Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Photographs of your cars.

Alright come on you Rugby, Frontenac and Flint owners. I would like to see at least 3 pictures of each make posted by the middle of this week. Can you step up to the challenge or are you wimps? Let's see!

Alright we only have two days and I haven't seen any Rugby, Frontenac or Flint photo's. Someone out there has a car that has not submitted a photo yet, I'm sure. Those areas sure need some sprucing up.

We still need more pictures, Durant's, Stars, Rugbys, Flints are all needed. You can always send them to me via email, but if you'd prefer to mail them, the fastest way is to use my home address listed in the Roster. If you send them to my Post Office box I will still get them, but I'm only able to check it once a week on Saturday.

Rick

Thank you very Much Walter!

I just added pictures of a 1929 Rugby Model 40 Touring Car owned by Raul Berdini of Buenos Aires, Argentina

Pictures and history submitted by Walter Pré

Rick

So far this has been a record for views to any one subject and as a result we've increased the number of pictures in all categories. We still need more photographs of all cars, but I think that Rugby's are still underrepresented. Some think that they are simply Stars made for export, but your emails to me have proven that there are differences, in both features and body manufacture.

The more pictures the better, as it will aid all owners and future owners as well. Now I know some of you think that your car has to be perfect, or a trailer queen, well that's just not so. All pictures tell a story and educate others as well.

So please send more.

Rick Botti
Your Webmaster

Alright Durantonians, you disappointed me. We only had one Rudby photo in last weeks challenge. Where are you Flint Owners or Frontenac owners? As Rick said it doesnt' matter if you think your car isn't perfect. Believe me it will inspire others and can be used to study for those who are restoring a car and may need to see one to look at parts, accessories etc. If you are in the process of restoring it and have it apart, I know that you have taken pictures of your progress. Send them to rick also, so he can put them in the photograph section under Before & After, or Current Projects. I've visited other car club web sites like the Packard Club, and they have hundreds of their member's cars pictured in the photgraph section. Obviously by the number of views for this listing you all are anxious to see the cars. Let's get going with those pictures!

A new addition to the Photographs section can be found by clicking on the Rugby button. You'll find a beautiful picture of a 1926 Touring Car owned by Ramiro Pinto of Pombal, Portugal

Rick

Re: Photographs of your cars. #New

I Just added pictures of 1923 Durant A-22 Sport Touring Car owned by Bob Carter of Bucyrus, Ohio.

Thanks Bob!

Rick

A new addition to the Star section.

This time a 1924 Star Roadster owned by Alfred Griffith of Oakland, California. This car was owned by Bob Abarta a long time DFR and DMAC member until his passing a few years ago. Alfred finished the work Bob wanted to do by giving the car fresh paint and nickel plating and a new set of tires.

Rick

It's truley a good day for new Durant pictures

Bill Hoaglan just sent me pictures of a 1923 Sedan, the second of two 1923 Sedans on our website. This one is owned by J.C. and Dorothy Tintinger of Greenacres, Washington.

Thanks Bill,

Rick

I just posted both pictures and an interesting story of 1925 Star Special Sedan owned by Gerald Eckland, who's origianl owner apparently got cold feet and left town, leaving her husband to be at the alter.

Rick

More pictures posted, this time a 1923 Star Depot Hack owned Louis Quenneville. He's got a big project there, but it looks like he's well on his way to completion.

Rick

Past saturday i did send to Rick a set of pictures of a Rugby Touring 1928 owned by Edgardo Botta from San Franciasco / Cordoba / Argentina
Nice car ....
By

OK Durantonians, it's been awhile since you have heard from me here. I think your slowing down and need a boost. I know that there are over 400 members in this here fine club of ours, and I also know that there aren't 400 pictures yet in the photo section. So let's get going and send in those pictures. Remember it doesn't matter if they are restored or still sitting gathering dust, just pick your best picture, which I know you have, and send them in to Rick. There aren't many car guys that don't have pictures of his other women somewhere in the house, the one he spends all his other time with in the garage so let's get those pictures in. It's great to see all the Durant/Rugby products still alive in Argentina and in such great shape. Pictures, Pictures send more pictures!

Just posted picturs of a 1928 Rugby Touring Car
owned by Edgardo Botta of San Francisco City, Cordoba, Argentina.

Thanks to Walter Pre for sending them to me.

Rick

1.Updated pictures of a 1929 D66 Sedan owned by Phil and Maureen Donoghoe
of McKellar, ACT, Australia
2. Added new pictures of a 1929 model 66 Coupe and a 1929 model 63 Sedan both owned by Gary Kauffman of Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
3. Fixed broken link to 1923 Star owned by Jeff & John Lewis of Renton, Washington

Rick

Added pictures of two 1927 Star Roadsters owned by Robert Krayer of Levittown, Pennsylvania

Rick

Just added a 1925 Star Model F Touring Car
owned by Chuck Faulkner of Riverside, California

Rick

Hey since we posted this we have received a lot of photographs of members cars both finished and in progress. But there is a lot of members out there who have not submitted a photo of their car yet. As you can see with the number of views for this posting all your fellow members would like to see your car photos also. We have over 400 members in the DMAC and we do not have 400 photographs yet. Common don't be shy!

ALright, It's time for a few more of you to send Rick some pictures. I know not everyone has submitted a picture of their cars yet. Let's try to add a few more!

We're still needing more photographs of your cars, so come on and send them in to Rick for posting on the site. I know that every member that has a car has a photograph of it taken sometime, so don't be shy or think you restoration of car is not worth, we want to see all of them!

OK Durantonians it's been well over a year since I posted this originally, and the initial responce was great BUT, where are all the pictures? I know that there are still many of you lurking out there who think you car isn't worthy yet to be included or just think the ole gal out in the garage has got a few miles on her or isn't perfect, but listen WE WANT TO SEE THOSE PICTURES! How many of you have started your restorations or are in the process of restoring that car and I know you've taken pictures, come on, I know car guys. Let's send more pictures in to Rick for posting. If you notice how many hits or people have looked at this posting it is one of the highest posting that have been looked at since this forum has started. That means all of you also want to see more pictures. It does not matter if she's still got the original paint on her or she's in primer! More pictures, more pictures more pictures!

Do You own a car built by Durant? Almost

hey members, keep the cameras going to get the parts shots for gary's up and coming model identification guide....slow but steady progress is being made....regards, gary k

Hi,
Many weeks ago I sended to Rick, pictures of a D65 Durant and a very nice history of Rau Collection Museum in Argentina for the "Photographs" section.
and The "Rugby Tango" for the "Special Interest" section , please Rick if you needs another copy by mail, only tell me

Thanks
Walter

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes Touring M2 1928 and M4 1929

Re: Re: Photographs of your cars.

Hi...just inquiring if we have a model identification guide available? As I review the membership roster I find that I am the only entry with a 1930 6-12. How many were made? Thanks for all help . george s.

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

George .. check the serial number listing in this site or the other Durant site. Looks like no one knows the 1930 612 numbering and 1931 is L-1001 to L-2000.
Guess you are like me and a few others who have no idea of number of our cars made and hwo many still exist.
Norm

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

Hi Rick,
I sent you pics several months ago in an email of my 1931 Devaux Sports Sedan. If you need me to resend, let me know.

Thanks,
Dennis

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 Devaux Sports Sedan

Hi Dennis,

I found them, sorry for the delay. My computer's email program crashed around the same time uou sent me your picsm and I had to archive mail up to 5/01. I found yours in my archive file.

I guess I should let my inbox never get more than 2000 emails full or bad stuff happens.

Your pics are now on the Devaux page as well as the Current Projects page.

Rick

Speaking of pictures, It's time again to request all new members that have joined since this thread was started to send pictures of their cars to Rick so they can be put on the web site. Many have joined with new cars, and some restorations have been completed like Ed's Star. Send in those pictures so Rick can update the list. I even know of a few new Flint's that we have not seen before!

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

hey rick, delete the 4 door sedan photos and leave just the 1929 model 70 coupe....frank bought the 614....as usual

1 2

The Durant Motors Automobile Club