This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
needing help says forbidden to see website

I was working on my website this morning, changed a few things around after saving change and clicking on to preview website a message came up saying
Sorry! You are not authorized to view this page..
I don't understand why it would say this when I just got done working on my site. please help me Thank You
Amy
Ohio

Re: needing help says forbidden to see website

Are you working with a free web site? If so, try reading this post on not authorized to view website.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....

Seems very, very likely that the 5 mb quota is your problem. I viewed a cached version of your page at Google. On this page you have an image that looks a bit like this:
Photobucket
except the proportions have been altered to make the dog much too tall and thin.
Except the image above is 2873 bytes. Your image is a 2 megabyte monster, eating up 40% of the webspace allowed for your files.

Always resize an image before uploading.

I always used to tell people to upload pix to their site but with this limit I would suggest putting all images into a photo album under the same account. I think that is what Bravenet expect you to do anyway.

For the text element of a site 5meg is pretty big, its the graphics that eat space.

A 2meg picture sounds as if you took it straight off your digital camera. That is print quality, one twentieth of that size would still be enough to fill the screen.

Browser: firefox