Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
HERSHEY, DURANT BASE CAMP
HERSHEY is coming soon. Our Durant Base Camp will be on the Red Field, behind the stadium. Look for spaces RSG 31, 32 or 33. We will have shelter and refreshment. Set up will be Tuesday, October 6th, starting around noon. We will have a camper, a trailer...
Views: 306   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 13, 2009 12:51pm
by Arthur Roberts
How is roof attached to rear of body
Hi All, Just wondering if anyone can tell us how the roof of our 1926 Rugby is supposed to be attached to the rear of the body. Some have suggested press studs. Not too sure about this though. Thanks Josie & Les Young
Views: 302   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 13, 2009 4:15am
by Les & Josie Youn...
We've Arrived in Texarkana
We’ve arrived in Texarkana. Ken McCormick and his wife drove for 6 days through 10 US states to get here. The Millers and Babicks left California last Thursday and arrived by train. I took the easy way and took a jet. Rick
Views: 313   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 8, 2009 6:27pm
by Rick Botti
614 Bumper
The rear bumper bracket for my Durant 614 is broken in two different areas. I've been told it can't be fixed. Does anyone know where I might locate a replacement, or have any ideas on a potential substitute? Thanks Shaun
Views: 368   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 3, 2009 11:16pm
by Shaun Murphy
Larry Rockey club member has passed away
Long time DMAC member and Durant lover Larry Rockey of Black Diamond Washington State has just passed away from cancer mostly from the agent orange from his years of service in the army in Vietnam. He had been fighting this cancel since 2005. He also belongs to Th...
Views: 303   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 3, 2009 11:05pm
by Lance Haynes
PIC'S OF ROOF WOOD
I AM PUTTING ON A NEW ROOF OF MY M4 SOMEONE STARTED IT AND THEY HAVE A LARGE BOW AND I CAN'T FIND OUT WHERE IT GOES DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY PICTURES? I HAVE ALL THE BOOKS LIKE BODY BY FISHER AND CLOSED BODY CARS FROM 25 TO 32
Views: 412   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 2, 2009 8:55pm
by DON GASKILL
DMAC election ballots
Hello everyone. Just a friendly reminder that the DMAC election ballots for club officers will be opened and counted next week at the annual meeting being held in Texarkana. I've recieved many ballots as members are showing great interest in their club. BUT... Ju...
Views: 296   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 1, 2009 6:03am
by Jim Greenamyer
How to read spark plugs
This is a very interesting article on how to read spark plugs once they have been in an engine. Jan http://www.4secondsflat.com/Spark_plug_reading.html
Views: 378   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 30, 2009 7:41am
by Jan Arnett
Driving to Texarkana
Only a few more days and we will be heading out . Should be an interesting drive . If anyone has anything they would like picked up and taken to the big meeting best let me know before wed. Thats take off time. I promise I am not trying to inherit a lot of durant par...
Views: 319   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 29, 2009 8:07pm
by Ken McCormick
Article in cars & Parts Oct.09
I just received our Oct. copy of Cars & Parts magazine. Subject: Antiques on the Bay, Car show June 20th. 2009 page 78. Held in St. Ignace, MI. Short note, There was also a rare 1923 Durant fielded by Kenneth Brink of Muskegon, Michigan.
Views: 346   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 29, 2009 9:50am
by Ken Brink
pics Split rims and tires
First$495 takes all (5) 500/19" 4 ply B.F. Goodrich silver town blackwalls
Views: 409   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 27, 2009 9:46pm
by Lance Haynes
Split rims and tires
5 Brand new Tires and tubes brass stem's nickel plated w/powder coated dark blue 19" split rims for 28, 29 Durant Wood wheel cars will post pics soon Questions call Lance at 858-874-0535
Views: 361   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 27, 2009 8:42pm
by Lance Haynes
c
chris
1928 Durant coup FOR SALE CHEAP!
I have a 1928 model M4 car#C3201. The car is located in Mammoth Lakes,CA. It has been mostly taken apart for restorartion. Chasis is still together and Ihave no top or floor.Other than that I have all other parts for this car. Possible to restore or would make an ex...
Views: 433   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 26, 2009 8:55pm
by chris
Gas Caps
thank you for your response. I will be looking for your response regarding the quality and fitting of the cap. I do have a gas cap, but, it would be nice, to have one with a "D" on it.
Views: 270   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 25, 2009 4:33pm
by stephen Aldrich
JR5 Carburator
I have a JR5 Carburator. My grandfather had a Durant. I think I have other parts such as the head lamps. I'm still working on identifying them. I wanted to sell my JR5 and was hoping to get an idea on what they go for. My research has yielded nothing. Thanks for...
Views: 324   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 24, 2009 5:05pm
by Paul Wicklander
1930 Durant roadster model 614 for sale
I have been contacted by a man name of Jason who has a 30 roadster he would like to sell. Anyone know what a fair price would be for this unrestored car?? From the pics I have seen it looks pretty complete. Been stored inside for a quite a while. Any one inter...
Views: 465   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 24, 2009 3:06pm
by Ken McCormick
Lifetime Antifreeze
The local NAPA store has a lifetime antifreeze by Pentosin. It claims to be absoilutely neutral to metals. Does this mean no rust? Has anyone had any experience with it?
Views: 296   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 19, 2009 11:02am
by Vince O'Brien
A treasure (hic) found
this is a test
Views: 359   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 14, 2009 7:44pm
by Guy Belzil
Up Coming Road Trip
I'm in the process of selling my '17 Dodge Touring and will be delivering it to Phoenix about the end of Sept or so. I would really like to find something to haul back to Texarkana if possible. I'll haul most anything except wives and spare girlfriends,,,,,,,,,,....
Views: 302   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 14, 2009 5:59pm
by Don Shilling
1922/23 Star Engine for sale
I have a Star engine that I have tentatively identified as being from 1922 or 1923 that I am interested in selling. Photos are available upon request as well as additional information such as serial numbers, etc. Engine is in excellent shape. Was running when stored...
Views: 320   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 11, 2009 1:45pm
by Lee DeWire
HERSHEY, Durant Base Camp and Parts Finding Service
Our Club will have a site at Hershey. You are invited to "come on in" as often, for as long, as you like. The address will be posted soon. Our Base Camp will be open from Tuesday morning through Saturday afternoon. Rest facilities and refreshment will be...
Views: 300   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 9, 2009 5:27am
by Arthur Roberts
STAR MOTOR
HELLO EVERYONE THERES AN AD IN MY AREA FOR A STAR 4 CYLINDER CONTINENTAL MOTOR ONLY SEEN 1 SIDE LOOKS LIKE WATER PUMP AN GENERATOR ARE THERE NO OTHER INFO,IF ANY ONE IS INTRESTED ILL CHECK IT OUT, NEED DEVAUX CARS & PARTS DAVE
Views: 365   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 4, 2009 4:46pm
by Dave enrico
Dort eagle
Oh well, if I had searched the web first, I would have found the car. It is a 1917 and he wants $3k for it. Ouch? Dan
Views: 318   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 25, 2009 1:13pm
by Dan Marx
Dort Eagle
Ok folks, I found a Dort Eagle in a classic car "yard". The engine tag was brass and from the Lycoming Engine Company made for the Dort Car Company. There was not much metal left of the car , but the drive train and radiator were in tact. The oval shape gas tank wa...
Views: 320   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 25, 2009 1:09pm
by Dan Marx
Durants in the movies
Here is a link to a webpage that lists seven movies that Durants have appeared in with pictures. Enjoy http://imcdb.org/vehicles.php?make=durant&model=
Last Post: Jul 23, 2009 11:24pm
by Rick Botti
Water pump impeller
Hello everyone, here is a new addition to the parts inventory. This is a waterpump impeller for newer model Durant. Billet aluminum with stainless thrust bushing. Enjoy Franz
Views: 329   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 23, 2009 9:29pm
by Franz Fraitzl
k
Keith
Amazing!
Amazing new technology for those hard to find parts. It is called NextEngine 3D and it is featured on Jay Leno's Garage.... Check out this link http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/video_player.shtml?vid=944641
Views: 312   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 22, 2009 10:51am
by Keith
RUGBY Pick-up truck, Axle-Hubs, for front and rear axle ( 1929 - 2000Lbs)
HI all together, since last week I own a Rugby truck built in 1929.( 2000 LBS) It was delievered to Norway, went the way down to sweden, danmark and now into my hands. It is in very good condition and without problems driveable. My Idea is to find some more...
Views: 255   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 20, 2009 1:22pm
by thorsten
Champion C-7 spark plug
Going through my Dad's basement I found a few spark plugs. Looks like they are "New" old ones still in boxes. One is a Champion C-7 wrapped in Champion paper in its original box. The box also says C-7 Champion 18 MM 1" HEX. I also have two other identical Champi...
Views: 370   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 17, 2009 12:12am
by A. Nickel
Mod 70 Sedan for sale
Because of other opportunities I have decided to sell my Mod. 70. Some of you knbow that I have been edging toward this for several months. It needs a good home and some restoration. It's a 20 footer. 99% complete. It's almost, sort of, one of a kind....
Views: 337   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 13, 2009 10:05am
by Arthur Roberts
Tillotson Carb
I have found a Tillotson carb in a box of carbs and parts. It is the only up-draft carb in the box. Does anyone know what it fits from the info below??. Is it Durant material?? Thanks The Tillotson Mfg. Co. Pat. D 12-30-1919 1-31-1922 12-18-1928 Toledo, O...
Views: 278   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 10, 2009 9:14am
by Jack Malpass
torque specs
Hi everyone What are the torque specs for the main and con rod bearings >? I had all the info but cant find it anywhere now that I need it. Isnt that the way it always works?? Thanks Ken
Views: 293   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 4, 2009 10:26pm
by Ken McCormick
Happy 4th!
Have a great 4th of July all in Cyber DurantVille! With care, Keith & Jeanne N
Views: 266   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 4, 2009 9:40pm
by Keith N
Views: 313   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 3, 2009 12:27pm
by Lance Haynes
Durant engine for sale
I posted on july 1 about an engine I have. With Bob Smiths help I can tell you more about what I have. This is a Continental engine used in the A-22,8 bolt head with heat box exh. Date on head is 5-8-23 and date on block is in the other posting.If anyone has any inte...
Views: 330   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 3, 2009 11:40am
by Lou Dube'
Mason/ Durant/ Rugby TRUCK
Lucky you--I have a rear axle assembly and transmission, all heavy duty,sitting in my driveway looking for a new home. Do you want more info, pictures?????
Views: 311   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 30, 2009 2:43pm
by Jack Connor
Tour registration
Well it is finally confirmed--I am definitely going to be there . Another long drive for this old man but I got time to spare We will be leaving here early enough to make it for the whole thing. Only problem at the moment is trying to download the registra...
Views: 259   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 26, 2009 10:28am
by Ken McCormick
Rugby engine numbers
My name is Matthew Lombard; I am the curator at the National Motor Museum (Australia). I often get asked many questions, and not all of which I have the answer for, recently I was asked about a Rugby engine. I noted that on the Durant web forum people had asked a que...
Views: 286   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 18, 2009 10:32pm
by Matthew Lombard
HEADLIGHT RINGS
I AM LOOKING FOR A PAIR OF HEADLIGHT RINGS FOR A '28 DURANT M2 BULLET TYPE HEADLIGHTS?
Views: 279   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 15, 2009 6:49pm
by JOHN PRICE
Helpful Hint for New radiators
I recently got a new radiator for an engine that had been sitting for many years. The radiator repairman suggested that I put a screen across the intake to the new radiator, get the engine hot and flush the system several times. He insisted that I use a small mesh...
Views: 332   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 10, 2009 4:07pm
by Vince O'Brien
Paint colours
I'm trying to settle on a paint colour. I've been looking through the tech pages and old forum posts. In the tech pages I've seen the list of colour names. In the old forum pages, others have said that Jim Wells from Auto Color Library has previously been a big he...
Views: 373   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 9, 2009 4:04am
by Shane Hoffmann
Response to General Motors Posts
The US is now importing over 70% of its' oil. Last year we paid $450 billion for oil. The US will continue to pay more and more for oil. T. Boone Pickens prophesies that we will be importing over 75% of our oil and paying $200 to $300 dollars for it. We need to h...
Last Post: Jun 8, 2009 8:11pm
by Stephen Aldrich
chassis for sale
I have a complete chassis for sale. It is 102" wheelbase with a W-5 motor. I also have a rear end and front axle from a 1924 Star touring. Any questions please E-mail me.
Views: 314   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 8, 2009 3:50pm
by Bill DeVries
Another celebrity amongst us.
Ok so last night I couldn't sleep. Have been having a bout with insomnia and turned on my Satellite Direct TV and started channel browsing. At 4:00 AM not much on, but Male Enhancement products and Vacuum Cleaner Sales but way up on the channels is a channel called R...
Views: 287   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 3, 2009 1:58pm
by Mike Linthicum
Sunday drivin'
Wow! The weather is great for this time of year in the Northwest! Time to get out and share the Luv.... Keith N
Views: 337   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 1, 2009 4:17pm
by Keith Nordquist
Selling 1928 Durant
My father has owned a 1928 Durant since the early 50's mayber earlier, used to drive it in the calvalcade of colors tour in Muskoka and in later years, just once a year for Kearney parade. My father has passed on and none of us are prepared to restore the car and ar...
Views: 387   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 29, 2009 7:08am
by Heather Pateman
durant
hello everyone i received a call last week from a gentlemen out in phelan calif, by victorville,he says he has a 1928 m2 2door sedan (coach) has owned it for 25 years,engine rebuilt supposedly, needs total restoration,wouldnt give me a figure on what he wanted, b...
Views: 433   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 26, 2009 1:16pm
by dave enrico
Updates
I have recently updated the Events page, info for the Canadian Gathering has been posted. Contact Ed Pringlemeir for more information. I have also posted the registration form and agenda for our Texarkana meet, the cost will only be $59 per person. Rick
Views: 328   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 24, 2009 8:34pm
by Rick Botti
1933 Continental ACE NEED HELP
Hello everyone.. I've landed here from information received from another sites forum members.. Here's the story.. I'm trying to help a friend find the best way to sell and value a 1933 Continental Ace that he recently inherited from his father. He doesn't know mu...
Views: 279   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 6, 2009 5:21pm
by fattuna
FYI on Gas Stabilizer
This info may be known to many of our Members, but I just found out about it. STA-BIL has a product called STA-BIL Ethanol Treatment Marine Formula. This product is made to help fight many of the damaging effects of Ethanol. This product I was told about was at a Ma...
Views: 339   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 6, 2009 10:45am
by Ken Brink
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

The Durant Motors Automobile Club