Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Coil Wiring

Hi Ken

If your battery is negative ground then I hook the negative terminal on coil to the points or the insulated post on the distributor..Yes, the circuit breaker/cut-out wire goes to the ampmeter...The wiring diagram doesn't show it but I like to put an external wire between the distributor housing and ground (usually a screw where cut-out is mounted on generator)

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yep

Re: Coil Wiring

Bill Hoaglan
Hi Ken

If your battery is negative ground then I hook the negative terminal on coil to the points or the insulated post on the distributor..Yes, the circuit breaker/cut-out wire goes to the ampmeter...The wiring diagram doesn't show it but I like to put an external ground wire between the distributor housing and ground (usually a screw where cut-out is mounted on generator)

Sorry, forgot to mention, the plus terminal on the coil will go to the ign switch.

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yep

The Durant Motors Automobile Club