General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5
Author
Comment
Re: FM Live in 1989 DVD!

How about just releasing the 'FM - Live Acoustical Intercourse' VHS video onto DVD? someone Kindly made a DVD copy for me sometime ago but the video is slightly out of sinc with the music.

The acoustic one is interesting. Unfortunately the original reels are lost, so the only way to put this fantastic concert to DVD is to capture it from VHS. So you will not get DVD quality unfortunately.

I will ask this question on behalf of the boys then, what would you pay for a copy of this, knowing the quality isn't as good as a normal DVD purchase?

Ant

News back from the BBC camp is not too good unfortunately, the broadcast came out via Thames TV on the 7th March 1990 and Thunder used it on one of their albums. So if anyone has other contacts in Thames TV it may be worth a shot [Idea]

Ant
The acoustic one is interesting. Unfortunately the original reels are lost, so the only way to put this fantastic concert to DVD is to capture it from VHS. So you will not get DVD quality unfortunately.

I will ask this question on behalf of the boys then, what would you pay for a copy of this, knowing the quality isn't as good as a normal DVD purchase?

Ant

I think we would all buy it if it was nicely packaged with bonus material and /or interviews etc. The DVD could easily be re-mastered and edited from a good clean copy of the VHS video.

Yeah I agree with Kim, I'd buy a copy regardless, cos it's gotta be better than my VHS/CDR copy anyday! I'm sure most of us would too. And at least the boys get the proceeds.

I have The Almighty's best of CD/DVD and some of the promos are obviously from non original sources and still look good so I'd still love to see it done!

Any new/classic FM product is fine by me!

Let's see how much info and interest we can generate for the live in '89 and acoustic footage.

Anymore anyone....?

Ok...but what price would you pay?

I am asking this as it is all possible but fans would have to realise there is only so much you can do with capturing from VHS, the sound can be improved but the picture can only be improved slightly.

I'll start by saying £10 with some new packaging

I'm in for 10 quid, without a shadow of a doubt.

The CDR copy I have also has audio / video sync problems.

My sister-in-law has been busy again at the BBC and found out that BFI own the 1989 recording, she also assures me that every couple of months she checks the archives for any FM related material as they are consistantly transfering old footage onto digital format.

If anyone is interested here is the link to BFI http://ftvdb.bfi.org.uk/sift/title/444750

then again i would pay double if it was signed by the lads, they did 100 copies of Rare & Vintage,thats more than enough for the "hardened" fans that frequent this site.
Simon:could she find out if it could be bought off them?
i mean, for it to be used by FM for these purposes & not for us to buy off them instead.

1 2 3 4 5