!

Michael

I still think Smash Hits is a better read! . Been bidding and winning on issues from 1987-1989

Smash hits is a great magazine,but for me it's only the UK version and my preferred era is 1979- mid 80's. Had a stack of them at one time but lost them in a move

Gary
Michael

Smash hits is a great magazine,but for me it's only the UK version and my preferred era is 1979- mid 80's. Had a stack of them at one time but lost them in a move

Gary, I saw about a month ago, someone domestically was selling UK Smash Hits mags from 1979 to 1982. Not sure if they're still up there for sale?

None at the moment. UK SHs on Oz ebay are quite rare.

It would be good if the seller of the Countdown magazines actually listed the month as well, and not just the year! Some editions you can see the month on the cover, some you can't.

I got my 4 Countdown mag's today. They are complete HEAVEN with NO pages missing and in MINT Condition. I am in HEAVEN! They have been put in their plastic covers away with all my other Countdown Magazines.

I will add them tot he COUNTDOWN MAGAZINES section down the line ...

Yes, mine are in plastic covers too and tucked away.

There's more Countdown magazines on ebay at the moment, 1984-87 era

Hi all!
A question to those guys wining any copy of mag. "COUNTDOWN Magazin" from 1983 or 1986: Is there anything inside about the late Austrian recording artist FALCO? At least from 1986, where he was Top-10. Could somebody name the number/issue of this monthly magazines having FALCO inside?
Thanx for all your efforts
FALCOloge

I have just listed some Countdown magazines from 1987/88 on ebay if anyone is interested. Thanks.