Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Flashez

Can someone tell me which Flashez episodes Rage have shown?

I'm pretty sure 4 of them have been aired but I can't find any info on the last one.

I have the 8/11/77 & 2/2/77 shows. I missed out recording the 1/1/77 ep (the one with the 3 surfers) and I seem to think another was shown as well - which I don't have either.

Anyone know which one it is?

Re: Flashez

Hi Patrick,

I've got 2/12/77, 22/8/77, 8/11/77 and 1/1/77. Unless I too missed one I don't remember one from 2/2/77..

Sorry Frankster - that was a typo! I meant to say I had the 8/11/77 and 2/12/77 episodes.

Ok I must get a copy of the 22/8/77 and 1/1/77 shows then.

So that leaves the 2/8/76 and 23/5/77 shows to be aired - must make a note for next year so Rage can show at least some 70's material for fans.

Thanks for the information Frankster much appreciated.

Would be nice to see the remaining complete episodes as well as at least a dozen of the hundreds of segments next year.

Rage should certainly play those remaining episodes and those segments. The ones they've aired have been very entertaining and a fantastic snapshot of that era. I reckon I would have been a huge fan had I been old enough then - certainly much better than most shows these days that's for sure!

I'd never even heard of Flashez until Rage played them a few years ago. Needless to say I became an instant fan.
And that's what appeals to me,the segments in particular capture the essence of 70's Australia-just as Countdown did for both the 70's and the 80's. I'm just glad that they weren't wiped along with the actual shows.

HERE! HERE!

The library at the Australian Film & TV School had an episode of Flashez in its collection. I saw it in 1986. I'm pretty sure it was an off-air recording on U-Matic tape. Have they been checked for missing episodes?