AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Chipio?

Can anyone tell me more about Chipio? I am just curious to know more. Are they just handling the back-end processing?

Re: Chipio?

Unfortunately, companies like Chipio are popping up everywhere. Clever internet marketing ads attract those who are suffering in our lame economy and looking for something.

Haven't seen them here in Michigan yet but we do have a company called "Masters Touch Windshield Repair" that has contracted with all the big name car washes. They constantly badger and annoy customers into fixing nicks the size of a pin ******* I've complained to both state and insurances providers to no avail. They never provided a response to my concerns. Really sad that us that are honest, lose business to these gypsies.

I'm honestly contemplating taking this to a local news station to spread the word...since nobody else is listening.

"HONEST WINDSHIELD REPAIR" Is that like "Army Intellengece"? Who are you trying to SCREW?? Snake Oil on Parade. Can you really polish a headlight? Creative BS to provide you chump change. Loosers abound.

Chipio Windshield Repair LLC
(Formerly Known As Apple Auto Glass)
Tax ID # 26-3917016
381 Casa Linda Plaza, Suite 415 Dallas ,TX 75218
Shop : 214-390-2023
Fax 214-390-2024
Email: DallasTX@ChipioRocks.com

Customer Service Hotline 480-371-3164

Shop Code JBZ Tech Stephen B. 3/28/10 Melissa,TX 75454

Work Order
Estimate 2538_ _ ( Last 2 Digits left out on purpose)

Business Contact and Profile
Name: Apple Auto Glass LLC
Phone: (480) 371-3164
Address: 309 Fellowship Rd Ste 200

Mount Laurel, NJ 08054-1234
File Open Date: January 2010
Type of Business: Auto Repair - Windshield, Glass Shops
BBB Accreditation: This company is not a BBB Accredited business.
Customer Complaint History
When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.
BBB processed a total of 3 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 3 complaints closed in 36 months, 3 were closed in the last year.
These complaints concerned :
- 1 regarding Refund or Exchange Issues
1 - None of the Above - Refund or Exchange Complaint Issue

- 1 regarding Repair Issues
1 - Improper or inferior repair

- 1 regarding Service Issues
1 - Improper or inferior service

These complaints were closed as:
- 3 No Response
3 - Company failed to respond to BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

This is info from my sister in law ,who actually ran into this guys at a gas station while on her way back to Oklahoma. It was a Farm Bureau Claim for one chip repair that I checked out a week later and was just a surface nick that they used pit filler on. She has been disputing the claim and reporting it to everyone she can . But they refuse to make it right

This has been going on since 3/28/10

NICE

I worked for them in California. I stopped when I was told to lie. I have all the evidence you need. I would love to help you.

FormerChip- email it ALL to NAGTSALES@GMAIL.com please include as much info as you can.

The Chipio people did my windshield, and they said it will not cost me nothing.I didn't pay for nothing. Is it going to cost me or did they get me

mark
The Chipio people did my windshield, and they said it will not cost me nothing.I didn't pay for nothing. Is it going to cost me or did they get me

mark,

Did you call in a claim with them or did you just let them copy your insurance policy info?

Re: Chipio?- COPY OF MY BBB COMPLAINT

This happened to me tonight at a BP gas station. Here is a copy of the complaint I sent in to the BBB. When you call the numbers there are no answers. When you look them up online they are unpublished numbers. 480-371-3164 and 314-558-1262.

Consumer's Original Complaint :
The "tech" scamed me. Said I had chips on glass. I did not. He "worked" on the "chips" and sent a claim to my insurance. They're scamming insurance companies.
I pulled into a gas station on my way home from work. A gentleman approached me stating it was customer awareness day and offered to clean my windshield. Another gas station I go to does this so I thought nothing of it. Then this guy told me I had "chips" in my windshield and that he was with Chipio Windshield Repair and could take care of them right now. I asked him how he could do that? He said all he needed was my insurance card and that he would get Allstate on the line and if I had full coverage they would handle it as a "no Fault act of God" Claim and would be no cost to me. While I was speaking with the Allstate claim rep he started on my windshield. It only took about 15 mins to "repair" the so-called chips. He gave me a copy of the reciept and said have a nice day and I was off. When I came home and told my fiance about it he was furious. My fiance is a mechanic and said he had recently inspected my vehicle and there was not any cracks. So this Chipio company basically "repaired" something that didn't need to be "repaired" and is now going to get money from my insurance company. This is fradulant and I feel so stupid for falling for it. Like they say: If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

Consumer's Desired Resolution:
I don't want anything from these people. I don't want them to scam anyone else for false services that didn't need to be done. I called my insurance company and they told me that because I authorized it they were going to have to pay these people. I think it's ridiculous. I just don't want anyone else to fall into the trap that I did. I think they need to be looked at closely. I should have known better.

It's not the tech I'm mad at. He is just trying to make money. These Chipio people should be ashamed.

First of all, were there any chips or not? If there wasn't, why did she give up her insurance card? Why didn't she tell the CSR when she was on the phone?

How did her fiance know she didn't get rock chips since he had "inspected" her car? Some very small cracks, I call bees wings, are very susceptible to cracking out.

If there weren't any chips, then the customer was complicit in the scam! I'm not convinced that this wasn't a legitimate claim.

JB
First of all, were there any chips or not? If there wasn't, why did she give up her insurance card? Why didn't she tell the CSR when she was on the phone?

How did her fiance know she didn't get rock chips since he had "inspected" her car? Some very small cracks, I call bees wings, are very susceptible to cracking out.

If there weren't any chips, then the customer was complicit in the scam! I'm not convinced that this wasn't a legitimate claim.

Could it be that she only thought she was scammed because of a commercial she heard on the radio or TV about "Windshield Bullies"?

April,

So the tech scammed you? Your story makes no sense at all. You had no chips or cracks but you gave him your insurance card and you then got on the phone with Lynx and answer the scripted questions and you must of said you had damage. Come on you must be kidding!

You are most likley upset because you got in trouble by your fiance who is auto mechanic (NOT A AUTO GLASS TECHNICIAN) because he controls you.

If you had no damage to your window as you say bring it to your agent for inspection.

I hope you understand how stupid your post makes you look.

PS. Do not answer the phone it could be a telemarketer and they have a great deal for you!

CulverCityCA
They are a fraud. 1) They say it's "customer appreciation day" and then wash your winshield 2)They say it's "no cost" yet your insurance will bill you 3)When you call the number on your warrantee, no one will answer. Want more information? Call either 310-215-3517, 818-645-4889, or 310-966-0154. The company is marketed by Ashley Stavis and Jennifer Ozar.

Don't have Chipio in my area but have other companies that use the same sales tactics. I can vouch for that personally going through car washes after being approached. They see a small nick on shield and will try to convince you it needs repair or replacement. Most vulnerable and targeted are the elderly. I don't think April is making this up...it occurs daily.

Explain the fraud here please? no cost= no cost to you. Show me how this is fraud. Every glass company I know that bills through insurance uses this even the Big S.

Chipio has a web page so I am sure you can contact them.

Customer appreciation =good marketing if done correctley.

I was in Charleston South Carolina a month aso and I believe in fron t of a Glass Masters they had a BIG banner reading FREE WINDSHIELD REPLACEMENT with insurance. Are they committing fraud?

(They are a fraud. 1) They say it's "customer appreciation day" and then wash your winshield 2)They say it's "no cost" yet your insurance will bill you 3)When you call the number on your warrantee, no one will answer. Want more information? )

Jim
Explain the fraud here please? no cost= no cost to you. Show me how this is fraud. Every glass company I know that bills through insurance uses this even the Big S.

Chipio has a web page so I am sure you can contact them.

Customer appreciation =good marketing if done correctley.

I was in Charleston South Carolina a month aso and I believe in fron t of a Glass Masters they had a BIG banner reading FREE WINDSHIELD REPLACEMENT with insurance. Are they committing fraud?

(They are a fraud. 1) They say it's "customer appreciation day" and then wash your winshield 2)They say it's "no cost" yet your insurance will bill you 3)When you call the number on your warrantee, no one will answer. Want more information? )

Jim,

The fraud exist when the customer or insurance is billed, charged for something that doesn't need repairing. A pin size pit on the windshield will never run unless there's a subsurface crack present.

If you believe other please educate me.

Tri County how many Chipio people have been convicted of fraud? If a nick is a certain size 1/8th of a inch not sure about exacts size see Rolags a nick is considered a valid repair.

It also takes the consumer to agree and make the call. So I dont put all the blame on Chipio- They may have a few bad apples but they also repair up to 5000 repairs a week per their web site. So I would guess they have over 300 reps and would not train people to committ fraud as that would be sucide.

Tri County there is so much windshield damage in the U.S and Chipio has a great way to go to market. You may not agree with it but thats your choice people go to market in diffrent ways. Safelite has the insurance contracts so they get beat up for steering. Chipio is direct marketing so the get beat up for fraud. I bet you and others who have hidden behind being the brick and motar shop have some skeletons. Example Lee Cates /Glass Masters and others.

Former Chip - you may consider contacting the Nat'l Insurance Crime Bureau. They run investigations on potential fraud. And for others, by fraud, I mean filing a claim for unnecessary work, which is against the law. Here's the NICB contact page: https://www.nicb.org/contact_us

Rick
Tri County how many Chipio people have been convicted of fraud? If a nick is a certain size 1/8th of a inch not sure about exacts size see Rolags a nick is considered a valid repair.

It also takes the consumer to agree and make the call. So I dont put all the blame on Chipio- They may have a few bad apples but they also repair up to 5000 repairs a week per their web site. So I would guess they have over 300 reps and would not train people to committ fraud as that would be sucide.

Rick,

If you've read all the post on this subject it seems odd that you would come to the conclusion that only a few bad apples existed. Seems to me it's more like more than a few bad apple trees exist!

I'm not exclusively targeting Chipio, I'm targeting all the companies that operate in a similar manner. They push the customer to file insurance claims for mosquito bite size surface damage when it isn't necessary.

Why they haven't been convicted? Simply because the uneducated insureds agreed to participate.

]

Then blame it on the dumbing down of America. I don't believe people are that dumb to file a claim for no damage just because someone says I can fix your windshield. Geez its not like the customer cant see the windshield. It takes 2 to tango. I think this industry is full of people who do nothing but try and slander or cast a shadow on any company that does direct marketing. But as I have seen it appears some of the more traditional guys are serving jail time.

I am not saying Chipio or any company can be 100% clean. But do you really think they teach fraud. You cant do that if you ndo 5000 repairs and employee hundreds of people. Like I said I am sure they have had and still have a few bad apples but so does almost every police force.

This industry amazes me; particularly you troughers. Here we have some attempting to defend the practices of the people that have all but single handedly solidified insurers’ ability to steer and, for those consumers unwilling to be swayed, legitimatized delay tactics like “inspections”. (See Arizona)

And these same troughers will be here complaining when more insurers either directly or indirectly eliminate waiving deductibles for repairs. Too funny.

But hey, who am I to criticize. Of course, those of you who might be curious may want to ask if the principals behind Chipio are same folks who were behind C2C. You know; the money people who saw the handwriting on the wall and bailed on the direct sale “replacement bidness”. And if they are the same people, you may want to ask yourselves if these folks will again do more harm than good to what little is left of that insurance pay trough. Just saying….

Welcome to the here and now.

Reality = Safelite

Either you (1) go out and find "legitimate" work or you (2) sit around waiting for prospects to beat a path to your door.

If you don't use #1 above, you starve. Working at places where you get to inspect a lot of windshields only makes sense to me.

My son got a job with Chipio. He went to school for Auto Body Repair. The only thing he can tell me about the company is he fix windsheilds. In less than one week, Chipio moved him up to Leadership and now he drives around town and meet with individuals about fixing their windshield.

Please tell me more about the company. Do they pay a set salary? Do they have any benefits?

My son was in school for automechanics as well and actually quit school to work this job to get everything they promised him. He is working 10-14 hours a day, 7 days a week trying to reach the numbers they require. I admire his perseverance, but worry he may be disappointed after all I've read.

To: Yvette and Mom

My son just interviewed with a company here in Georgia which reps Chipio.
Do you know how both yor kids came to work for Chipio? Did They answer an ad, maybe on Monster.com.
My son is really concerned after he has read a whole lot of negative stuuf on this site as well as a few others.
Do they pay weekly, bi weekly, monthly, at all?
Do they actually offer benefits?
Please reply on this site when you see this.
Thanks.

Concerned Parent
To: Yvette and Mom

My son just interviewed with a company here in Georgia which reps Chipio.
Do you know how both yor kids came to work for Chipio? Did They answer an ad, maybe on Monster.com.
My son is really concerned after he has read a whole lot of negative stuuf on this site as well as a few others.
Do they pay weekly, bi weekly, monthly, at all?
Do they actually offer benefits?
Please reply on this site when you see this.
Thanks.

Have you tried simply contacting them? I personally don't care for them but that's only my personal opinion of them.

Former C2C Opps MGR !!! Now DNS Auto Glass
602-312-6138

Call me for advise on this ! Thanks

Thank you but my son has decided not to take the job.

Your son made the right decision. Now get him motivated to research his other options which excludes C2C or DNS.
He can double his earnings by avoiding these companies.

Jim McPhillips,

Why your post wasn't deleted is a mystery to me. Your clearly selling something that I thought was not allowed on this forum!

LOL. Someone put a post using my name and giving out my contact information. I can tell you that I do not work for Chipio and could not comment on that organization other then they have show great growth over the last few years.
Jimmy

I've had chips before that I didn't get fixed and they eventually turned into cracks and had to replace windshields on two different cars in the past 10 years or so. (My bad for not having the chips fixed). My new car got a chip about a months ago. One of the little round ones a little smaller than a dime. I was going to take it to auto glass place to get fixed but when I called that day they were too busy to get me in. I happen to pull into a Shell gas station and a Chipio person was there. Washed my windshield, saw my chip and politely asked if I would like it fixed and asked what insurance company I had because most insurance companies will pay for the repair at no cost to the policy holder. (Apparently some insurance companies will not cover chip repairs at all). I said sure because I needed it fixed anyway. Chipio guy called my insurance company claim dept. My insurance said no problem. Chipio guy handled the claim and then put me on the phone with the insurance company to verify it was my car. Insurance said they would cover it. I said ok and the chipio guy fixed my chip in about 10 minutes. WOW I was impressed. I couldn't have been happier and it saved me a trip to an auto glass place. The Chipio guy was very nice and polite and handed me their info on the lifetime warranty. I remember it was hot outside that day and that guy was out there all day trying to make a living. Said he had fixed 5 windshields so far that day. While I was waiting inside, I asked the station manager about the chipio service. He said the Chipio guy rotates around to several of their Shell stations every week and it has been a great service for their customers and they have never had one customer complaint in the 4 months the chipio guy had been at their stations. The chip the chipio guy fixed on my car is still clear and didn't cost me a penny. No complaints here.

Steve they have been very successful in the model they run. I have heard that they expanded to Canada and are looking for more growth from there.

I would assume a company that does thousands of repairs a week across North America will have some issues from time to time but they are also doing many thing right.

I hope Chipio can put a dent in Belron's repair business.

Flint MI area has these, residential address only, Budget windshield replacement saturating the google searches. After a MI business search I couldn't find a MI registration for an LLC or INC

Pretty much tired of hearing about "ChipPee-O's" They are a repair business provider marketing...a scam. They pay 30% of repairs provided and collect the other 70% off your name, reputation and warranty. Your loss will always become their gain!

What's hard to figure out...is why anybody would buy into this crap in the first place? Maybe the current economy and that your desperate? That's what they feed from and recruit from.

They will be gone in 2 years once they've burned every bridge with quality issues but they will probably re-emerge under a different name. Only in America!

Good luck to all you Chipio lovers...you'll need it!

It costs you nothing and you pay nothing with the Proper full coverage insurance. If you have issues with your insurance. Give them a call. If the insurance company sends you a bill then they are being shady. not the glass company. Insurance companies would not work with a Glass Company if they were committing Fraud. If you still have doubts or paranoia I know a shrink you can talk too.

Phillip
It costs you nothing and you pay nothing with the Proper full coverage insurance. If you have issues with your insurance. Give them a call. If the insurance company sends you a bill then they are being shady. not the glass company. Insurance companies would not work with a Glass Company if they were committing Fraud. If you still have doubts or paranoia I know a shrink you can talk too.

Phillip,

Insurance companies work with glass and repair companies committing fraud everyday. It's only when they catch them doing something wrong that they stop working with them! Wake up dude and read some past glass company fraud cases. I think you need to see a shrink to get your head out of the mud.

Tri County are you aware they are now operating in Canada? I have heard from a supplier they are heading to Europe next. Sounds like Chipio is pushing repairs and Safelite is spending millions on promoting customer awareness for them and others.

Andy B,

I really could care less what Chipio is doing. They harvest clients into providing their services and provide little in return. They may be here today but will soon be gone tomorrow.

garbage in, garbage out' all comes around in time. nuff said

Tri County- What is wrong with harvesting customers? I struggle with people on this site who think harvesting is bad thing.

I do not believe in committing fraud and understand that it can happen but as we all see it happens with the so called non harvesters also and they are the only ones doing any time in jail that I see.

Getting out there and selling your services has been around for a long time and will continue to be long after you retire.

You would be shocked at how many compainies hire outside sales groups to sell there product. Yes it can cause issues and needs to be managed but isnt the return great. Risk versus reward?

It amazes me how many people lie here. All Chipio jobs are documented by photograph and/or video. So, if a tech did a job for you and they did not photograph the original damage, then it wasn't a Chipio job or claim.

Get you facts right before you spread a bunch of BS.

I have been approached (Accosted?) by a Chipio rep when driving my personal vehicle . He spotted a small ding in my windshield and actually said the following:
"hey if you don't fix that, your windshield may collapse upon you".

Would have loved to have handcuffed and arrested him for abject stupidity and BS projection.

Tri- County you need to get out more. There are POS systems that allow you to take a picture from your phone and email them right into your system. Not saying Chipio does that but its around and it is very easy. I have a I phone and can take pictures and send them right into my system and they are attached to my invoice.

Chipio is doing so many repairs I am sure they have the means.

post some pics from a cell phone, lets see if we can see the damage........better be right up close, and the lighting just right,,,, chips are tough to photo.

Guys what type of phones do you have? Todays phones take fantastic pictures.

Some tricks of the trade.
You put a white piece of paper inside windshield to show damage better.

You also can take picture from inside the car also.

Here is a basic phone that does the job.

HTC Evo 3D (Sprint)
HTML Browser .Digital Camera
Camera highlights With a resolution of 5 megapixels, this camera phone will give you higher quality pictures than other phones. .Sensor Resolution 5 megapixels .Optical Sensor Type CMOS .Focus Adjustment Automatic .Video Recorder Resolutions 1920 x 1080 (1080p),
1280 x 720 (720p) .

Re: Chipio? O No

I believe they are committing insurance fraud. To answer above question, they do not offer insurance to their employees, ironically. There are only a few people running this ever changing show and they hide behind a "national pyramid scheme" that is now going global. Its probably a risky decision to invest in this company

I think what's happening is that when customers are offered "free windshield repairs" and the repairman claims they see a crack that has in their opinion dangerous potential, the customer niavely concents to the work. Only later finds out their insurance won't pay, leaving them responsible. Actually the customer doesn't have to pay, neither does the insurance company. Once insurance companies and customers figure this out, the repair will actually be free, as advertised. Protect yourself from scams like these

Chipio has a great concept. We can all agree that there is no lack in inventory when it comes to damaged windshields. Safelite spending millions to advertise their service and company only supports that the US market has a lot of windshield damage. So Chipio has hired a army of sales reps/people who can stop a repair from running people. What amazes me is that people post on here like there a complete scam like there are no damaged windshields they fix. Maybe the reps are aggressive and paint a picture that promotes action by the consumer to have windshield repaired but if the windshield has damage there is no fraud there.

What does Chipio offer to the reps that they keep them around and keep growing? I would say it must be opertunity because Chipio sounds like all they do is process the paper for people and they must pay them before they collect from insurance companies.

You want to get Chipio out of your market offer the local operator a bigger piece of the pie$.

Ok, lets start like this. First off, i started working for Fenix auto glass about 8 months ago. Chipio franchises businesses, and contracts through them. Funny thing is, ive repaired hundreds of windshields, and have never committed fraud. insurance policies actually have glass repair built right in. hence the reason that most insurance companies have a line dedicated to glass repair. truth is, insurance companies love us. we save them money. and if you didn't already know, the NJ average is $6-$8 a month, built into your insurance policy. insurance companies would hate to have to spend $300 to replace a windshield, we warranty the repair. this way you don't loose your factory seal, and you keep your insurance rates low. please, any questions, email theneighborkid7@aim.com. by the way... i will be the owner of a brand new windshield repair company, thanks to the opportunity provided by chipio windshield repair. finally able to support my family. and provide the things that they need. so please, don't talk bad about anything, or anyone, unless you know. and if u worked for chipio, and hate it, its cause your weak, and suck at life.

1 2 3

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com