General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
Suggested Chat Times

This is a very geeky suggestion but might be fun if we implement it properly.

Here's the story :-
I'm a Mac developer (you know those shiny laptops and over designed thing-me-bobs you either love or hate). Well the developer community is very very community minded and we help each other out and chat a lot. We even have discussion groups that meet up monthly all over the world. The organisation is called CocoaHeads and you set up a local "chapter", advertise yourself on the web and meet up at a pub or a edu establishment or apple store etc once a month.

So bending this idea slight (as we are all scattered over the world ... how about using the new FM chat room (see Lidia's post earlier) and setting a time to meet and chat about FM stuff.

It doesnt have to be binding, it doesnt have to be formal, its doesn't have to be frequent ... How about once a month on a mid-week day at a certain early evening time (GMT) - that is suitable for most European time zones and would let Craig and others from the Americas to join us.

A time when you know at least some FM Fans will be available to chat about stuff and that wont terribly intrude our busy lives ...

Just a suggestion

Re: Suggested Chat Times

When possible I'll do my very best to get into the chat room with and early evening GMT time (that's early afternoon on the east coast of North America).

Good suggestion![8-)]

Great idea MrD hopefully be a hit with us forum peeps and maybe others, gets my vote [8-)]

Glad you like the idea - So this is the first hurdle to get over.

1) Without running this by committee we need to make a date for the month, like say the second Tuesday of each Month is FMChat night at x O'clock til (we all drop off the line).

I'm not gonna be on here much over the next few days (some of you know why) so please come up with a date and time and that will be cool. I cant make the 3rd Tuesday of the month as that is my MacGeek night (which would be kinda counter-intuitive - own goal etc).

2) If it proves successful we need to promote the idea - either a sticky post or maybe some text for the website wrapped around the chat link.

Byeeee

I can't really do Tuesdays and Wednesdays at the mo, but apart from that any time is good. I fully expect to be on there at 4am chatting with Paul at some point. Not sure if Toni will want to join in at that unearthly hour!

I might be as it's only 11pm here!!!

I like the idea.
You guys decide the time, I'm GMT+1,
and I'll tag along.

/Bo Braendstrup.

Lidia
I can't really do Tuesdays and Wednesdays at the mo, but apart from that any time is good. I fully expect to be on there at 4am chatting with Paul at some point. Not sure if Toni will want to join in at that unearthly hour!

hello! yea, you may well do,but get toni out of bed?
not even a hurricane can shift her before 10.00am lol

OMG - Ladies and Gents ....

I'm honoured you've made me a little stickier than the last time I looked.

Its like the FM version of an OBE !!!

Got launch party tickets AND a sticky in the same day ... so whats the third bit of luck ... (Please say its the lottery !!)

Keep your comments coming about how/when you want this to work.

Shogo

I can do most evenings, but I also have pregnancy head which means I will forget whatever day is arranged!

[:-?]

Dont you use outlook diary or Google Calendar ? Just set it up for a reoccurring appointment

Shogo (OBE)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10