General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5
Author
Comment
FM Live in 1989 DVD!

At the risk of being repetitive, (I'm quite sure I've mentioned it before but my memory is a bit poo!) I'd like to mention a DVDR I bought online aaaaaaages ago.

It's footage of the boys playing the Town & Country Club in London from a TV programme called 'The Concert in association with McEwan's Lager' and was obviously recorded onto video then transferred onto DVD.

Dunno if many of you have seen/owned it but it's a bit of a CRACKER!

What I'm wondering is if any of you lot were there? Also if the whole gig was recorded because they only broadcasted 6 songs! And also whether anyone anywhere knows of the location of the extra footage and how it could be retrieved, restored & released.

I'd love for the band or someone in the biz to look into this (there must be someone who is passionate about FM and who has contacts in the industry who could find this out!) Dave Ling, Derek Oliver.... someone!!

It's a shame that this fantastic (bloody historic!) footage should go to waste when I know that pretty much everyone on this forum as well as FM fans the world over would snap up copies of this footage if it was ever released officially.

And as much as it was worth every bit of whatever it was I paid for it, it's a shame some greedy, opportunist bootlegger should profit when the cash rghtfully belongs to the band!

Anyhoo, anyone with any helpful response? Really hope we can get something sorted!

Fingers crossed!

[8-)][8-)][8-)]

Re: FM Live in 1989 DVD!

I was there Tom, and Im sure I see myself on the footage somewhere near the end. Im in front of Merv and I had really bleached blonde hair at the time.

Little Angels were also on the Bill!

[:)s]

Aww gutted I wasn't there - I Love Little Angels too!
Gonna have to look at it again & try to spot you!

So I take it you don't know any other info? Was it definitely ITV, if so which regional team recorded it, and was it the full show they recorded? I really hope there's a possibility that it can be salvaged - I take it you would def buy it?!! [:)]

I bought a bootleg of it like yourself and would buy it again. I think I sent my original copy to Bo

I taped the show when it was broadcast along with the It Bites show, they were great. Wish I still had it, the DVDs which occasionally crop up are so poor.

Ok so there's 3 potential sales!! So anyone have any answers? Come on if we all put the word out there we can maybe have an awesome classic FM live DVD released one day!! Anth Critchley on the mixing and remastering case maybe? haha sorry Anth but ya def the man to do it!

Lidia
I taped the show when it was broadcast along with the It Bites show, they were great. Wish I still had it, the DVDs which occasionally crop up are so poor.

I love It Bites too

I was there too. Not only were Little Angels on the bill but so were Thunder! A truly brilliant night.

I have the six songs on DVD somewhere but I'd love the whole gig.

One potential order shipped to Canada then! Why didn't someone record the whole night?! [:-?]

Well it's a long shot . I have an old school friend who is a producer for Channel 4 down in Battersea , but he used to work for ITV . It's been a few years but i have dropped him a mail to see if he can help out or at least point us in the right direction . The way i figure it is he owe's me one for the group curry bill i got landed with when we all last went out. Will let you know if i hear anything .[8-)]

This would make a great DVD, can anyone confirm which channel broadcasted it?

1 2 3 4 5