AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
Who is Coast to Coast

There all over the US and from Arizona IZON people going To Hurt us all over they have money to Spend !!

Re: Who is Coast to Coast

They are contractors from what I understand. A buddy of mine spoke with the owners. They were moving into the LI NY area and looking for subs. Looks like the gas station crew is spreading the disease.....

it is a great business model they have and the money to back it up. kind of like a franchise. you sell and they provde the subs to do the work. they are similar to the car wash people, they eventually get really annoying after a while. sure they will land jobs and might take some from you, but thats business. they were once in the car washes and gas stations here in town and they burne their name and ended up switching to their current name. they had a good number of installers now it s the gypies/subs doing their work.

Gypsies and subs = independents.

I don't think they burnt their name rather the car wash and gas station locations got wise to the game and booted them out in favor of their own people performing the jobs.

This is a good example of a business not following the BS hype of steering and NAGS! They have kept their heads down and implemented a real business strategy - the rest of it doesn't matter.

Perhaps the IGA should have had the IZON/Coast owners speak at the convention.......wake up people.

These people ? http://www.glassc2c.com/index.htm

They really need to fix thier site its crap, The old IZON site was cool and informative.

So lets get this right,

I go out and push the glass for these people and they pay someone else to install it? Or they pay my company to install it and sale it?

See we got hooked up with a deal like this with a company in Houston . They had fleet accounts in our area and they paid us top $$$ to install it for them.

Then they started making sales call to agents and other auto repair shops. Then we got nothing but the really high end (high risk) cars or rock chip repairs . I would catch one of their company truck out installing a chevy truck while my guy is back at the shop installing a Jag and getting paid the same as if it was a truck.

So I filed a complaint with the BBB and local city officials.Come to find out they didnt have a TAx id,or biz permits for this area.

I learned real quick grow my company and stop helping the fly by night guys.

I think anyone who gets involved with a deal like this is crazy. They will send you a few jobs and once you build a good rep for that company and make a name for them then they will become your compition.

You will be the one that built their company and made it all possible. Then they hire on thier own crews to do the work and you are left with the few bucks you made.

Think before you get involved with doing sub work, you are building your competitions company for them.

Lets not build another Safelite .

I interviewed and I specifically asked if this was true that they did not have their license. The headhunter pulled out the license -

I didnt get the job because my driving record was marginal, but someone is passing along bad info.

I am waiting for my 3 years to pass and hoping to land a job this july.
rog

I was not talking about C2C not having a licenses I was speaking about the company in Houston.

For all I know C2C is the best company in the world and plus Mike in NY said I need to be nicer so I'm trying.

My problem is that these companies that operate like this are no different then Safelite ,getting rich off the backs of the one man and independents shops.

When I joked about doing this everyone on this board put me down . These dudes do it and they are the best around and have a good business strategy. Funny how the tables turn.

Maybe it will work for them and hopefully the techs are taken care of and not run to death.

From their web site:

"Our certified technicians use only Original Equipment Equivalent glass - this ensures that the replacement meets the same specifications as the glass that came with your vehicle....

What does that mean... "OEE" exactly?

Survey say.... OEE is:

Vehicle had Saint Gobain (OEM)
OEE = Pilkington or PGW

Templated AG for most new vehicles from across the left pond are that available in the USA.

OEE is not bad.

Correction:

OEE= SGC, XYG
OEM Quality= PPG, Saint Gobain, Pilkington,XXX Etc....

So they are installing junk I assume.

doesn't service auto glass say their product is "oee" also?

Let me make this very clear, the networks are here to stay, we allowed them in and now they will never be out of our lives. However these scum company's that want to use me & my employees to push there crap.. NO THANKS you will never break me. Say no to sub work or you could be saying yes to the end of your business.

Larry - it is called evolution! This industry has remained the same for far too long and guess what, it is changing.

Remember the big and mighty Sears, Kmart, Woolworth, Montgomery Wards and others existed peacefully with mom and pop stores in communities around the country? Then came big box retail and guess what, those mom and pop people along with those other retailers began their new lives at Target, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Costco, etc.

Can't help but notice that the same thing is happening here and it just may be that this model of sub networking is what upsets the TPA model. This could indicate a shift back to the hands of the "glass people" but even then, your acceptance of the TPA cash pipe will forever dictate what you will charge.

DAAAAwwwwwon don dada don dada don don daada don dooon

Is that your Darlin(Darwin) are you in Okc?

I wonder if C2C is in the Chicagoland area?

coast to coast uses pilkington glass, they have a nationwide agreement with them.

Ttech you should really check your sources. You are spewing Bull S--T

We use 90% Pilkington. Now please bash Pilkington.

Cal how we going to hurt you by competing in your market? As Chevy Chase once said in Caddy Shack where not in Russia right Danny.

I have been in the business for almost 14 years, and I have checked into this company. I have not been able to find who "owns" the company, but I learned today who one of the "Principles" of the company is. He is actually a very good guy. I knew him and his family a few years ago and they are 100% legitimate. They are not some fly-by-night group. They have actually been in business for years and know what they are doing.

At $60 per install, they can keep it! I'll stay home and eat bon bons.

So that makes them a good company , Who is it?

I mean We know Feeny does that make Belron a Good company?

Again I'm not bashing C2C so please keep your nasty emails to your self.

We have had bad experiences w/ Pilk CSR's,and Reps. I refuse to purchase directly from them.

Aren’t these the same guys that sued State Farm over referrals and then settled by agreeing to accept State Farm pricing?

Jim
Ttech you should really check your sources. You are spewing Bull S--T

now jim why sooo much anger. if my facts are inccorect, then i will be the first to appologize. however..........
if it is IZON then they use to work under the name Vision auto glass in tucson. they grew very quickly, but ended up switching/burining their name. now you rarley see there name anywhere. the car washed they were at are being worked by another company. this applies to IZON/vision.
i can verify izon, in so az, has purchased their glass from pilk.

They use their own installers.

c2c you are #2 in fbi list

this company coast to coast ,lifeguard ,maxs auto glass ,mayors are been investigating by fbi ,fraud in florida they going down down crooks

STT = FOS

I didn't realize that the FBI had a list for businesses? Where is that exactly?

If a state is investigating, it comes from the AG's office. They recommend state/local charges or involve the feds if it is warranted.

You sound like a disgruntled competitor or ex-employee.

ttech-you'll get a kick out of this

My wife was approached outside of the bank by one of there sales reps. I called the rep. when she got home and scheduled an appointment so I could see how they operate. They called 8 times over a 2 week period to re-schedule.(Before I told them they were a bunch of hacks) It seems the subs are hand picking what areas they want to service and rescheduling areas outside there routes. So there sales guys are stirring up all this work in my town but none of there subs seem to want to travel. In the past couple weeks they've handed me 8-10 jobs.
Thanks Guys GREAT WORK. KEEP IT UP.

What type of sales tatics do they use to get work?

NYY-Do they rent space in malls or just hang around looking for cracked windshields? Do they pay the techs and installers by the job? What type of pricing high/low/middle? Any info is appreciated thanks

I have witnessed on several different occasions these guys talking customers into windshield replacements with nothing wrong with the windshield at all! My neighbor was a "victim" 2 weeks ago. My shop was called by an insurance company on behalf of one of their policy holders not being comfortable with C2C doing the work after they talked him into 2 replacements. So we accepted the work, and we get out to his house and neither one of his windshields were broken.

it is not just coast to coast doing this. here in az we have plenty of glass companies who file fraudulent claims. they convince customers to replace w/s's because of small scratches, rock pits or enven because of discolored aftermarket tint strips( this is the same excuse they use to replace tempered peices also). i know because i have had loyal customers come in anf have us do the work. they are told that it is unsafe to drive with these so called damages and that the glass with fly of, break, cave in. or any other scare tactic possible.
since the companies pay their reps a commision they will anything to sell a w/s or 20

Coast to Coast, We will be watching you here in Carolina.

All I know is that the money they pay you to install for them isn't worth the B.S you have to put up with, they were a nightmare to work for!!!

Actually, Coast to Coast is licensed and operates in AZ, FL, MA, NY, SC but they're expanding. They use Pilkington glass and their own installers -- they don't sub out the work. They also do chip repairs and are really developing that service for customers, which is good. I know they're at gas stations, car washes, etc. but you know what -- I like the business model - it's legit -- if they weren't confident in their work and product, they wouldn't offer a lifetime warranty. They're not afraid to sell and promote themselves, and instead of hiring a flashy advertising agency or something, they use a live sales person who can answer questions, help with the ins. stuff -- sounds like a good, old fashioned American business to me, but that's just me.

Glass Girl
Actually, Coast to Coast is licensed and operates in AZ, FL, MA, NY, SC but they're expanding. They use Pilkington glass and their own installers -- they don't sub out the work. They also do chip repairs and are really developing that service for customers, which is good. I know they're at gas stations, car washes, etc. but you know what -- I like the business model - it's legit -- if they weren't confident in their work and product, they wouldn't offer a lifetime warranty. They're not afraid to sell and promote themselves, and instead of hiring a flashy advertising agency or something, they use a live sales person who can answer questions, help with the ins. stuff -- sounds like a good, old fashioned American business to me, but that's just me.

Their lifetime warranty is useless if they're not around tomorrow regardless of their CONFIDENCE.

Yololli
Glass Girl

Their lifetime warranty is useless if they're not around tomorrow regardless of their CONFIDENCE.

You're right Yololli. But, Pilkington also has its own warranty, and they're definitely not going anywhere. To me, it just doesn't seem like Coast to Coast is either - they're expanding and generating buzz. A lot of the negatives seem to come from jealousy or because people don't know them, but that's just my opinion. I feel like Coast to Coast is actively out there in the market (everytime I come on these boards, they're entering into or are talking about another market. I think that if they grow like they seem to want to, Coast to Coast could perhaps compete with Safelite - not now, by someday. Seems good for the market and industry - more options for customers, jobs for installers, work for sales people, customer service positions, etc. We definitely need that now!

Well over here they seemed to find the bottom feeders of the industry to do their work. They guys they hired here are the ones that nobody would take. One of them is so bad that he spent the last 2 years installing DirecTV instead of glass and he has no drivers license. I really hope they are confident in his work!
Since when did Pilkington allow glass shops to store their vans at the Pilk locations? Maybe I should start leaving mine there too. If you are gonna run a glass business, then run a glass business. I'm not worried about them, I've seen how they operate.

C2C compete with Belron, hahah lmao. Thats the funniest thing I have heard today.

OK, SC Glassman - that seem's unreal. They're not a rinky dink hokey 1-man, 2-man, 3-man show. No way, any ins. company would cover a driver w/o license. Coast 2 Coast has something like 10+ vans/installers in the Columbia and surrounding markets. They seem buttoned up too, and it's easy to confirm - they have tons of local licenses/permits they've gotten for Columbia and surrounding cities/counties. Can you honestly say the same for yourself? You need to fact check before making comments on here.

First off, I've been in this industry over 20 years and know all the locals here and in Charlotte. I also know who they got working for them in Florida as I had 3 shops there and am very well connected there. Also I was an ops manager at Pilk for a while. Oh yeah, My good bud works in the Atty Generals office. So if there is info to verify, Its not issue here. I will not post the guys name who has no license out of respect for him but lets just say its been suspended numerous times for DUI and not paying child support. Maybe C2C should do a better job checking their employees before they hire them. I also know who is to be considered bottom of the barrel here as well. Facts are facts.

By the way, Any employer could put a guy on the payroll with no license and a record a mile long and their insurance company would never know, Well until it was too late. Yes, C2C is larger than I am and so what. I can manage what I have very well. The laughs on them anyway..........I know my techs are good.

shaun
coast to coast uses pilkington glass, they have a nationwide agreement with them.

Just because they're buying from Pilk doesn't mean they're installing Pilk. It seems to me that the vast majority of tempered parts at my Pilk is the good ol ATI brand. And just the other day, Pilk sold me an FY part. So let's lose the impression that they're using quality parts because they're not. They're using what we're all using, CHINESE.

AHAG
C2C compete with Belron, hahah lmao. Thats the funniest thing I have heard today.

Actually its not that funny, if they can get some of their managment issues worked out they have a very good chance of competing with Belron, down the road! and yes they do have the money to back them.
As far as their installers go it's just like any other big glass shop you have some good and some bad, and god knows that good old Belron has way more bad then good!!!

It would appear they have a few more problems than “management issues”. LMAO

“Twenty-one year old Jenna Parslow has been charged with two counts of criminal mischief. According to a Hernando County sheriff's report, Parslow works for Coast to Coast Auto Glass and the company drives her to a different part of Tampa Bay every day. Her job is to scour parking lots, looking for cracked windshields. For every repair Parslow books she gets $45.00.”

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local/story/Cops-say-woman-broke-windshields-to-attract/oxVXbGOTxUu90HLMSf96qg.cspx

Yep! And you have to hear the lines of bull they use to sell the jobs.

Actually, take a look at the related news video clip -that doesn't mention Coast to Coast at all. The article was probably published before TV news hour, and by then they probably verified the truth: this person is NOT an employee of Coast to Coast. It's kind of scary what news articles will publish without verification. Wow!

Bipidy Boo - are you an installer?

Actually, it would appear the news article was updated after the news hour; about 7:50 p.m. (oops).

So GG, using your logic, the print article would be more accurate, right?

And, the real question is, WAS she an employee at the time of this incident...not IS she an employee now. Wouldn't you agree? :)

Of course, she is innocent until proven guilty.

Yes, you're right R - innocent until proven guilty. It's so strange because I've always read and been told that if someone tries to actually intentionally crack a windshield, it usually shatters - not cracks. It's kind of weird that anyone can make a crack, right? I'm not too technical - do you know?

1 2

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com