Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The DMAC Folsom meet and....

I want to thank all that put the gathering together. Burt and Sonia Babick, Bob and Stephanie Smith, Roger and Pam VanBergen, Ryan and Adam and for sure Rick Botti. You all "made my day."

I think it was just over 12 years ago that I came to our gathering in Traverse City. My highlight then was meeting and riding in Howard Reinke's DeVaux.

Now I need to address a few things. For both of these items, I am requesting help from a SUPER IT Tech.

On the 25 Flint that Bill took (I tagged along) to U. of Oregon in May, the school staff and I are trying to figure out who owned the Flint. I like to say that Higby graduated with the class of 58. One man, Dennis Burke could have brought the car to campus. He lived in the Dalles, Oregon. He was BMOC in the 57/58 school year. Can someone get into the Oregon State records and find out if he graduated from high school in the Dalles. Also, would there be any DMV records left for the time frame after 1925 with the last name Burke owning a 1925 Flint.

My second search is kind of the same. I need to peak into the DMV records in Texas. I am trying to track who was listed as the owner of a 1932 DeVaux Custom sedan. There should be ID numbers on such a title, I can match it to a "hulk" that I am tracking. It would be in the time frame of 1975-1990. The names on the title could be Forest Sweet, Earl Scuggens or Pat McCormick.

Thanks for any help. Gary

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Just good memories

The Durant Motors Automobile Club