Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Photographs of your cars.

Alright DMAC members, I'm issuing a challenge to you. I just love to look at the DMAC member's cars. And I don't see any new ones listed in the photograph section of this web site. Sooo I think that if your car is not one of those on the photopage, you need to get a good picture and send it to Rick Botti. And for those who are in the process of restoring their car. Lets see those in progress photographs also. You just might encourage someone who has reached a stopping point to continue. With over 400 members, there should be more car pictures there. What do you say are you up to the challenge?

Re: Photographs of your cars. ! New !

I've just added a new set of pictures to the Durant Photograph page. Take a look at the beautiful D-66 owned by by Gino Pulvirenti of Italy.

Rick

Re: Photographs of your cars.

I did send new pics. to the Durant registry website for someone to update my pic. twice, no response. Jim

Jim, Send me your photos at:

webmaster@durantmotors.com

Re: Photographs of your cars. - New 407 Posted -

New picture of a 1930 407 Sedan owned by Jack & Mary Connor posted on the Durant Photo page.

Rick

Hi Rick, sent pictures to you! Jim

Wow Jim, That's one beautiful Durant!
I'll post them tonight when I get home.

Rick

Two more additions to the Photographs page.

Jim Glover's 1930 Durant
Flint Dille's 1925 Flint

Rick

Just added a 1927 Star model R Sedan that Lance Haynes built. Rick

OK Fellow DMAC members so far so good, Rick has gotten some pictures of some beautiful Durant vehicles, but there is room for more, don't be shy and think you car isn't good enough. Any car is good enough, and is a real help and inspiration to those currently doing restorations.

Hi guys, I just sent a couple of pictures to Mike and Rick. Hope everyone enjoys them.

I just added Bill DeVries's 1923 Star to the Star Page.

Thanks Bill.

Rick

Just added Sid Semple's 1930 Durant 614. I've included both before and current pictures.

Rick

Now everyone that gets discouraged at the old gal out in the garage (not the wife, but the Durant) just take a look at Sid Semple's progress. If he can take a car that was in the condition it was in and turn it into a fine car, then you can too! There sure is a lot of tallent in the DMAC. Keep up the great work Sid

I've just added pictures of Barry White's 1929 Rugby Roadster to the Rugby page.

Rick

We're on a roll here so send me more pictures everyone

Rick

OK DMAC members, your wimping out on me. Rick's received about 5 or so pictures out of the 400+ members we have. I know that some of you already have your ole gal up there on the website, but many many more do not. It only takes a minute to snap a picture and email it to Rick and I know you probably alreay have that picture of your car somewhere. Don't let me down now!

Re: Re: Photographs of your cars.

Hi Everyone I enjoy the picture section too. Question. All I have is old fashion picts. Can I send copies by snail mail? Thanks Pat

Hi Pat,

I'd love to post pictures of your Durant to the DMAC website.
I can scan whatever you send and mail them back when I'm finished.

Send to:

Rick Botti
4845 Iris Terrace
Fremont, CA 94555-2718

Just added pictures of Nicolas Scaparone's 1929 Rugby Truck. He's just started his project.

Rick

Just now added pictures (from the 1960's) of Jim Greenamyer's 1926 Flint.

Rick

Good job with the old pictures Rick...hope everyone enjoys them as much as I do theirs! Thanks to all involved.

Just added pictures of Jim Foster's beautiful 1923 Star Touring Car.

Rick

Added pictures of a beautiful 1929 Durant Model 60 Deluxe 4 Door Sedan owned by Stephen Martin.

Rick

Thanks Rick for posting John Fosters Star!! I will let him know it is up there, so he can tell the rest of his family!!

Where Are You From? users.adelphia.net/~catart/DurantHome.html

Remember if you don't know how to scan a picture in or don't have a scanner, just mail the picture to Rick and he will take care of the scanning. It's summer in most of the DMAC world, so if you don't have a picture your satisfied with use one of these beautiful days to take the gal out and find a spot to snap that photo. The photo's are starting to come in, so keep up the momentum!

I just added 8 pictures of Ricardo Colombo's 1928 Rugby Touring car. This is the same car you read about in the June issue of the Durant Partner.

Rick

New!!

Just added pictures of Bert Babick's 1927 Star Sedan taken at this year's DMAC Annual Meet in Santa Rosa, California.

Rick

Just when you thought it was over, nope there's more!

Just added pictures of Wayne Farrand's 1931 Durant Model 619.

Rick

Just added pictures of Murray Spear's 1926 Rugby Touring car.

Rick

Just updated pictures of Gary Yelle's DeVaux.

Rick

Just update pictures of JACK & CHERYL MALPASS's 1923 DURANT SPORT TOURING.

Rick

Well fellow Durantonians, I see that you are stepping up to the plate and taking the challenge. We can't let Rick rest on his laurels can we? Send him those pictures! Of the pictures I've seen so far, DMAC members really have some reason to be proud of their cars. What really is astounding is the fact that most of these cars were restored by individuals, and not professional restoration companies. I think the best AACA judge could not tell the difference. You can really tell the labor of love that has gone into sprucing the ole gals up and saving the name of Durant for all those to see in the future. Don't be shy now, keep those pictures coming to Rick. Everyone is really enjoying them, I know I am.

Alright Durantonians your stepping up to the challenge. We can't let Rick rest on his laurels can we? Keep those pictures coming. I've been looking over the photographs and let me tell you I'm amazed at the quality of restorations being done by individuals out there. I bet an AACA judge could not tell the difference in many of your restorations and one done by a professional restoration company. You sure can tell that it's a labor of love for many of you. I'm sure everyone is enjoying looking at fellow club members cars, I know I am. Every one of the DMAC members that has a Durant product should have a picture posted in the picture section. Even if they are not fully restored you can put one in the projects section of the photographs. I know that everyone has a photo of the ole gal sitting around. Keep up the great momentum and get those pictures in!

After posting the picture at the top of the forum of the Riffault family, I added new pictures of his 614 to the Durant photograph page. One of them shows the car as it appeared in 1968.

Rick

What a beautiful family, with the picture above looks like they stepped right out of the 20's. Remember the family that Durants together, stays together!

I have pics of Durant cars that I have seen at shows or shared with other Durant owners. Can they be posted without their permision? They are really interesting. KN

Keith, There shouldn't be an issue with picture taken in public.

Rick

I've just updated the Durant and Current Projects menus with new pictures of Jose Blasco's 1929 Model 63 Touring Car.

Rick

I just added pictures of a 1929 Model 60 Coupe
Owned by Larry Rockey. The pics show before and during shots of a converted truck being returned to a Coupe. Take a look at the wood work.

The pics are listed on the the Durant and Current Projects pages.

Rick

You DMAC members are coming through. I knew you could step up to the challenge. But don't stop now, keep those pictures coming! I know there is a lot more member's cars that are not up there in those pictures.

Rick muscled up the strength to tell me that this post has broke a record for the most views. That means that there is a lot of you out there that also want to share and enjoy each others fantastic work. We're working him hard with putting thos pictures on the web site, but he says he doesn't mind. It seems that the Devaux, Frontenac, Flint, Locomobile and Dort people are falling a bit behind. I know that there is more of you out there with those brands that haven't submitted your pictures yet. You owe it to the rest of us to see those fine cars!

Rick is not only Great at posting photo's but he is Fast. This is in regards to the last photo posting of Reg Bent's 1930 Rugby 407 Touring. Thanks Rick for being so quick.
Ken Brink

I would like to see more Rugby pictures.

Rick

I just updated pictures of Lance Haynes 1927 Star Deluxe Model R Sedan. They now include the Before pics and new After pics. Links on both Star and Before and After pages have been updated.

Rick

Another update folks, this time it's a 1930 Durant model 407 owned by Charlie Spitz.

Rick

More pictures added, this time they are of a 1924 Star Touring Car Owned by Tom Schwab

Rick

Just added fresh pictures of a 1929 Durant Model 60
four door sedan owned by Steve Mercier.

Rick

You know the DMAC is the greatest auto club out there! You can't tell me that the members don't step up to the challenge! Look at all the beautiful cars that we have in this club, and you guys (and gals) can be very proud of them and your work. What tallent this club has! I challenge anyone to put many of your restorations next to any White Post or Hibernia etc professional restoration shop and tell the difference. But we can't slow down now. With over 400 members in this club there is a lot more cars that need to be added. If it's a completed restoration or even if it's in the process of a restoration there is a before and after photo section also. Just send the before picture in now, and you can later send in the after. Keep up the great work!

I think this is going to set a website record for number of views to a subject tread. The latest entry are pictures of a 1929 Model 40 Durant Roadster owned by Dan Brueggenjohann. I have a soft spot for roadsters anyway, but I really like the restoration and paint colors.

Rick

Where Are You From? clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/durant/events/Antique%20Autos%20in%20History%20Park%20-%209-11-2005/index.html

Walter Pre sent me pictures of a 1927 Rugby model R Touring Car. It is owned by a gentleman named Angel of Buenos Aires, Argentina. See them now on the Rugby page.

Rick

PS. We can use more Rugby Pictures.

1 2

The Durant Motors Automobile Club