AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
w/s scam
Some a-hole has just called me three times in the last five minutes to "order" a bunch of windshields and just like previously described here and in trade magazines, get us to wire money for shipping. These idiots just keep trying. He was so foreign, he didn't even...
Views: 626   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 5, 2006 4:53pm
by Sglass
b
bqa
lilbuddy/aegis solo
has anyone used these? they look awkward to use but i can't find a demo tried the lilbuddy site and the demo doesn't work. would like to find a human helper but with the oil and gas boom we are experiencing it is hard to find someone to work with no experience for le...
Views: 880   Replies: 22
Last Post: Oct 5, 2006 4:44pm
by justapud
Huge victory!
Way to go Glass Service, and Chuck Loyd. If you haven't read the article on glass bytes, do so. Here in MN arbitration is working! It's got me thinking,,, statute of limitations,,, hmmm 7 years,,,, short pays,, good go for it tpa's and ins co's,,,I wonder if the ind...
Views: 723   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 5, 2006 3:55pm
by CCC
b
bqa
webmaster
why don't you put an option on here to ignore certain users? so that you don't have to waste time reading their posts. i have been on other sites where you can do that.
Views: 470   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 5, 2006 8:51am
by uguys crack me u...
Phone book Addd..za!
What is up with this phone book racket. They have five different phone books for the same area. I'm looking online, and of course the big guy's have full page color in every one. Is this just my area? You have to do something in everyone?.... Oh and you have to be in...
Views: 732   Replies: 22
Last Post: Oct 4, 2006 4:26pm
by Glass Lady
Any General Liability Company suggestions?
It's time to re-new. Want to look at options. Does anyone have a recommedation for a company in our industry? Or who not to would be good too. Thanks!
Views: 430   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 4, 2006 3:31pm
by Capt. Ron (Shop ...
r
ralph
we aren't the only ones feeling the pinch of this economy
i hope you people are happy, you should feel guilty, the poor insurance companies profits are down by 9.3 percent for the first half of the year. Most of the losses come from the investment sector, luckily, and you can all rest well, the first half net income was a m...
Views: 529   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 4, 2006 11:30am
by Hawk
l
L.W.
Fun things to do that have nothing to do with glass
For any of you who are in Oshkosh, WI. on Thursday night or Chicago, Il. on Friday night. I recommend going out to see The Randy Rogers Band. They are probably the biggest draw around Austin, TX. when it comes to regional country music. If you like Pat Green or J...
Views: 767   Replies: 32
Last Post: Oct 4, 2006 11:21am
by L.W.
x
xxx
We should all go fishin!!
Just sent some fishin pics to the master and we'll see if he can get them in here,,, GOOD LUCK AGAIN GLASSSGOD, Stay sorta sober, don't fall out of the boat, and bring back some pics for us to see!!!!
Views: 515   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 4, 2006 9:48am
by Capt. Ron (Shop ...
Where to find Techs (Any Techs out there want to move to Florida?)
I've been in business in the same county since 1991.I'm expanding into other counties and being a mobile only shop without a location in a county.I'm not sure how to go about finding the right long term people. Does anyone have an idea on obtaining local employees?...
Views: 701   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 4, 2006 8:50am
by Glass Lady
a
AGN
What is the best way to.....
Hey! What is the best way to file your business? LLC, S-Corp, Inc. ??? How are most of you filed and why? In our phone book many of the one man shops seem to be LLCs.
Views: 670   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 4, 2006 12:14am
by AH-A/G
Views: 517   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 3, 2006 9:51pm
by GLASSSGOD
Just have to laugh.
At all of you feeding off of your emotions based on the current condition our industry is in. We have re evaluated out business plan to remain viable and profitable. It works for us. Frustration, anger, disappointment are all emotions I have experienced...but if you...
Views: 754   Replies: 19
Last Post: Oct 3, 2006 9:50pm
by GLASSSGOD
Where does keystone buy their glass from.......
And who told them they could sell it to my bodyshops?!!!! Sons of guns. Like there isn't enough stuff going on that now we have to combat this.
Views: 583   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 3, 2006 9:31pm
by AH-A/G
h
Hawk
MYGRANT DELIVERY FEE
Not sure of the effective day, but the independents supplier Mygrant the one that isn't in comepetion with you, will lower delivery fee from $2.50 to $1.50. Hey every little bit helps, and it shows again that they do care about us, I think they are the first ones to...
Views: 541   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 3, 2006 7:21pm
by ag
d
Derek
Instrust Insurance Group
Anyone ever do any work for Instrust Insurance group. I have MY customer in the shop today that has a policy with them. They want 40. flat on labor, 15% off nags, and twenty for kit. They're tell me if i don't comply the job will be steered, as they will tell MY c...
Views: 479   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 3, 2006 6:48pm
by IB
b
Brian
1999 GMC Jimmy SLE
Wondering the difference between the two backglasses for this vehicle: DB9193(Full Lift Gate) and DB8693. PPG couldn't tell me the difference, the only said the 9193 is for the full lift gate. Can anyone help??
Views: 539   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 3, 2006 6:33pm
by Brian
2003 Suburban liftgate hinges
2nd one in a month. And i've seen this on the s-10 blazers also. Where the encapsulation on the glass breaks away from the hinges. I just sell the customer a new back glass with the 'new' style hinges. But, does anyone know if this is a recall issue. All vehicles wer...
Views: 285   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 3, 2006 4:44pm
by magician
g
GSB
06 TOYOTA TUNDRA
I HAVE A TOYOTA TUNDRA 06 BACK GLASS POWER UP AND DOWN AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS ABOUT ANY INFO AND HELP WOULD BE GREAT DOING JOB MONDAY AFTERNOON
Views: 575   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 3, 2006 3:30pm
by BG2
t
TM
Mygrant price increase
I was just notified that Mygrant will announce another 3 1/2% increase soon. The latest NAGS update showed a decrease yet the insurers have lowered their reimbursements. How many of you are continue to go along with this? What ever happend to NAGS stating that the...
Views: 520   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 3, 2006 9:02am
by Glass Lady
i love flat glass
mo money mo money mo money 80 bucks an hr labor 300% mark up on glass o and did i mention its gravey work i think ill change my name to biscut
Views: 444   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 3, 2006 1:13am
by uguys crack me u...
m
Mark1
Insurers don't repair vehicles...
Fancy that...and they don't guarantee repairs...and they even stand right up and say so. In court, when they're being sued, that is, and point right at their partner shop. Only worked half-good this time, because the shop was pointing at the insurer. It only wo...
Views: 448   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 2, 2006 9:27pm
by MarkFP
m
Mark1
AIG to Refund $14 Million in Florida Settlement
It seems little is sacred, even overcharging for Terrorism insurance. Geeeeezzz...didn't they get the fax with the "Fair and Reasonble rates for Terrorism insurance for your area"??? http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/southeast/2006/09/27/72826.htm
Views: 445   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 2, 2006 9:18pm
by ralph
ags(belron)glasspro
The reason it is slow in the midwest is because of belron slowly getting am fam and many other sgc and lynx work.Sorry to say but it will only get worse.Cash jobs for sure,same old basic sheilds for 165.00 installed(great).
Views: 787   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 2, 2006 6:10pm
by GlassWoman
m
mary
Just a thought
Lance, There was once a very wise man that said, Through history this is known to be fact: "Capitalism without morals leads to Destruction" A warning that was given to the Poland when they defeated communisim and became a free and independant country Why wis...
Views: 628   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 2, 2006 12:27pm
by j
t
TM
Urethane Reimbursement
We have been using the Sika MoveIt product which seems to be very good but with the low reimbursements from the insurers we are taking a loss on each application. Any other suggestions of a urethane for a cold weather climate that is less expensive, and how much...
Views: 604   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 2, 2006 12:18pm
by Glass Lady
s
SB
Diamond Fuel charges is GREAT news but what's the plan?
I think that seeing a big company take such a bold move should be commended for paving the way not ridiculed. I have not seen this program and I am hoping for one someone to provide the specifics. Like, are the charges for all types of accounts across the board? Is i...
Views: 460   Replies: 16
Last Post: Oct 2, 2006 8:07am
by SB
lieferman crash and burn - predictions?
This is what apoge was trying to avoid in the first place. Their ship was going down and they knew it. SO they sold it off to a guy who knew nothing of the auto glass industry and he completely sunk it. Now the name is available to the highest bidder and Im sure belr...
Views: 496   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 1, 2006 11:14pm
by glassrat
01 Toyota Landcruiser - FW 2074
Is this like the Lexus with rivit side mouldings? ANy tips would be greatly appreciated.
Views: 542   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 1, 2006 5:09pm
by d-boy
m
Mark1
State Farm Employees Must Testify....
Ok, so State Farm does not want its employees to testify because it wants to protect their privacy, because they might incriminate themselves when they testify? Allright, fine. Question is, was this smart? http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/mld/ledgerenquirer/n...
Views: 436   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 1, 2006 4:02pm
by Mark1
m
Mark1
Insurer Owned Repair Shops In Texas
If you're following this, this is getting very interesting, for a variety of reasons. Latest info: http://princetonautobody.com/Docs/PDF/ASA_US5th.pdf
Views: 303   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 1, 2006 1:57am
by ralph
m
Mark1
Allstate CA Rate Hikes Under Fire
Some things to consider when you are told you are only allowed a gross markup of X% past cost. See what Allstate wants for a gross "profit" (not markup) on premiums, not counting their investment income. http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=73516
Views: 464   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 30, 2006 10:53pm
by d-boy
r
rob
Harmon
Trouble in paradise?? http://www.winonadailynews.com/articles/2006/09/30/news/00lead.txt
Views: 413   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 30, 2006 3:15pm
by Lance Storm
Views: 448   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 30, 2006 12:09pm
by AGN
trash talk Diamond and Safelite
People trash talk diamond and safelite here and try to rain on their parade because they have no parade of their own..obviously. If you did have a parade you wouldn't be in here trash talking them. Ever noticed how much they don't care? I guess I don't notice many re...
Views: 606   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 30, 2006 7:54am
by happy xd-t
Alliance Claims Solutions
Anyone heard of or done work for this company? Looking for info on their track record paying on claims, etc.......
Views: 1132   Replies: 42
Last Post: Sep 29, 2006 11:03pm
by glassincs
a
ag
0 jobs
loc@sacto,ca. its been two days already no jobs at all. how about u guys and ladys out there.
Views: 632   Replies: 25
Last Post: Sep 29, 2006 5:49pm
by Mark1
Payment for tempered 'clean up'
Just wondering if anyone here has been 'ballsy' enough to ask any of the networks for compensation for cleaning (vaccum) tempered glass? NOW WAIT a minute... of course i clean up all the tempered glass for door lites and backglasses.. ALLWAYS HAVE... AND OF COURS...
Views: 780   Replies: 19
Last Post: Sep 29, 2006 4:18pm
by xxx
BEWARE OF 2007 VW RABBIT... Details inside
Ok get this, so i go to all this trouble to find an OEM windshield for a new rabbit i go to all the trouble of ordering it ETC.. and what do i get 1 ******* hour labor for the windshield! what in the hell is this! I will never EVER work on one of these again how the...
Views: 915   Replies: 16
Last Post: Sep 29, 2006 3:49pm
by Lance Storm
l
L.W.
How many times
have you had to explain to customers what quench marks are.
Views: 360   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 29, 2006 3:48pm
by L.W.
Is that a deer in your windshield, or are u just happy to see me..
i've done replacements for deer breakage, angry spouses, bricks, even did a replacement for a GOOSE that was STUCK half-in-half-out of the windshield on the side of Interstate 12. On the side of the highway! DOT shut this dude....DOWN.... that was years ago thou....
Views: 579   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 29, 2006 8:28am
by uguys crack me u...
it was fun.....
for a minute, but LW, give it up, if Bryan wishes this forum to be columnized or broken into separate forums for specific types of questions, he would have done it a long while ago. It wouldn't work here, I believe, it may work on the repair forum but a little diffe...
Views: 323   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 29, 2006 7:34am
by Glass Lady
Views: 292   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 28, 2006 8:13pm
by L.W.
a
AGN
National Auto Glass Conference & EXPO
Do any of you plan on attending the National Auto Glass Conference & EXPO in February? I was thinking about going because April '07 is my target date for going solo. I was just wondering if it is a waste of time or not.
Views: 519   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 28, 2006 2:12pm
by glassgirl
s
Sglass
A Little Moral Support Please
Did you ever have a day where: Lynx calls and wants to dispatch you a job where the part is net priced higher then they will pay you? You call to confirm a SGC net job only to find out Safelite already went there to do it? (The insured thought it was you.) A per...
Views: 493   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 28, 2006 1:46pm
by Hawk
a
AGuy
2000 Porsche Boxster
I have a 2000 Porsche Boxster coming in for a w/s replacement in pointers on installation. Thnxs
Views: 293   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 28, 2006 7:28am
by OMG
gm dealer
hey guys waduya make of this one of my gm dealers came to me with a list of incomplete nags w/s part #'s it had no sufixes ie gbn, gby he wanted me to write down the rest of the part #,s it include prices from another local shop the guy at the dealer showed me an...
Views: 361   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 27, 2006 3:55pm
by Hawk
hey lee you can bend glass?
i saw your post on sunday work it said you have a glass bending oven we service a hot rod shop that wants to chop cars with out laying down/sloping the back glasses hope that makes sense can you bend glass both directions what about tempering can you do that too o...
Views: 366   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 27, 2006 3:50pm
by Lee
Cheap
One more hack to ruin the industry. http://www.azfamily.com/news/3oys/stories/KTVK3OYs20060915_dirt-cheap.12af3ae8.html
Views: 2464   Replies: 51
Last Post: Sep 27, 2006 2:09pm
by Glass Lady
s
Sglass
I nominate Mark 1
I would like to nominate Mark 1 for this months best post & reply award. I find Mark’s posts to be well thought out, informative( ok..ok maybe a little long winded at times) but he states what he believes and is not offesive to anyone. I don’t always ag...
Views: 546   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 27, 2006 12:11pm
by J Armstead

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com