Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Springfield Meet

I love my lil shining star but haven’t been able to get it fired up since last year. If I bring it to the show , can I pay somebody to help ? I believe it is timing of distributor but it could be anything. I put new battery , plugs , wires and attempted to time using tdc , gapped plugs and new distributor with info found . Had crap in fuel vacumn and carb screen. Thank you for all that this group does...

Where Are You From? Ann Arbor Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star C

Bring it on! That will be the perfect setting for a tech session!

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several plus 1

Awesome... I will gather up tools and spare parts and look forward to meeting everyone .

Thanks Don and Durant clan...

Where Are You From? Ann Arbor Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star C

Just made reservations, looking forward to seeing everyone!

Where Are You From? Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star, 1928 Durant

I will not be able to make it to the Springfield event. Many urgent issues have come up . Family issues with medical problems but mostly drama...
Perhaps next year will be better...

Where Are You From? Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star sedan

Having troubles escaping the bonds of Ann Arbor and may not be able to participate this year. Still making all attempts however.
Deborah let’s hope to connect here in town one day and see if we can’t get your car up and running! I’m sure as the warmer weather moves in we will be able to find a chance to meet up.

Where Are You From? Brighton MI

Well, I had a fine time in Springfield, seeing some history, listening to some PC spin on Abe Lincoln, and mostly, spending time with and sharing lies with friends. Eating out was another plus but by the end, I think we ALL ate TOO much!
There was even a Star parts stash close by. On the way out on Sunday, Bill, Annjean, Fred, and I stopped in Decatur to check it out. Bill scored a cowl vent lid, Fred got a vacuum tank, and I took the bumpers. After stopping in Canada and on the way back I started to have second thoughts as I was leaving Columbus. I hate to go home with an empty truck so I headed back to Decatur and loaded up all the other parts except for the frame. I'll get that at a later date! Maybe I need to invest in a headache rack for my truck?

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several plus 1

Don:
Glad to hear that you made it home safely. We got back home late Sunday evening. Twelve hour drive from Springfield.
You are right when you say we had too much to eat! Didn't think I would be hungry for a week, but I do seem to be able to sit up and take nourishment..
Many thanks to Mike Linthicum for arranging all the different museums etc for the weekend. It was truly great. Also great to meet and greet our fellow Durantonians.
NOW - Don't forget the weekend event June 28 - July 1 in CANADA.

gORD

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac made by Dominion Motors, Leaside

The Durant Motors Automobile Club