Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
31 Durant 619 for sale
There’s a 31 Durant. 619 four door sedan for sale in St. Louis. Cheap money,there number is 217 343 7433 I know nothing about it just got a call from a friend. Dave
Views: 224   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 6, 2018 7:42pm
by Dave enrico
Progress on my Durant
Sent my "D" radiator emblem off to Karla Maxwell for refurbishing last Thursday and shipped my radiator off to "The Brassworks" for restoration. Spoke to the gentleman there and they've done several Durant an Star radiators. 8 to 10 month turn around time estimated,...
Views: 213   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 5, 2018 6:31am
by Mike Linthicum
durant dealership mentioned
I stumbled across an article about the last season of Downtown Abbey. They mention Durant and a real Durant dealership circa 1922. http://www.citizen-times.com/story/entertainment/2015/03/02/vanderbilts-ahead-downton-abbey-cars-trains/24276261/ Rick
Views: 159   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 31, 2017 6:15pm
by Rick Botti
Last minute donations to the Durant Museum Fund!
Hello everyone; We've got just about two weeks left of this year and those of you in the United States that are looking for last minute possible tax deductions, please consider sending a donation to the DMAC Museum Fund. Remember, the DMAC is a IRS designated 501...
Views: 163   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 17, 2017 1:07pm
by Mike Linthicum
NOS oil pump gears
Quite some time ago I loaned a member a pair of NOS oil pump gears for a reproduction project. I have forgotten the members name, and was curious as to the status of the project. Hopefully the member will contact me. Dave
Views: 199   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 10, 2017 7:46am
by Dave Schulte
freewheeling
hello everyone and happy holidays does anyone have a picture of or and old freewheeling control and knob for a Durant Frontenac or devaux,my control cable on my 32 is missing and I don't know what it looks like,as always thanks to everyone for there help dave
Views: 178   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 7, 2017 2:12pm
by dave enrico
Urgent call for articles for the Partner!
Carol's supply of articles is almost non-existent. I spoke with her yesterday and she has very little to draw from for our fall issue and winter issue. Please consider sitting down and writing up an article on anything Durant related. Restoration tips, stories of ho...
Views: 220   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 16, 2017 5:58am
by Mike Linthicum
Missing Modesto package
Hi All.... Trying to track down a package that was to be sent from the Modesto meet. Did anyone get ours by mistake? Thanks..... Cathy & Frank ---
Views: 216   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 8, 2017 6:31am
by Frank Witkowski
mix up at the meeting
seems like I have caused a lot of trouble. I am really sorry if that is the case. Anyone that knows me will know that I am a quiet guy and I would not want to be the cause of strife in the club. There was a screw up in the transportation to the dinner but its no big...
Views: 243   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 15, 2017 4:56pm
by Ken McCormick( b...
I'm selling my 1926 star I want to know how to go about doing so
Yes I'm wanting to sell my 1926 star. I have complete body and frame also title. How do I go about doing so. Thank you
Views: 246   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 5, 2017 9:23pm
by Jon maisterrena
Free Quarter Panels
Free, Free, Rear Quarter Panels from a 1926 Star Coach. Good condition, paint has been stripped to bare metal. No rust. Ken (Yukon Jack) McCormick is offering to transport said panels to the Modesto Convention at no charge. Pictures available on request....
Views: 189   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 18, 2017 10:43pm
by Ken Hoshowski
Corporate Officers Durant Motors Inc.
Anybody know who the Corporate Officers were of Durant Motors Inc, and the other car companies under Durant. We know Durant was the President, how about Vice President, Treasurer etc? Don't know that I've ever seen a list of heard of any of them.
Views: 184   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 21, 2017 2:33pm
by Mike Linthicum
Yet another Fuel Pump thread. I am thinking of switching over to one for a bit.
Hi Everyone. It's been a while since I posted. I haven't had time to work on the car, but I have finally a free week coming up here and I want to see if I can solve my stalling fuel problem as well as my timing issue. Before my question a quick summery of what...
Views: 193   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 11, 2017 1:56pm
by Gerald F
durant star water pump and pump driveshaft
i recently purchased a 23 durant star speedster. i am looking for a water pump and the shaft that goes from the generator to the pump. any help at all would be greatly appreciated. i can be called or texted at 269 362-8184 thanks in advance for any help....john
Views: 251   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 3, 2017 2:23pm
by john pardy
Auto Electrical
Great blog! There is lots of good information, not only me but also everyone can understand it easily. http://acautoelectrical.co.nz/
Views: 190   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 26, 2017 3:22am
by Trump Marry
Annual meeting
Looks like I am coming to see you folks again . Cant talk Norma into it but I figure to be there . Will be sending in the registration and fees soon
Views: 195   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 20, 2017 8:49pm
by Ken McCormick( b...
new pictures Dort and Star
I added new pictures to the Photographs section. 1924 Star Model F Touring and 1920 Dort Model 10 Roadster Owned by Bob DeAngelis The 1924 is a new picture taken since the car has been restored. Rick
Views: 254   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 27, 2017 8:43pm
by Rick Botti
Ready to Rumble!
On April 21, 2017 an epic road race was conducted between a 1928 Durant and a 1931 Devaux. Anticipation was high during the great race of epic proportions! Sweat was heavy on the drivers brow as the cars were neck and neck through the finish line! Who do you think wo...
Views: 184   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 24, 2017 7:03am
by Mike Linthicum
r
Ross
hood fit
I was just looking at our beautiful DMAC calendar and noticed something that made me feel a little bit better about an issue that has bothered me for years. The hood to cowl fit on my 6-14 has never lined up great. The reveal moulding on the left side is off by maybe...
Views: 198   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 7, 2017 10:58am
by Ross
wood spokes
I'm working on the rear wheels of my Star and have discovered that there is a big difference between the front hubs and the rear hubs. I have no rear spokes as the axle,when I got it, had nothing but stubs back there and no fellows. Front axle has 21 inch wheels and...
Views: 212   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 4, 2017 7:57am
by David Coppess
Old Durant Dealership
I'm wondering if there is a list of Durant dealerships in the state of Missouri. I know there were dealerships in St. Louis and Springfield, however there were Durant automobiles sold in Concordia, Missouri as well. I don't know if this dealer was exclusive or mayb...
Views: 204   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 23, 2017 6:47pm
by Gerald Nierman
A22 Oil Can
For years I have thought my A-22 (1921 - 22 NY Car) has sported the original oil can on the firewall. Recently, there has been a bit of doubt pushed my way. I have researched on the internet and found pictures of the 22 sold at auction in 2016 and the red 23 which...
Views: 230   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 21, 2017 5:40am
by Lewis Mendenhall
r
Ross
1926 Miller Locomobile Junior 8 Special
This month's Sports Car Market (march 2017) has a picture and small writeup on this racecar(page 60). Owned by the Driehaus collection, it won first in clas in the early competion class. Nice looking ride. Anyone here know about this car? A nice looking ride. Ross
Views: 216   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 26, 2017 8:25am
by Ross
Horn/distributor linkage
Hello everyone, trying to hook up the wire from the center of the steering column to the horn button. Anyone know how its done? Also missing the linkage from the bottom of the steering column to the back right side of the engine. Have it from there to the di...
Views: 218   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 5, 2017 6:04pm
by Lane Smith
Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year
I want to wish all of my Durant friends and acquaintances a Merry Christmas. This is a special season of the year that we can take time out of our busy schedules and reflect on the fulfillment of the promise of a Saviour that God has bestowed upon all of us. The hope...
Views: 200   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 22, 2016 5:08am
by S. Blomquist
Locomobile Tow Rig
I came across this in one my employer's tow industry magazines today and thought I would share. I always get a kick out of mechanics' tools and equipment from this era.
Views: 248   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 8, 2016 2:46pm
by Todd E Frye
Happy Birthday: William C. Durant
December 8, 1861 was the birth date of William C. Durant, therefore a Happy 155th Birthday to the founder of the Durant Motor Company
Views: 138   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 7, 2016 4:29pm
by Charles A. Spitz...
Wanted - 1924 Star Emergency Brake Shoe
Need to find an emergency brake shoe for my 1924 Star. This is the rear parking or emergency brake shoe that fits inside the brake drum. Any condition considered. I can always put a new lining on a worn out shoe.
Views: 239   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 10, 2016 1:35pm
by Bob DeAngelis
Concours Event- Durant Needed
Hi Guys, I am on the Vehicle Selection Committee for the Eyes on Design Concours car show held at the beautiful old Edsel & Eleanor Ford Estate in metro Detroit each Fathers Day. One of our Feature classes next summer is a special class called Touring America whi...
Views: 271   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 27, 2016 2:43pm
by Bill Schultz
ebay listing
Hey fellow Canadians. There is a 1926 locomobile jr woody for sale in Quebec, Canada. Looks like a real nice car to be in the club. The item number is 152288409434. hope someone gets it?
Views: 318   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 23, 2016 11:52am
by mike babick
A22 Crown Wheel and Pinion needed
Jimmie needs a new or second hand Crown Wheel and Pinion please. Any information on how or where to get one would be appreciated. E mail taupomocks@outlook.co.nz or mail address G. Mock, 'Arosfa', 14 Frederick Street, Two Mile Bay, Taupo 3330, New Zealand
Views: 225   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 22, 2016 7:59pm
by Graham Mock
Local Car Show
Took the 1929 Durant 663 and the 1926 Star to the local car show on Saturday. Had lots of fun. A few people knew about Durants and lots were interested in the story. Both oldsters and kids enjoyed the cars. Met a gentleman who's grandfather had the local dealersh...
Last Post: Sep 26, 2016 2:26pm
by Tom Schaffer
Durant Meet - Durant Appraisals for Ontario Durant Owners
Hi all, I have been rebuilding my wife's grandfather's 28 Durant for about 2 years now. Still quite a bit to go but I'm getting there. (Facebook TwentyEight Durant) In my rebuilding adventure, I managed to become an Ontario "Used Motor Vehicle Appraiser" for v...
Views: 205   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 5, 2016 9:49am
by Neil Martin
Installing headlight glass and rings
After 5 years of restoration, installing my headlights is the last major project. My project was bought in pieces so I do not have the luxury of having taken it apart. I also received parts from a parts car (1928) so often had trouble in knowing which belonged to t...
Views: 278   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 12, 2016 5:11pm
by Ken Hoshowski
Brass bushing vs steel
I need to replace the steel bushings on the leaf springs of my 1925 Star F. The Filling Station has brass bushings of the correct I.D that can be modified to fit the springs. Any opinion out there as to stick with the plain swRHsteel tube bushing or switch to the b...
Views: 259   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 7, 2016 7:22pm
by Bill Hoge
Have a Great July 4th
Hi All, Truly hope all of you have a great July 4th. For us in the USA please remember all of those who made sacrifices for us to keep our independence. Some time we have a tendency to forget what we have to do to keep us free. Yates
Views: 201   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 2, 2016 8:59am
by Yates Milton
Happy O"Canada Independance Day and Happy 4th of July, U.S. Independance Day!
Hello fellow Durantonians! I wanted to wish all our Canadian members happy Independence day on July 1st as well as Happy and safe 4th of July, our Independence Day for everyone in th e U.S. Our countries not only share a border, but history too, both breaking off...
Views: 219   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 30, 2016 6:42am
by Mike Linthicum
c
cdmn
Star radiator ornament mystery
I keep a few things in the loft of my barn. One was a Star radiator shell. Today I took a look and the ornament was gone. I thought, "Oh boy, someone's been prowling in here." Then I saw the ornament laying right below. My question is, do these things pop off b...
Views: 244   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 23, 2016 7:29pm
by cdmn
Another DeVaux needs completion:
A young man in California sent me a e-mail last week on having to sell his "work in progress) My connection to this car goes back to 2001 when my wife and I were in Southern California. On my old registry I had a 31 Custom Sedan listed just a few miles East of Di...
Views: 244   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 6, 2016 1:12pm
by Gary Yelle
West Coast aviation and Norman DeVaux
A while ago a man in Seattle contacted me as he was writing a "blog" on Eugene Ely and his history in aviation. Norman DeVaux had a connection in his research. If you want to read it go to: johnzobel.com. His March 25 entry is on Norman DeVaux. Gary
Views: 246   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 22, 2016 12:34pm
by Gary Yelle
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
To all the wonderful Mothers out there. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY. To our wives and Mothers. You make our lives so much better. May all your troubles be little ones. Gord
Views: 193   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 7, 2016 4:50pm
by Gordon F. Curl
Timing chain cover seal
Does anyone know of a modern oil seal to fit the timing chain cover of a W5 engine?
Views: 255   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 28, 2016 7:03am
by Jim Cooke
r
Ray
1928 ?? Durant motor
I was wondering if any Durant enthusiasts can tell me an approximate value of a 1928? Durant motor? I should have it tomorrow and will have more info. Just wondering if this was something of value to Durant collectors? Any comments would be greatly appreciated, thank...
Views: 249   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 18, 2016 1:11pm
by Ray
Club Events
Looks to be a busy year for the DMAC with a West Coast Spring Tour, an East Coast Summer Tour and National Meet. More info posted in the Events Section. Rick
Views: 180   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 16, 2016 2:05pm
by Rick Botti
1932 DeVaux Model 80 Convertable
I received my June issue of Hemmings Classic Car yesterday and there is a great article on the 1932 DeVaux Model 80 convertable Coupe owned by clubs long time member Howard Reinke's sons Dennis Reinke. This car was sold to Myron Cummings who owned it until his passin...
Views: 261   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 12, 2016 6:48am
by Mike Linthicum
Dort Hub Caps
At the Portland, OR swap meet this past weekend I met a vendor who has several different Dort hub caps. Since I do not see many of these, I asked for his contact info. If you need a Dort hub cap, he may have what you need. His name is Bob Calvert, Oakville, WA, phone...
Last Post: Apr 5, 2016 1:20pm
by Bob Bush
need parts for 1924 star
need drivers side hood shelf and 2universal joint coupling hub part #20307 same as a 23 star
Views: 229   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 6, 2016 6:17am
by Tom Edmonds
Manifold Stud nuts, thread & size
Looking for the thread type and size for the Manifold studs and nuts on 15L engine. Have stripped one of the brass nuts. Went to local store today but thread on nut supplied is definitely wrong.Email me. Thanks Phil D.
Views: 228   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 18, 2016 10:16pm
by Phil Donoghoe
Need throwout tube
As Gilda Radner said "If its not one thing, its another". This time it's the throwout tube. Mine is split in two places and won't push the throwout fork in enough to keep the transmission from crunching. This is the 2 1/2 inch tube that runs tranverse to the car un...
Views: 238   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 1, 2016 8:17pm
by Vince OBrien
Startix page on eBay
For those cars Durant and Frontenac with Startix ... item 200897286321 on eBay. This is mentioned in the generic Dominion Motors owners manual. Durantcars has the cover of the generic owners manual under Frontenac 1931 C-31-401-12. There is no date in the manual...
Views: 212   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 31, 2016 11:56am
by Norm Toone
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

The Durant Motors Automobile Club