AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
“Can do”

All remaining field sales - have your resume ready by 8/20. Thanks for your service!

Re: “Can do”

What are you saying all the Sales team are getting let go?

Where is this coming from?

It's coming from "they".

Thanks for all this esoteric cutesy bull schytte! I have no freaking idea about who or what you people are jabbering about.

What Mr. can do is saying that SL is letting go all the SL sales people on 8-20. Which seems like a terrible thing to do.

I couldn’t see SL getting rid of all of their sales reps, that will give them a really bad name.
Is it regional? By state?

part 2 of the 2 part plan perhaps

hmmmm interesting, what’s part one of part 2?

well, rumor has it.. been hearing it for awhile, whats the source?

Very suspicious, can’t buy it.
How long has this rumor been circulating and what prompted it?

well, the "rumor" started circulating yesterday with a date...however, the rumor without a date has been there since the axe fell on the first "batch" about what, 18 months ago or so? The plan hasn't been a secret, in fact those that avoided the first pass were told it could come at any time (if their leaders were honest)....so not "if", just the "when". This is just a PSA, who knows, maybe "they" were incorrect - but I wouldn't count on it. Always good to be prepared.

Digital Media doesn’t require a salary,bonus plan,benefits,company car and never calls in sick or takes a vacation.

experiment may be to ask a dm or vp. See what gets denied and what gets an "I don't know". Timing seems pretty good - get the labor off the books for 4q with the least amount of blowback...and 6 months or so to do damage control on the accounts before the season. Who knows...it may just be something 'they' are saying.

Digital media doesn't sell state farm customers but that doesn't support the story I guess

Not buying it, I’ll believe it when I see it.

It’s happening 100% and it’s a huge mistake. These associates built the company and they are being thrown out like garbage. So SL can put more money to the bottom line of there pockets.

No rumors.. Stay tuned...

Sales team is GONE, G.O.N.E. Saving BIG $$$$$ August 20th! Also got word that the quality guys are getting thinned out pretty heavily nationwide as well. Here in the deep south, the quality guys I know said they are no longer allowed to train and required to do OJT training. Loyalty??? NOT. You have been led to the slaughter house my tender little lambs. NOW do you believe us that those "anonymous" surveys and promises of a better life are nothing more than a CORPORATE promise to make you perform? Baahhhhh....

The AXE is raised......... CHOP

?

ASMs don't sign away your right to work and compete - its what you are good at. Check out your job options and get with an attorney. Keep your power once you are restructured out the door. Don't sign anything hastily.

LOTS of opportunities out there right now - be smart!! Change always tough but worth it!

I can't think of one job a former sales person is qualified to do. they cant even sing the jingle

pop - c'mon some, not all reps are very good at what they do...
however, this all still seems to be a rumor.. without facts.. can anyone provide some solid facts to substantiate this rumor

Pops, what r u doing over there? Splitting the atom?

They all deserve to go. The digital media is so much better then the milk runners we have.
Bye bye 😭 ASM’s. The quality managers are next .

Flashtime - appreciate you candor. JW would be proud.

Flashtime, what ass ache do you have towards ASM's?

It is 100% true. It's very bittersweet. When looking at the big picture, it's time for this role to evolve. However, Safelite still needs that layer of insulation when it comes to our accounts. We won't all be gone, but most of us will. The rest will be transitioned into a different type of position. While it's not fun to lose your job, Safelite hasn't been a very fun place to work.

As for some of you who choose to insult- the sales team that was left last year are perfectly capable and did a lot for this company that went without notice or recognition. Frankly, I look forward to not working with associates that can't even use the proper form of grammar, such as you "Flashtime". The next time you throw an insult, use the word "than" when it comes to a comparison.

seems like the company "evolves" every two years whether it needs it or not. I guess the newly minted vps and corporate directors have to blaze their path to show their worth, or maybe some in the big offices are making their dream of no sales and no csr come true - half way anyway. I'm sure lots of hand wringing about doing "tough" things with folks that have spent decades bleeding safelite to all that would listen..and 'volunteering' for every pet charity that makes TF look good to GL. (instead of the ones under their nose on anything more than a token basis)...all bull****, but hey, who cares if you feel better? Funny thing is, who is going to answer all of those calls that come in from agents and customers that avoid the 'machine' because of service? … maybe they will use the app...who wouldn't want to do that? just ask RC, the focus group doesn't lie. Maybe the company will just forward the phone numbers from the rep phones....or maybe they can't because someone thought saving a buck with bring your own device was a good plan. I probably dont' understand - that's ok too. I know lots of good folks with big books of juicy non program business coming available.... they will keep the corporate shills to plan events, nod favorably at stupid ideas in worthless meetings and put up the tents at regional golf tournaments... don't sign before you shop folks.

Wow - this forum is getting interesting again.

Riddle me this...

What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Your name

And your loyalty and life's work. If this rumor is not true then why no 'all hands' conf call emphatically stating the contrary !?!?

#Crickets

They all deserve to go. The digital media is so much better THAN the milk runners we have.
Bye bye 😭 ASM’s. The quality managers are next .

Mistake corrected.....

What they should have created was a 10-2 Sales job.

Flashtime,

You mispelled "Flashtiime" in your recent post. Please try again later.

That’s what makes it so much funn speel Check

BTW Best of luck on 8-20.

what good does a salesman do, they already have a network that arm twists price so
safelite makes more than people doing the installing. agents don't decide where to
send customers to get glass fixed.

It’s sad when people lose their jobs. I suggest that all of the salesmen that lose their jobs start their own auto glass business. If they do, I hope they share how they feel when their former company steals work from them. Wait, if they join the network they’ll be on easy street, right?

This too shall pass.

Dizzy "agents don't decide where to
send customers to get glass fixed." THEY DO IF YOU PAY THEM!!!!!

Come on. You don’t think these sales people would “spiff” agents? Why, that would be illegal!!! They would never...... LOL

If I heard right, rumor has it that all remaining employees will be given profit sharing.

No....what you heard was Pocket Despairing

A very strong rumor also has it that on August 20, Belron will be replacing Tom Feeney. Friends across the pond say this is almost a certainty. No word on who will replace him, but the feeling is a Brit rather than another American.

August 20th falls on Eid al-Adha “Festival of Sacrifice”......just sayin

يحيا الناس المبيعات

Amen to that GG LONG LIVE THE SALES PEOPLE

That, of course, is in honor of Eid al-Adha. 👍🏻

So are they supposed to be coming into work until the 20th?

Some rumbles in Columbus yesterday suggest tk's comment about Feeney getting tossed on the 20th might have merit.

if you believe that you're a fool or just stirring the pot.... most likely both

It's the final countdown....

have a nice weekend

1 2

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com