Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Springfield Meet

I was just wondering if a date has been considered for this meet next April? It's only about four months away and I'm getting ansy for this road trip! I already have a motel room for Chickashay swap meet in March but this is just in by back yard!

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several plus 1

Re: Springfield Meet

Hey Don;
I'll start working on it this week and try to get a definitive answer by Friday. I have some work to do this morning, but will start calling when I get back.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan from Elizabeth, NJ Plant

I'm wondering if dates have been set for the spring meet as we are trying to schedule our vacations.

Where Are You From? Grand Rapids, MI

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star, 1928 Durant

OK, I contacted the lady at the visitors bureau to start trying to find us hotel space with ample trailer parking. Looks like either the 19th of April through the 22nd of April or the week that follows, April 26th through the 29th. Depending on what's happening in the area and hotel space. Will let you all know as soon as I can lock in a hotel.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan from Elizabeth, NJ Plant

Due to a a promotion within my company I will no longer be able to attend our spring get together this year. I am beyond overwhelmed and a basket of nerves trying to learn the new territory and can not imagine sneaking away this early in the game.

Very disappointed not to be joining this year.

Where Are You From? Brighton MI

Brian
So so sorry, we always enjoy your company on these events. If things change, you'll have till April 5th to cancel so maybe as time goes by, you might be able to. I will post the information as soon as the hotel lady gives me the code for reservations. The hotel will be the Hilton Garden Inn, at $89.00 per night and we have a hospitality room. More to follow

They just sent this to me this afternoon, so give it a day to update the system and you should be able to start making reservations by tomorrow.

DMAC East Coast Spring Meet
April 19 throgh April 22, 2018

Hilton Garden Inn
3100 S. Dirksen Parkway,
Springfield, Illinois, 62703, USA
TEL: +1-217-529-7171

ROOM RATE of $89.95 per night using DMAC CODE DMA04 Call Hotel Direct or copy & past link below:

https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/gi/reservation/book.htm?inputModule=HOTEL&ctyhocn=SPIGIGI&spec_plan=dma04&arrival=20180418&departure=20180422&cid=OM,WW,HILTONLINK,EN,DirectLink&fromId=HILTONLINKDIRECT

We'll be taking a ride and visiting historic "Route 66" that runs through Springfield and other historic sites. The home of Abraham Lincoln and his burial site!

Room Booked at Hilton Garden Inn.
Springfield, Ill.

Looking forward to being there.
Ken and Dorothy Brink

Where Are You From? Norton Shores, Michigan

Room booked at the Big House. Arriving Thursday afternoon. Bringing my car with me in the back of my pickup!

I love my lil shining star but haven’t been able to get it fired up since last year. If I bring it to the show , can I pay somebody to help ? I believe it is timing of distributor but it could be anything. I put new battery , plugs , wires and attempted to time using tdc , gapped plugs and new distributor with info found . Had crap in fuel vacumn and carb screen. Thank you for all that this group does...

Where Are You From? Ann Arbor Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star C

Bring it on! That will be the perfect setting for a tech session!

Awesome... I will gather up tools and spare parts and look forward to meeting everyone .

Thanks Don and Durant clan...

Where Are You From? Ann Arbor Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star C

Just made reservations, looking forward to seeing everyone!

Where Are You From? Michigan

Received the latest Partner today. Hook line and sinker! I just can’t miss the gathering. I look forward to seeing everyone each time and regardless of this new position, I will be attending! I have a board meeting on Thursday the 19th 7pm. Looks like I will be a bit late to the gathering but I will leave the meeting Thursday night (in Ann Arbor) and drive directly to Springfield. Really looking forward to a couple days with all of you. Then a rush back to Ann Arbor for another board meeting on Monday morning.

Off to make hotel reservations.......

Glad you are coming, looking forward to seeing you.

Where Are You From? Grand Rapids, MI

Just made reservations at the Hotel.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Gordon & Mary Carolyne Curl

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac made by Dominion Motors, Leaside

I will not be able to make it to the Springfield event. Many urgent issues have come up . Family issues with medical problems but mostly drama...
Perhaps next year will be better...

Where Are You From? Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star sedan

It will be great to see everyone! Let's hope for warmer weather up there. I'll be flying in on Wednesday so I can run the route for those bringing cars. Hope some do! See you all there!

Having troubles escaping the bonds of Ann Arbor and may not be able to participate this year. Still making all attempts however.
Deborah let’s hope to connect here in town one day and see if we can’t get your car up and running! I’m sure as the warmer weather moves in we will be able to find a chance to meet up.

OK the weather report says little chance of rain or snow, high or 59 and 57, but I guess in the upper 30's low 40's. I'll have to dig out my winter cloths I guess. While most of you will be in short sleeve shirts and maybe shorts, not me, when it gets below 70 I start to shiver so I'll pack some warm cloths. I will be there on Wednesday by noon so I can check out the routes for travel to the various sites. See you all on Thursday! Safe travel for all!

Well, I had a fine time in Springfield, seeing some history, listening to some PC spin on Abe Lincoln, and mostly, spending time with and sharing lies with friends. Eating out was another plus but by the end, I think we ALL ate TOO much!
There was even a Star parts stash close by. On the way out on Sunday, Bill, Annjean, Fred, and I stopped in Decatur to check it out. Bill scored a cowl vent lid, Fred got a vacuum tank, and I took the bumpers. After stopping in Canada and on the way back I started to have second thoughts as I was leaving Columbus. I hate to go home with an empty truck so I headed back to Decatur and loaded up all the other parts except for the frame. I'll get that at a later date! Maybe I need to invest in a headache rack for my truck?

Don:
Glad to hear that you made it home safely. We got back home late Sunday evening. Twelve hour drive from Springfield.
You are right when you say we had too much to eat! Didn't think I would be hungry for a week, but I do seem to be able to sit up and take nourishment..
Many thanks to Mike Linthicum for arranging all the different museums etc for the weekend. It was truly great. Also great to meet and greet our fellow Durantonians.
NOW - Don't forget the weekend event June 28 - July 1 in CANADA.

gORD

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac made by Dominion Motors, Leaside

The Durant Motors Automobile Club