Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Gary Kauffman
I just caught this on Unc Gary on Facebook Rugby, Star, Durant Motor Vehicles Jp Banyacski 8h · Can the moderator of this club call me? I have a ton of parts and cars. Jp Banyacski Author Patrik Johansson my father in law started the Durant club. He ju...
Views: 28   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 10, 2024 7:51am
by Norman Toone
Star M Rats Nest!
I bought this '27 Star M from a yokel up in Maine. He said it was running and they have been driving it in Parades and such. #1, it would not start to drive off the delivery trailer. I decided to do a comprehensive survey to see what I got myself into. Starting at...
Views: 32   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 7, 2024 3:06pm
by Don Shilling
Upcoming DMAC elections!
It's that time again for the DMAC elections! If you have an interest in becoming more active in our club and not sit on the sidelines, or you think you can make a change or would like to make a change email me and let me know. Our current Officers of the DMAC have do...
Views: 20   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 5, 2024 7:33am
by Mike Linthicum
Leaside Star production 1924
Thought you might get a kick on this youtube I can now pass on from Canadian Automotive Museum in Oshawa .... Norm, Thank you so much for your help, and for the wealth of information! The video is live- please feel free to share it around wherever you'd like!...
Views: 24   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 3, 2024 12:23pm
by Norman Toone
Members Only-latest Partners
Current members can access the 4 most recent "Partners" by using the 'members only' icon on the home page. If you need the password, it can be found on page three of the Partner. Or contact me flintauto@gmail.com
Views: 16   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 13, 2024 9:09am
by Bob Smith
r
Rick
For Sale 12 Spoke Wheel
1920's Durant Wood 12 Spoke Wheel This original wheel is in mint condition. It's possible it was never used on a car. This came from our great grandfather's home in Montclair California which was near the Oakland Durant Factory. This wheel has been hanging from th...
Views: 52   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 20, 2024 3:43pm
by Rick
Passing of Shirley Shilling
It is with great sadness to announce the passing of Don Shilling's wife Shirley yesterday. Please have Don in your thoughts and prayers over this very sad and trying time for him. Their marriage was a long one and although she did not make many Durant meets due to he...
Views: 49   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 19, 2024 6:07am
by Mike Linthicum
Babbit Bearing source
I ran across a source to consider if needing bearings rebabbitted. Paul's Rod and Bearing, 6212 NW Bell Road, Parkville, MO. 816-587-4747. I have not done business with this company and am merely sharing this info for anyone who might be looking for a source for a...
Views: 27   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 6, 2024 1:27pm
by Robert Bush
l
Lewis
Does anyone know what happend to John Baraldi’s cars, tools and parts
Many years ago, Ray Keto donated his tool for forming A-22 running board moldings. It was in John’,s possession when he passed. Im trying to locate the tool as i need it to replace a damaged section on my car. Hopefully, it went to someone who with one of his c...
Views: 61   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 11, 2024 7:43pm
by Lewis
Restoration Recommendations
Just happened to notice that several questions have been asked in the Restoration Recommendations area with no response. I know that I don't normally look in that area, so thought I would remind everyone to check out the questions and help if you can.
Views: 57   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 10, 2023 3:50pm
by Tom Schaffer
Bert Babick's passing
I first met Bert in Flint, MI at the 2000 Durant meet. Twenty-three years later we were again together at the 25th Durant meet in Folsom CA. We will all miss Bert, he was never shy and never voiced a cutting remark. R.I.P. Bert
Views: 76   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 1, 2023 2:47pm
by Bob Smith
The DMAC Folsom meet and....
I want to thank all that put the gathering together. Burt and Sonia Babick, Bob and Stephanie Smith, Roger and Pam VanBergen, Ryan and Adam and for sure Rick Botti. You all "made my day." I think it was just over 12 years ago that I came to our gathering in Traver...
Views: 83   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 20, 2023 8:33pm
by Gary Yelle
tillotson mv-1b
Hello, I have Problems to adjust the carburetor. Can someone help me with a manual for the mv-1b? I cleaned the carburettor, all channels/jets are clear. Needles are ok. The settings according to the rugby handbook (in spain) do not work. Best regards Bo...
Views: 62   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 8, 2023 10:26am
by Bogumil
Durant parts run
As Jim said, Lance still has a lot of Durant/Star parts. I plan to make a trip down to San Diego in a couple of weeks. Please let me know what you need. Rick
Views: 45   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 2, 2023 8:40am
by Rick Botti
silver anniversary tour
Thank all that participated in the Silver Anniversary tour. There was alot of memories that were had. We had a couple of first on a tour. We had the first brunch and our first silent auction. These changes are welcome so we can keep things interesting. I want to than...
Views: 43   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 30, 2023 3:49pm
by mike babick
Repro Durant engine manual
I found this at the Jensales website that sells gaskets for tractors. They have a reproduction engine manual in either printed or PDF download verson. Link is below. Durant C, CC, F, M, M-2, M-4 Automobile Service Manual Brand Category: Durant Product Cod...
Last Post: Sep 29, 2023 9:08am
by Rick Botti
ignition switch
Looking for a correct/working ignition switch and key.
Last Post: May 16, 2023 3:28pm
by Thomas Livesay
Dealers Manual
Now there's an interesting manual that doesn't come up on DMAC connection to eBay and Terry hasn't it in durantcars. How to sell Billy's vehicles. Original 1927 Star Automobile Durant Motors Inc. Dealer Franchise Manual 171 P 374727498772
Last Post: Jun 2, 2023 7:57am
by Norm Toone
Starter Bendix isssues
I started to get my 25 Star ready for the local 4th of July parade and the fan bracket broke and the Bendix fell apart. Thanks to the "junk" my girlfriend want me to throw away, I got them both repaired. I've replaced so many Bendix's that I'm not sure if the new...
Views: 92   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 3, 2023 1:39pm
by Vince O'Brien
wood wheel hubcaps
Will someone please buy the 1930-31 wood wheel hubcaps listed on ebay. They have been on there for some time. I looked for years(decades?) for hubcaps this nice, but I don't need them now. They are aluminum and easily dented, or just lost.$45.00 each doesn't seem too...
Views: 78   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 14, 2023 10:06am
by Ross Hoevet
Wire wheels
Hello everyone, I am looking for two nineteen inch wire wheels for 31 or 32 devaux,appreciate everyone looking,my email is serv auto 645@ hotmail.com,or phone me at 909 918 7171,, Thanks dave
Views: 67   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 22, 2023 1:28pm
by Dave enrico
Virtual Museum is temporarily down
Hello Durantonians Unfortunately due to technical issues the DMAC Virtual Museum is off line at this time. Rick and Adam moved the DMAC web site to another server recently and moved the virtual museum too. Web site links have to be reestablished and a hardware iss...
Views: 45   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 10, 2023 10:17am
by Mike Linthicum
Star Coupe Vinal Top Covering
I've just purchased a '27 Star M coupe. One of the things that will need addressed is the vinal top. I think it has been replaced sometime in the past and is a somewhat amateurish installation. Therefore, if anyone has a Star M or R coupe with an original top, would...
Views: 70   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 16, 2023 11:47am
by Don Shilling
1924 Flint Touring on Hemmings Auctions
There is a 1924 Flint E-55 touring for sale on Hemmings Auctions. Located in Winnemucca, Nevada. 13 days remaining on the auction.
Views: 81   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 6, 2023 10:26am
by Robert Bush
Holiday time
Hi Guys: I am going to be in Seattle for a few days. Do we have any members that I might be able to visit? Gord
Views: 41   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 4, 2023 7:51am
by Gordon F. Curl
Free Early Star Frame
Posted this from a non member looking to give away an early Star frame. Rick My folks who lived in central Washington have passed away and my siblings and I are dealing with their stuff. The property has been sold and we have a limited amount of time to remove...
Views: 44   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 2, 2023 6:01pm
by Rick Botti
bndix spring
Today I broke the Bendix spring on my 129 model 60. Does anyone have a spare they can Sbring to the Spring Fling Monday? Rick
Views: 43   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 23, 2023 6:15pm
by Rick Botti
Free Star motor
My father who lives In new Windsor ny is going to be moving and has a Star motor if anyone interested he is selling there house and does not want to send to scrap yard if interested let me know thanks Jeff
Views: 44   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 30, 2023 9:01am
by Jeff Quicksell
parking
The member who called my about parking my trailer for the spring fling I deleted the person before I got the number so if you call me or text me it would be helpful. Don Gaskill gaskill_d@msn.com or 801-927-0339
Views: 40   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 20, 2023 10:40am
by Don M Gaskill
Facebook links on new website
Hi The new website looks nice, but it would be great if links to relevant Facebook sites had been retained. Is it possible to put these in? Regards
Views: 56   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 6, 2023 2:05am
by Duncan Smeaton
An interesting Star and Durant story
The Goldendale, WA Sentinel weekly newspaper where I grew up has been published since 1879. It has a historical column entitled "Bringing Goldendale back to its roots" which reprints previous news stories relating to Goldendale's history. The February 1 edition start...
Views: 63   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 9, 2023 4:13pm
by Robert Bush
membership dues
You know, every year at dues time I am never sure which clubs I am up to date on. I ( I belong to seven different car clubs ) . Could we publish dues status elsewhere on the web site. I hate having to bug people every year to see if I have already paid my dues. Just...
Views: 65   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 24, 2023 10:10am
by Curtis Bartell
starters
I am looking for starter drive for a 1929 Durant M4 4cly with a Autolite MZ4012 starter? or part number
Views: 56   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 24, 2022 3:19pm
by Don M Gaskill
Crankshaft damper
Does anyone have a 22A crankshaft damper/pulley or can these be rebuilt? Fellow contacted me through the club(he's rebuilding the engine for someone else), and was having problems with what he's got. Seems like Frank Witkowski might have some info on this? Thanks
Views: 51   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 15, 2022 11:00pm
by Ross Hoevet
Doctor's Coupe
Hello.. I am considering a purchase of a 1923 Durant Doctor's Coupe. Great condition. Runs good. I just wanted to get a little information on the vehicle and what better place to ask. 1.) Does anyone know the history and the Doctor's Coupe and if it was originally ma...
Views: 64   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 26, 2022 8:01am
by Hamp Smith
Anyone from the UK?
Anyone in here from the UK ? Just dropped into a Rugby Model R and will be needing some parts!!!
Views: 75   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 10, 2022 11:47am
by Stuart Hart
New Durant Partner
Hi folk: I got my New Durant Partner in the mail yesterday. It was nicely enclosed in an envelope, so arrived in my mail box in good shape. I read most of it yesterday and the balance today. The articles were great, and I especially enjoyed the article by Tim Jorda...
Last Post: Sep 28, 2022 11:47am
by Gordon F. Curl
Tour updates
Yes its time for planning tours for next year. The following date have now been established. Spring Fling for 2023 are 04/24/23 to 04/28. The place is the Best Western Inn plus vineyard, Livermore calif. Cost $139 + breakfast. The National tour, in the greater Sacram...
Views: 86   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 11, 2022 8:03am
by michael babick
Hershey Car show October 4th through the 7th. 2022 DMAC C-44,C-45 & C46
The biggest car show in the world with over 9000 flea market spaces, big car corral with cars for sale, antique car races and other things going on will be held Tuesday October 4th through Friday October 7th. This year the time has changed since Hershey amusement par...
Views: 73   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 30, 2022 1:47pm
by Mike Linthicum
Contact points
I'm replacing the points in my 25 Star. The points came in two pieces wrapped around each other that connect to the coil stud. One is a copper strip. The other is a spring steel band. I guess it is to increase the pressure holding points closed. However, I can't figu...
Views: 1781   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 26, 2022 9:53pm
by Vincent Edward O...
Road Trip with a Goodie Run
I'm feeling a little bit better every day so I'm still planning on the Marshal meet in September, I just made the hotel reservations and purchased a '25 Star sedan project to pick up on the way! So, if the sun's shining and the river don't rise, I'll see ya'll shortly.
Views: 61   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 24, 2022 2:24pm
by Don Shilling
Durant-Dort Carriage Company
I found a website devoted tot the Durant-Dort Carriage Company. Rick http://durantdort.org/index.cfm
Views: 73   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 13, 2022 8:21pm
by Rick Botti
Help, pictures needed for 2023 calendar, Help
Stephanie is assembling a calendar for 2023. She needs pictures of our cars! It's your chance to get exposure for your favorite auto. The bigger/more pixels the better, think creative, add foreground (needed for cropping), a background with no modern cars (or peopl...
Views: 68   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 13, 2022 9:48am
by Bob Smith
1927 Durant M2 For Sale
I have a beautiful and very unique project that I unfortunately don’t have the time for. It is a 1927 Durant M2, and according to the Durant Automobile Club of America, it is 1 of only 10 known in existence to this day. It is a full restoration project includin...
Views: 105   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 28, 2022 8:24am
by Christian Becker
Durant Partner Spring 2022 Issue
I received the Spring issue of the Partner today. I am lucky to receive it since the Post Office has proven over the past year that it is not my friend. Thanks to Shawn, Bob Smith and the new printer for getting the new issue out to us.
Views: 71   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 25, 2022 4:26pm
by Robert Bush
Interesting tidbit about W.C. Durant
Henry Leland took over Henry Ford's first company and turned it in to Cadillac which was then acquired by W. C. Durant. Leland left General Motors in a dispute with Durant over producing materiel during World War I. Cadillac had been asked to build Liberty aircraft e...
Views: 97   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 18, 2022 2:30pm
by Vince O'Brien
Water pump installation
I had the water pump rebuilt for my 1928 Star. Wanted to know if there is a recommended length for the hose that connects the water pump to the generator/ distributor as well as the placement of the holes for the clamps on each end. I noticed that the water pump shaf...
Views: 96   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 11, 2022 8:48pm
by John Strieb
1929 LA Auto Show up in flames: Were Durant cars there???
On March 5, 1929 the 16th annual Los Angeles Auto Show went up in flames. The show was held under giant outdoor tents, and when a fire started it destroyed nearly 400 hundred cars as well as boats and airplanes. Many well know brands of cars and many less well known...
Views: 113   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 9, 2022 8:43am
by Robert Bush
Road Trip Goodie Run
Just got back from upper Missouri and scored a pair of Durant wire wheels, (application to be determined later. They are 5 lug with the killer snap ring), a NOS Star C left front fender, and a set of NOS side curtains for the C and F touring cars. These will be saved...
Views: 103   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 7, 2022 2:03pm
by Don Shilling
Tail light for 23/24/25 Durant Star.
Looking to buy a 1923/24/or 25 Tail light for my finished Car.
Views: 72   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 22, 2021 5:03am
by Robert Heath
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

The Durant Motors Automobile Club