AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Re: Chipio?

I used to work for Ashley as well, was hired a few months after Jennifer. Never was part of the Chips campaign, but worked every other campaign. I know one past employee is in a lawsuit with them and a few have looked into wage claims for incorrect payment for work.

The employees are trained to say certain things that sound like something may be free, when saying "no cost to you" they are charging your insurance, not you. Was there for a few trainings.

Always read what you sign, ask questions if it sounds too good to be true. I have caught other Smart Circle employees saying what they were told, but they were not really sure how it worked.

I work for Fenix as well which is part of Chipio. If it was a scam how would we be able to get corporate contracts with billion dollar corperations. Why would 100% of insurance companies allow us to do their work ? Don't they both pay millions of dollars for lawyers and investigators every year to prevent scams ? Why are we the preferred shop for insurance companies ? Why are we currently in the process of becoming the preferred repair shop for Safelite the number 1 glass company in the world? What that means is we will be the preferred shop for every single insurance company that uses the Safelite glass program to handle all of they're glass claims. Don't you think if it was a scam these things wouldn't happen ? Wouldn't you agree that if it was a scam that Chipio would just get the insurance info and just not do the repair? Wouldn't you agree that if the insurance companies didn't cover it because it is included in almost every insurance policy that the insurance companies wouldn't say on the phone how much they agree to pay and that the customer's deductible is waived and the repair will be done at no cost to them. Would you not agree that Safelite wouldn't put out commercials that state the same exact thing that everyone from Chipio is informing the customers ? Chipio uses zero advertising and people just aren't familiar with the name yet. People think its a scam because there is no reason to advertise when you have contracts with billion dollar businesses to work on their property and provide an added service for the customers. People buy insurance because it is required and they are ignorant to what they are paying thousands of dollars for every year. People need to look before you leap. If you really legitimately did your research you would find that it is 150% legit. People always look at the negative before they look at the positive. There are thousands of small companies in the world who are extremely successful and do no advertising. Just like all small businesses that don't do advertising Chipio is word of mouth and a strong team of employees who work hard, but are all of those small businesses scams ? So why is it different because we are a billion dollar corperation? Is it because we are more successful than the 67% of Americans who make less than $42,000 a year, or could it be that we are all trying to be successful and we don't have someone telling us that we're only worth $8-$10 an hour at a dead end job. Whatever it may be people just need to look at the facts rather than the few customer complaints Chipio has had. Every company has complaints. Let's face it there is no business that doesn't. If you were to really research you would figure out the facts. So how about everyone stops being lazy and actually researches and finds the facts. Quit acting like the lazy Americans everyone talks about and just going on Google and clicking the 1st link that comes up. How about you actually take a look at your insurance policies and the business then come back.

Whatever Ace, Chipio is still a scaaaaam! Experienced it first hand in my area.

Keep feeding your BS but my mind only works with what I see!

This guy represents the close minded lazy Americans who are ignorant to the facts and too lazy to take the time out of their not so busy 9-5 day and research the facts. ...enough said end of story.

Tri-County
Whatever Ace, Chipio is still a scaaaaam! Experienced it first hand in my area.

Keep feeding your BS but my mind only works with what I see!

"LAZY AMERICANS" ARE YOUR BEST CUSTOMERS, SO WHY BASH THEM ACE?

That statement is incorrect because our customers take the 5-7 minutes it takes to repair the windshield to be educated by our employees as well as their insurance companies over the phone. You sir are close minded and uneducated. This whole conversation proves that. Thank you have a nice day. I think its time for some positivity in your life. ;)

ohm

5-7 minute education? lol

It should take longer than 5-7 minutes!!!

Ace
That statement is incorrect because our customers take the 5-7 minutes it takes to repair the windshield to be educated by our employees as well as their insurance companies over the phone. You sir are close minded and uneducated. This whole conversation proves that. Thank you have a nice day. I think its time for some positivity in your life. ;)
ohm

tech
It should take longer than 5-7 minutes!!!

Ace
ohm

Yeah it would! Anybody claiming to provide quality windshield repairs in less then 20 minutes should be subject to inspection. It takes at least 5-7 minutes after filling to UV cure them properly.

Tri- County you sound like a big cry baby. You are banned from posting on Chipio.

Ahah I don't know how many windshields you have repaired in your life but I've done thousands and it only takes 5-7 minutes to cure them when its dark out. Your a joke buddy. It takes max 3 minutes to fully cure during the day. I think its time to just stop while your ahead because your just making yourself look dumb now.

You must be good if you can do them in the dark ;0

Yea I am good. They make these brand new things called ultra violet lights and they work really well on UV dried resin.

ohm

Ace
Yea I am good. They make these brand new things called ultra violet lights and they work really well on UV dried resin.
ohm
[/quote

Ace, if you are that good, please explain to us how you would handle a repair fresh out of a car wash? The damaged repair has moisture in it which would require a dry out prior to injecting resin. That in itself takes takes 5-10 minutes or do you guys just skip that process? Never seen a car wash repair operation to this day dry out anything.

Are you actually repairing damage or just putting a band-ad on it and informing customers all is fine with your 5-7 minute repairs. Also, If you would like to challenge me on repairs I will make you look silly on this forum! But hey, go for it!

Ace
ohm

Good "talented" and Bright"intelligent"are two different things.He means how do you see to do the repair in the dark.If you use a light,it will start to dry some of the resin in the repair that you are using.Even a flashlite contains some UV light spectrum.

Before you even start we are all members of NWRA.And we have done well over 15k of repairs in the 20 years we have been doing repairs.

For those of you who wish to do repairs after dark, you can light your work from the inside of the vehicle. The plastic inter-layer (PVB) of the windshield blocks out UV light so your resin will not cure prematurely.

Hi Ho Chipio, off to work we go!

Tri-County

You sound like such a negative guy. Your the typical guy whos says it can not be done and when someone goes out and does it you just discredit them.

Really is doing a chip repair after the car wash so hard.

1. If we cant do it before the wash we cover the impact point with tape.

When you see a glass of water I bet you see it as half empty. Your negative attitude is really a drag.

Time for everyone to admit doing a repair is a very simple thing. Yes some look better then others but in the end we really measure a succesful repair by the damage point not spreading. It's not a beauty contest.

JB
For those of you who wish to do repairs after dark, you can light your work from the inside of the vehicle. The plastic inter-layer (PVB) of the windshield blocks out UV light so your resin will not cure prematurely.

Hi Ho Chipio, off to work we go!

Good advise JB.Will keep that in mind if we got caught put there.Never to old to learn

Big Country
Tri-County

You sound like such a negative guy. Your the typical guy whos says it can not be done and when someone goes out and does it you just discredit them.

Really is doing a chip repair after the car wash so hard.

1. If we cant do it before the wash we cover the impact point with tape.

When you see a glass of water I bet you see it as half empty. Your negative attitude is really a drag.

Time for everyone to admit doing a repair is a very simple thing. Yes some look better then others but in the end we really measure a succesful repair by the damage point not spreading. It's not a beauty contest.

No problem with what you stated. However, I've never
seen a car wash repair operation in my area ever place a piece of anything on windshield before entering the car wash. If you have...that's great! But I haven't and many of my friends in this biz haven't.

Also, I would like to challenge the "Customer Appreciation Day" people who work at gas stations offering free windshield cleaning!

They clean your windshield (only inducing moisture in the damage prior to repair) In the professional windshield repair industry it doesn't work that way. Everything needs to be dry. If you really know anything about w/s repair Big Country....please share. I personally believe you know very little.

Apparently you bashers haven't invested in a SAH to conduct repairs after a wash. A "surface area heater" will quickly (30 seconds or less) dry an area the sice of the SAH your purchase. They are 12v plug-in and highly effective.

Oh and thanks for opening the NWRA can of worms. I'd love to speak my mind on that alone but I do not want to get banned or get this thread banned. I'll talk about it elsewhere.

I know that I can train someone to do a windshield repair in 1 day.

I know that repair kits are made and sold everywhere.

I know that doing a repair is a simple task with the right kit and supplies.

I know that you can clean the windshield before doing repair.

I know that you can repair a windshield after a car wash.

I know that some reapairs can be done in less then 10 minutes.

I know you like to make windshield repair seem to be this extremly hard and difficult task.

I know that I inform my customers and employees to explain that repairs are not a cosmetic fix and that we perform these to stop the windshield cracking at that impact point.

I know that we inform the customer that their windshield is already broken and in the event the chip or crack area should spread during the attempt to repair we are not responsible for buying them a new windshield.

I know that since 1995 I have done THOUSANDS of repairs and have very little issues.

Do some of the repair guys on here use a UV dome while doing the actual resin injection?We use dry out solution on moisture present breaks.

I have not seen a SAH approved by NWRA.

Big Country
I know that I can train someone to do a windshield repair in 1 day.

I know that repair kits are made and sold everywhere.

I know that doing a repair is a simple task with the right kit and supplies.

I know that you can clean the windshield before doing repair.

I know that you can repair a windshield after a car wash.

I know that some reapairs can be done in less then 10 minutes.

I know you like to make windshield repair seem to be this extremly hard and difficult task.

I know that I inform my customers and employees to explain that repairs are not a cosmetic fix and that we perform these to stop the windshield cracking at that impact point.

I know that we inform the customer that their windshield is already broken and in the event the chip or crack area should spread during the attempt to repair we are not responsible for buying them a new windshield.

I know that since 1995 I have done THOUSANDS of repairs and have very little issues.

1995 really? is that all you have? what an idiot. you truly do NOT have a clue about quality. big dip stick, you don't deserve to be in the business. And do you do replacements also? and train your people in a day?

Some of us went to school to learn a trade. EVEN AFTER 2 WEEKS OF EXTENSIVE TRAINING,it still took a good year to get REALLY good. your 1 day trainees are clueless, and couldn't repair properly if their life depended on it.

Don't believe me? tell me where you really are I will gladly come over and show you how to do things right.

Big country you sir are a big part of what is wrong in this industry, you are a pampas jerk that thinks he knows it all. do us all a favor and go flip burgers, I know you can be trained to that in a day dumb azzzzzzzzz.

Re: Chipio?- COPY OF MY BBB COMPLAINT

Its not the Chipio people you should be mad at it is the tech. Either way the tech is getting a gauranteed paycheck every week so each chip they repair is added comission. My point is that if they choose to tell you theres a chip when there isn't it's your own fault for not noticing there wasn't one in the first place, and their choice to lie to you and say there is one.

I don't have a clue? Come on really. Do you think doing a chip repair is that tough. You my friend are the one who likes to blow smoke us everyones a-s about doing a fricking chip repair.

I have friends at Novus who invented windshield repair and why do you think they role out new franchises so quickly? Its windshield repair you can teach anyone to do it.

Blow smoke up someone else ass.

Big Country
I don't have a clue? Come on really. Do you think doing a chip repair is that tough. You my friend are the one who likes to blow smoke us everyones a-s about doing a fricking chip repair.

I have friends at Novus who invented windshield repair and why do you think they role out new franchises so quickly? Its windshield repair you can teach anyone to do it.

Blow smoke up someone else ass.

WOW BIG COUNTRY, so profound,,,,,Yep once again you have "NO CLUE". First off I never said doing repairs was that "TOUGH", unless your standing up on a big rig, with a center, way up high, chip that is difficult to reach.

You think you have friends at "NOVUS" you are a funny man,,,,, I was a twin cities metro franchise from the mid 80's. So lets get real here. I still have my picture with Jerry Kieneth, ( not sure of spelling), and I was called into the headquarters to help train when either John Madson, or Jim Olson were out sick. Last I heard Jim Olson was still there, but not sure, been away from the franchise noose for nearly 15 -16 years.

I am not the one blowing "smoke". It is the guy who says he can train a repair tech in 1 day. Now that is a joke. And not everyone one or any one can do QUALITY REPAIRS, consistently. It is an art form, at least to those who choose to being the very best at their trade.

You really sound like a guy who squirts a little glue, and thinks that is "good enough".

I knew guys from east coast to west coast and Alaska. Do you remember the original days of "Method men". maybe not. Were you around when boy wonder, Robin Smith, Jerry's daughters husband took over????? Speak up oh big mouth. Were you around when the Skidmore's bought out NOVUS? How about when Allen, the top dog Stood up and said "this is my train, either ride or get off"????? where you there oh smart azzzzz? I highly doubt it.

But maybe you are one of the Montana guys, DALE???? is this you? no can't be, he was never this much of an azzzz.

Did you ever personally know the big franchisees, Like Dave Taylor, Cindy Row, yes and even Mr. Paul Gross, before his days of stinklite, and now Harmon solutions?

You see sir you have NO IDEA who who are talking down to. I have been around a long, long time. Oh 1 more, do you even know some of the early people like Gene Curwick, one of the guys who helped developed the resins, and moved on to own the original DELTA RESINS???????

Big country you can talk smart, but who is really blowin' smoke?????? Seems very obvious. The main point here is you cannot train a few monkeys to do quality repairs in just 1 day, that is asinine. I could probably teach you more about repair than you could even imagine. But you would have to "wake up and pay attention".

You might be able to "blow smoke up some azzes, but not mine, my (friend) I could blow you right out of the industry. enuff said. big country, shut your big mouth, you make yourself look real silly. sorry for being do direct, someone had to do it. JMHNLO

Oh and I could go right down your list of "I KNOW", but it would just make you look a bit more stupid. so I won't waste my time right now.

Safelite= monopoly.

They work for insurance companies and take money from them for your repairs just like the smaller repair companies however because they work with your insurance company you don't even know they're taking your money because they make the claim for you. The smaller companies like Chipio are more honest and do a better repair job as well because corporate isnt paying for it if the chip cracks out so the techs personally insure their work. Wake up America because we have no options because you all are too blind to use them.

Mel
Safelite= monopoly.

They work for insurance companies and take money from them for your repairs just like the smaller repair companies however because they work with your insurance company you don't even know they're taking your money because they make the claim for you. The smaller companies like Chipio are more honest and do a better repair job as well because corporate isnt paying for it if the chip cracks out so the techs personally insure their work. Wake up America because we have no options because you all are too blind to use them.

Oh please...do some research before you write this crap!

Safelite Solutions, Lynx and Harmon all back charge any vendor for failed repairs and that would include any Chipio billed ones.

Chipio is more honest then who, only the non-Chipio repair techs? Please explain!

Chipio's business model is getting you to sign up, setting you up at at car wash or gas station, offer very limited training and taking large cuts out of your profit margins.

The only ones I see benefiting from this company are those to stupid or lazy to figure out how they can do it themselves. (I guess, that would include you sir)

chipio's business model is get the customer before they call their ins co "safelite". Amazing how safelite cries foul when somebody beats them at their own game. "Gee if they get to the customer first how do we steer them to us?"

I used Chipio in a car wash in New Jersey. They did a great job. Windshield looks good and it only took about 30 minutes from start to finsish. I would use Chipio again.

Sierra
chipio's business model is get the customer before they call their ins co "safelite". Amazing how safelite cries foul when somebody beats them at their own game. "Gee if they get to the customer first how do we steer them to us?"

Sierra, is this how you really visualize this? Chipio's business model is only to flood the market with under trained monkeys to profit off of. That's it!

I'll agree that the independents need to beat the TPA's at there own game but I'm not in agreement with this companies methods. Their monkeys are getting very few bananas for their efforts and any one of these starving monkeys will soon smarten up and change direction.

Car wash, gas stations and other store lot repair locations have peaked in the last 5 years but you know what? Consumers are getting smarter and more decisive about using these services(simply because of quality issues). I've already seen these locations dropping like flies this summer in my area...and it will continue in others areas.

David M.
I used Chipio in a car wash in New Jersey. They did a great job. Windshield looks good and it only took about 30 minutes from start to finsish. I would use Chipio again.

David M,

To be honest, I've never had a previous customer ever come on glassbytes and write something. How would they even know this site existed? Nice promotion for Chipio though!

Tri-County
Sierra

Sierra, is this how you really visualize this? Chipio's business model is only to flood the market with under trained monkeys to profit off of. That's it!

I'll agree that the independents need to beat the TPA's at there own game but I'm not in agreement with this companies methods. Their monkeys are getting very few bananas for their efforts and any one of these starving monkeys will soon smarten up and change direction.

Car wash, gas stations and other store lot repair locations have peaked in the last 5 years but you know what? Consumers are getting smarter and more decisive about using these services(simply because of quality issues). I've already seen these locations dropping like flies this summer in my area...and it will continue in others areas.

I'm just saying I like their business model "Beat the TPA to the job" whether or not they do a good job or hire qualified techs, I have no idea. I have personally never seen a repair done by them.

Tri-County
David M.

David M,

To be honest, I've never had a previous customer ever come on glassbytes and write something. How would they even know this site existed? Nice promotion for Chipio though!

Just a bit to coincidental lol

I worked for chipio in denver colorado and was fired for not screwing enough customers than a month and a half later i go into my new job and find one of their employees waiting for an interview at my new job and found out that they were using my full name a ssn for their new employees that cant pass a felony backround check. dont work there dont have them fix anything they had me claiming to be a tech after the first day of learning how to fix a chip.. not worth it currently rebuilding..

Actuelly dude your wrong.. I was never asked to photograph anything ever.. And it was chipio and i did work for them and now a month and a half later i find that my full name and ssn has been used to hire felons.. so seriously if you dont know what the hell your talkin about.. when you get screwed come on here and appologize for your ingnorence..

Greg we are very sorry to hear about your Chipio experience.

Please post the following information so we can investigate your claim.

Full Name
Address
Social Security #
Phone #
Email address

Regards
David

CSR
Greg we are very sorry to hear about your Chipio experience.

Please post the following information so we can investigate your claim.

Full Name
Address
Social Security #
Phone #
Email address

Regards
David

S.S. number, huh?? Lol....

not sure where you are all getting scammed, but I live in NJ and had no problem with this organization. I had a crack in my Honda and ran into these people at a gas station, and they fixed it. Just like mentioned above, they call the insurance company, and handle it as a no charge claim. I never got charged a dime for this repair and my windshield was fixed before it started to spider. I am thankful for these people.

Greg I remember you buddy, you got fired because you could never show up on time and always had a lame excuse for why you were late. Don't blame things on other people when you put it on yourself. Also why we do not hire felons its too much of a liability that's why a background check is required.

Greg
I worked for chipio in denver colorado and was fired for not screwing enough customers than a month and a half later i go into my new job and find one of their employees waiting for an interview at my new job and found out that they were using my full name a ssn for their new employees that cant pass a felony backround check. dont work there dont have them fix anything they had me claiming to be a tech after the first day of learning how to fix a chip.. not worth it currently rebuilding..

FALSE.

Melissa
FALSE.
Whats FALSE Missy? The name CHIPIO? THAT IS STUPID AND NOT FALSE! Someone from outside our industry had to have come up with that silly $#1+!!!! LOL.

Hey Rope I don't know how stupid they are. 4000 to 5000 repairs a week is what I heard through inside source at Safelite. I can assure you that Tom F. and Brian M. don't think it's stupid more annoying then stupid.

Get a clue
Hey Rope I don't know how stupid they are. 4000 to 5000 repairs a week is what I heard through inside source at Safelite. I can assure you that Tom F. and Brian M. don't think it's stupid more annoying then stupid.
ALL KIDDING ASIDE THAT DOES MAKE ME HAPPY!!! LOL.

I have evidence as well. I worked for them. They are committing insurance fraud.

So do something with it. Posting here does nothing.

did you get your chip fixed in Temecula?
if so it was probably me :)

*all repairs come with a nationwide lifetime warranty

I know a girl who works there and she makes 500 a week. She is on of Jehovah's witnesses so if there is any fraud going on she would back off fast. Jehovah dont play that.......

I went undercover and immediately can tell you 3 issues.

1. Telling me that insurance companies dont recommend them because they have a lifetime warranty and the Insurance recommended shops have only a 1 year warranty so they dont like chipio because they do such better work!

2. The guy is fixing the windshield right in front of me while i see rain drops on the glass. I ask if its ok to do that when its wet and he says "yeh, it doesnt affect the repair"

3. I ask if its like superglue, he says its ultraviolet cured. So why is there nothing there to block the uv light while he is fixing it?

No way is anyone here posting on this topic going to convince me that they know what they are doing. They are not trained and will just be a thorn for a while until the public see's the results come this winter.

The other thing to realize is that no matter how it looks when it is finished is that people sell cars and the warranty is then gone so they are off the hook.

They remind me of those FREE carwash people. Low quality, but they attract a certain type of customer and thats ok. Someone has to fix the under educated in glass repair persons windshield. People feel good about supporting a young motivated pimple faced kids idea of business in a parking lot.

Competition is good for all, but they are not our competition. If you see them as your competitor than you sell the same thing. They are scammers and should be reported to the BBB which wont do any good. The BBB is like a membership you pay for to have good things said about you to have a plaque in your shop. I love it when a friend says they are going to call the BBB on someone. You may as well go into the bathroom and talk to the porcelin god! The BBB has no power but to take your paid membership away, oh, thats so devistateing, telling my mommy would have been a better idea!!

Hey Rabbit,
Chipio has performed over 200 thousand repairs since they have been around. I dont think they will run from their warranty so if the consumer has a issue with repair I am sure they can contact Chipio and resolve.

Rabbit the fact is the little pimple faced kid can do a repair that will last just like you will do.

I laugh at people in this industry that make doing repairs seem like it is a skilled trade. Come on people you can train almost anyone to perform a repair just look at Safelite they do it.

1 2 3

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com