Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: lubrication system

Mark,

I am thinking that you could be confused with our 4 cylinder Durant model A-22 ('22-'26) those engines have the dipper/splash with a grapevine distributation system with very low residual pressure from a low volume external gear pump...Oil pressure at guage is 3-5 lbs (if you are lucky)

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Thanks guys. Looks like I have some digging around an engine to do. I really appreciate your help, all of you......Mark

Where Are You From? Colorado

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Any chance someone could submit a foto showing me exactly where the oil pump is on a 1926 Durant Star coupster 4 cylinder? Thanks everyone.

That part page is out of Leaside 1938 catalogue. Here's the Durant US counterpart.

Can't find anything on Google search showing the W4A / W5A engines giving info or exploded view. Perhaps a DMACer can point Mark in right direction where to get his hands oily on his pump.

US-Oil-pump

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan made by Dominion Motors

Thank you Norm

Mark,

Go into our tecnical page, then click on the Model 40 repair manual...That will have the W-5 engine repair with drawings.

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Thanks Bill. Page 107 shows fig 77 of the oil system at back of block on this pre 1927 Star engine.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan made by Dominion Motors

Thank you Bill. I truly appreciate all of you. This is a new project for me. I rescued this car from an idiot who wanted to chop it up and make a rat rod out of it. s again you guys are amazing....Mark

Hi Mark. sometimes when a motor is worn out the oil presser drops You might try using a heaver oil like 40 weight or even a 50 weight , Bert

Where Are You From? american canyon cal

Do You own a car built by Durant? three

Thank you Bert. I'll give it a try.Anything to try to avoid pulling that motor.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club