AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Who is Coast to Coast

Cal how we going to hurt you by competing in your market? As Chevy Chase once said in Caddy Shack where not in Russia right Danny.

I have been in the business for almost 14 years, and I have checked into this company. I have not been able to find who "owns" the company, but I learned today who one of the "Principles" of the company is. He is actually a very good guy. I knew him and his family a few years ago and they are 100% legitimate. They are not some fly-by-night group. They have actually been in business for years and know what they are doing.

At $60 per install, they can keep it! I'll stay home and eat bon bons.

So that makes them a good company , Who is it?

I mean We know Feeny does that make Belron a Good company?

Again I'm not bashing C2C so please keep your nasty emails to your self.

We have had bad experiences w/ Pilk CSR's,and Reps. I refuse to purchase directly from them.

Aren’t these the same guys that sued State Farm over referrals and then settled by agreeing to accept State Farm pricing?

c2c you are #2 in fbi list

this company coast to coast ,lifeguard ,maxs auto glass ,mayors are been investigating by fbi ,fraud in florida they going down down crooks

STT = FOS

I didn't realize that the FBI had a list for businesses? Where is that exactly?

If a state is investigating, it comes from the AG's office. They recommend state/local charges or involve the feds if it is warranted.

You sound like a disgruntled competitor or ex-employee.

What type of sales tatics do they use to get work?

NYY-Do they rent space in malls or just hang around looking for cracked windshields? Do they pay the techs and installers by the job? What type of pricing high/low/middle? Any info is appreciated thanks

I have witnessed on several different occasions these guys talking customers into windshield replacements with nothing wrong with the windshield at all! My neighbor was a "victim" 2 weeks ago. My shop was called by an insurance company on behalf of one of their policy holders not being comfortable with C2C doing the work after they talked him into 2 replacements. So we accepted the work, and we get out to his house and neither one of his windshields were broken.

it is not just coast to coast doing this. here in az we have plenty of glass companies who file fraudulent claims. they convince customers to replace w/s's because of small scratches, rock pits or enven because of discolored aftermarket tint strips( this is the same excuse they use to replace tempered peices also). i know because i have had loyal customers come in anf have us do the work. they are told that it is unsafe to drive with these so called damages and that the glass with fly of, break, cave in. or any other scare tactic possible.
since the companies pay their reps a commision they will anything to sell a w/s or 20

Coast to Coast, We will be watching you here in Carolina.

All I know is that the money they pay you to install for them isn't worth the B.S you have to put up with, they were a nightmare to work for!!!

Actually, Coast to Coast is licensed and operates in AZ, FL, MA, NY, SC but they're expanding. They use Pilkington glass and their own installers -- they don't sub out the work. They also do chip repairs and are really developing that service for customers, which is good. I know they're at gas stations, car washes, etc. but you know what -- I like the business model - it's legit -- if they weren't confident in their work and product, they wouldn't offer a lifetime warranty. They're not afraid to sell and promote themselves, and instead of hiring a flashy advertising agency or something, they use a live sales person who can answer questions, help with the ins. stuff -- sounds like a good, old fashioned American business to me, but that's just me.

Glass Girl
Actually, Coast to Coast is licensed and operates in AZ, FL, MA, NY, SC but they're expanding. They use Pilkington glass and their own installers -- they don't sub out the work. They also do chip repairs and are really developing that service for customers, which is good. I know they're at gas stations, car washes, etc. but you know what -- I like the business model - it's legit -- if they weren't confident in their work and product, they wouldn't offer a lifetime warranty. They're not afraid to sell and promote themselves, and instead of hiring a flashy advertising agency or something, they use a live sales person who can answer questions, help with the ins. stuff -- sounds like a good, old fashioned American business to me, but that's just me.

Their lifetime warranty is useless if they're not around tomorrow regardless of their CONFIDENCE.

Yololli
Glass Girl

Their lifetime warranty is useless if they're not around tomorrow regardless of their CONFIDENCE.

You're right Yololli. But, Pilkington also has its own warranty, and they're definitely not going anywhere. To me, it just doesn't seem like Coast to Coast is either - they're expanding and generating buzz. A lot of the negatives seem to come from jealousy or because people don't know them, but that's just my opinion. I feel like Coast to Coast is actively out there in the market (everytime I come on these boards, they're entering into or are talking about another market. I think that if they grow like they seem to want to, Coast to Coast could perhaps compete with Safelite - not now, by someday. Seems good for the market and industry - more options for customers, jobs for installers, work for sales people, customer service positions, etc. We definitely need that now!

Well over here they seemed to find the bottom feeders of the industry to do their work. They guys they hired here are the ones that nobody would take. One of them is so bad that he spent the last 2 years installing DirecTV instead of glass and he has no drivers license. I really hope they are confident in his work!
Since when did Pilkington allow glass shops to store their vans at the Pilk locations? Maybe I should start leaving mine there too. If you are gonna run a glass business, then run a glass business. I'm not worried about them, I've seen how they operate.

C2C compete with Belron, hahah lmao. Thats the funniest thing I have heard today.

OK, SC Glassman - that seem's unreal. They're not a rinky dink hokey 1-man, 2-man, 3-man show. No way, any ins. company would cover a driver w/o license. Coast 2 Coast has something like 10+ vans/installers in the Columbia and surrounding markets. They seem buttoned up too, and it's easy to confirm - they have tons of local licenses/permits they've gotten for Columbia and surrounding cities/counties. Can you honestly say the same for yourself? You need to fact check before making comments on here.

First off, I've been in this industry over 20 years and know all the locals here and in Charlotte. I also know who they got working for them in Florida as I had 3 shops there and am very well connected there. Also I was an ops manager at Pilk for a while. Oh yeah, My good bud works in the Atty Generals office. So if there is info to verify, Its not issue here. I will not post the guys name who has no license out of respect for him but lets just say its been suspended numerous times for DUI and not paying child support. Maybe C2C should do a better job checking their employees before they hire them. I also know who is to be considered bottom of the barrel here as well. Facts are facts.

By the way, Any employer could put a guy on the payroll with no license and a record a mile long and their insurance company would never know, Well until it was too late. Yes, C2C is larger than I am and so what. I can manage what I have very well. The laughs on them anyway..........I know my techs are good.

AHAG
C2C compete with Belron, hahah lmao. Thats the funniest thing I have heard today.

Actually its not that funny, if they can get some of their managment issues worked out they have a very good chance of competing with Belron, down the road! and yes they do have the money to back them.
As far as their installers go it's just like any other big glass shop you have some good and some bad, and god knows that good old Belron has way more bad then good!!!

It would appear they have a few more problems than “management issues”. LMAO

“Twenty-one year old Jenna Parslow has been charged with two counts of criminal mischief. According to a Hernando County sheriff's report, Parslow works for Coast to Coast Auto Glass and the company drives her to a different part of Tampa Bay every day. Her job is to scour parking lots, looking for cracked windshields. For every repair Parslow books she gets $45.00.”

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local/story/Cops-say-woman-broke-windshields-to-attract/oxVXbGOTxUu90HLMSf96qg.cspx

Yep! And you have to hear the lines of bull they use to sell the jobs.

Actually, take a look at the related news video clip -that doesn't mention Coast to Coast at all. The article was probably published before TV news hour, and by then they probably verified the truth: this person is NOT an employee of Coast to Coast. It's kind of scary what news articles will publish without verification. Wow!

Bipidy Boo - are you an installer?

Actually, it would appear the news article was updated after the news hour; about 7:50 p.m. (oops).

So GG, using your logic, the print article would be more accurate, right?

And, the real question is, WAS she an employee at the time of this incident...not IS she an employee now. Wouldn't you agree? :)

Of course, she is innocent until proven guilty.

Yes, you're right R - innocent until proven guilty. It's so strange because I've always read and been told that if someone tries to actually intentionally crack a windshield, it usually shatters - not cracks. It's kind of weird that anyone can make a crack, right? I'm not too technical - do you know?

Now that is some funny stuff!
and glass girl no a windshield is not going to shatter. you must be one of the sales reps because thats the line of B.S. that they tell customers. Oh and yes it is coast to coast that she works for!! thats just one more thing that the federal investigaion can add on to the list. see ya C2C....

Here I will help educate you C2C sales people. WIndshields dont shatter, They are laminated safety glass, THEY CRACK. Door glass and back glass is usually tempered and will shatter. And no your Dodge truck windshield wont fall in on your lap if it doesnt have its top molding. Keep up the good work!

Soooo Glass Girl, What say you now??

I cant recall any of my personel being arrested! I thought you only hired the best!!

Karma always gets those who deceive!

Glass Girl, I hope you're kidding. If not, please change name. Coast to Coast glass, brilliant!!!!!

Glass Girl
Yes, you're right R - innocent until proven guilty. It's so strange because I've always read and been told that if someone tries to actually intentionally crack a windshield, it usually shatters - not cracks. It's kind of weird that anyone can make a crack, right? I'm not too technical - do you know?

Glass Girl
Yololli
Glass Girl

You're right Yololli. But, Pilkington also has its own warranty, and they're definitely not going anywhere. To me, it just doesn't seem like Coast to Coast is either - they're expanding and generating buzz. A lot of the negatives seem to come from jealousy or because people don't know them, but that's just my opinion. I feel like Coast to Coast is actively out there in the market (everytime I come on these boards, they're entering into or are talking about another market. I think that if they grow like they seem to want to, Coast to Coast could perhaps compete with Safelite - not now, by someday. Seems good for the market and industry - more options for customers, jobs for installers, work for sales people, customer service positions, etc. We definitely need that now!

Glass Girl,
What's your opinion now of the glorious C2C????? They sure are creating a buzz, did you mean that's the sound that's created when they're breaking somebody's w/s?????? And right again, we surely need that type of company now!

haha Told you guys it was a scam. Lets see who's next.

I saw an article recently where a C2C employee was driven to Tampa to "scout" parking lots for chips or cracks in windshields and was paid for each one she found. Well, she was arrested for actually making chips in the windshields so she could get paid more money. What a scam!

Just because they direct market to the real customer, the vehicle owner, what is the problem with that? This is America which is built on a free enterprise economy. C2C is a company that is bring a fresh sales idea (a change) to an industry that is stale in its business practice. How many AGR businesses are still trying to compete with the sales model that S/L controls and sets the rules? Good luck to C2C for having the vision to take on S/L and force them to honor a new method of servicing the real customers, the vehicle owner.

New Blood
Just because they direct market to the real customer, the vehicle owner, what is the problem with that? This is America which is built on a free enterprise economy. C2C is a company that is bring a fresh sales idea (a change) to an industry that is stale in its business practice. How many AGR businesses are still trying to compete with the sales model that S/L controls and sets the rules? Good luck to C2C for having the vision to take on S/L and force them to honor a new method of servicing the real customers, the vehicle owner.

you are either a new c2c employee or manager, or just dont give a #@%& about the vehical owner. C2C lies to about 85% of their customers to get ther work, they treat there employees like dirt. (no respect, no insurance, bennies, or anything then they tell you you are a dime a dozen) sorry to say in my opinion you have no idea what you are talking about! by the way I dont even think they have workmans comp.

oh yeah i forgot to mention they are molding most of their ideas after safelite, they even ask sl vps for advice on alot of things!!

"lie to 85% of their customers"...? I would like to understand where and/or what data source you used to back up your statement.

Just the other day over at Pilk, Their guys were laughing at the fact the majority of the glass they replace isnt even damaged at all! Sounds honest to me.

okkkk....still does not sound like solid data to justify "85%" comment

ok my bad I truly do appologize about the 85% comment that was a tad over kill! Coast to coast is by far the best glass company to work for in the WORLD!!! oh wait just kidding! today was only 50% lies, and yes I can back that up!!!!!!!!

nohacks
ok my bad I truly do appologize about the 85% comment that was a tad over kill! Coast to coast is by far the best glass company to work for in the WORLD!!! oh wait just kidding! today was only 50% lies, and yes I can back that up!!!!!!!!

okkkk...."back it up"...lets hear the 50%....

@ Glass Girl - Yes you can "crack" a windshield. You can use an awl, leather punch or a screw driver... we do it all the time durring training.

You are right. They replace windhields that are not broken, and their manager Russ is a total *******. He talks to his employees like they are caged animals. I've went in to pick up glass and heard them belittle their installers, calling them names and even asking them if they needed drugs. They hae some good isntallers working for them, but I do nto know how they keep the good ones when they are treated like crap.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com