Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Running board rubber and metal trim

I have samples somewhere for 1923, don't know how it would relate to 1928...1923 "Oakland" factory was also using Zinc for both the cowl and running board molding...The running board molding as I recall has a 3 bead on the top leg and a double line with about 3 rows of dotted texture between on the side leg....Ray Keto made a tool for duplicating this design....I had the tool for a while and then sent it on to John Bardeli....The running board mat for '23 was black "V" grove battleship lenolium (burlap backed)....Ray Keto in his article, talked about manufacturing his own mat by using battle ship lenolium then on a tablesaw cutting the V grove.....Would it be possiable to re-print Rays article in our magazine or would their be copyright issues?

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Re: Running board rubber and metal trim

Bill-

No copyright problems as far as I am concerned. I know my father was against copy writing any of his writings as he wanted to share any knowledge he had. All his articles were submitted freely by him to any publication and without copyright. He would encourage you to reprint any of his articles for the benefit of the club.

Hope this helps.

Where Are You From? Smithsburg, Maryland

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant Sport Touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club