ATTENTION: The glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.
You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
1. What is the organizational change that was announced on August 20?
• We announced the elimination of the insurance and wholesale ASM roles throughout the business and are restructuring the organization in a way that best connects with our clients.
2. Was this decision based on performance?
• It is not one based on performance, rather, the evolution of technology and the undeniable shift in consumer behavior.
• More and more insurance companies are no longer relying on agents, and more and more consumers interact directly with our brand through various channels. Solid data proves this to be true.
3. How was this impacting S______te's business?
• Both the wholesale and insurance selling models are changing, resulting in a dramatic impact on ours.
• We strongly believe that this momentum is only going to continue. In fact, we see it already. Geico, Liberty Mutual, Progressive, and others are rapidly growing and taking significant amounts of market share from traditional agent-based insurers.
• And on the wholesale side of the business, we've made the decision to move forward with our inside sales model and Will-Call-only service model.
4. What was concluded that led to this change?
• We realized that our agency selling model needs to be reinvented In order to continue to grow our business in a healthy way, we must connect with insurance agents in a new way. Quite simply, we must be innovative and continue to take steps toward achieving our overall
5. What will change in our sales model?
• Going forward, we'll use more technology to complement the evolution of our business and the insurance marketplace.
6. What happens to our ASMs who were impacted?
• The insurance and wholesale ASMs are some of our most tenured associates.
• We know the relationships they have built, their hard work in producing results over the years, and the significant contributions they have made to our business. We appreciate them.
• That's why this has been a very difficult and emotional decision.
• Know that we are supporting our associates through this transition, whether through another role with our business, or with their next career move.
• Many of our sales leaders have great experience that makes them well suited for operational roles. Some will make that transition.
7. What replaces the ASM role?
• Three new roles have been created, offering opportunity for some of our ASMs to transition to:
• Regional Agency Manager, or RAM
• Agency Service Representative, or ASR
• Commercial Account Manager, or CAM
8. What will this change allow us to do?
• This restructure represents our approach to working smarter, getting more efficient, and being practical in our investments.
Sounds like you are an insider who is being told what's going on. Safelite seems to have a few of those that let the secret out.
Sales should be scared...this is Only phase 2. This line alone says a lot "represents our approach to working smarter, getting more efficient, and being practical in our investments." Remember people, they are now partly owned by an investment firm. They figure TPAs and contracts will be enough and soon they will not want any investment into a sales team. The lucky ones are the ones that are getting a package and will get a jump start on the jobs out their that the competition will be offering
the company is a sieve. Leaks are what happen when you jam bad policies down dedicated peoples throats to advance a strategy that looks good in magazines, but does so at the expense of the people that got you there. How many field leaders thought this was a good idea? I think it would be interesting to take the call talking points to state farm, farmers and allstate agents to see if they agree that the relationships they have built with customers over the last few decades are less valuable than a website...their "least cost provider" certainly thinks so.
People powered you are so right. If I was one of the termed ASM I would send to all my agents. In fact competitors should print this out to have a discussion with agents. Safelite is heartless. I heard today was suppose to be the day but an executive admin sent out an email in error to everyone at Safelite. Not a good "Day" for her. An they say sales people are incompetent. It's hysterical.
Its funny... Mr Feeney felt the need to jump into an interview to address things a bunch of anonymous hacks have posted on a message board. Not only is he on board for the next 3 or so years, he got promoted!!! People Powered!!! I wouldn't hold out for congrats...you fired the guys that were good at carrying the company flag the highest. Funny comment about change or die in the interview...kind of reminded me of "new coke" rationale in the 80s. I thought understanding your customers wants and needs was a pillar - as were people... but I guess that only applies to certain customers and certain people - you can always create a temporary new job for the ones you want to keep (and let them do the same thing) and still drop the restructure cost below the line to show how smart of an idea it was. Outstanding work. Good luck with your firings. Something feels dirty about shooting profitable, loyal associates when the company is killing it. Seems to transcend profitable growth, and go straight to "ego driven greed". but who knows, its probably the right thing and we will all benefit - at least those of us that are left.
Another article. Why the need to explain yourself? I think Mr Feeney should think about taking advice from his communications team about posting these articles. It makes him and SL look weak and nervous. Maybe the wrong people were let go. This will only bring it to the attention of the insurance industry. Something his communications team doesn't seem to understand... If you keep stirring crap it will keep stinking.