Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Limahl, Kajagoogoo

The 1984 episode hasn't been broadcast in HD.
"rage goes insufficiently retro" went HD in 2019, and that particular ep was shown in 2018.

Andy,

Perhaps check the thread on this forum called “countdown digital file sharing” if you haven’t already. Many kind souls have uploaded various countdown episodes that have been repeated on rage and I’m sure I saw the April 1984 episode in that lot of episodes. Not sure if the files have expired already but you can ask. Do you absolutely need the episode in HD?

Hope this can be of any help and good luck in your search :)

Thank you both for responding. Of course I will prefer that in HD, but I can see that was not broadcast in that format. The episode with Limahl as host (22.04.1984) I have anyway. The other 2 episodes I guess were not rebroadcast at all on Rage, so I guess will have to wait and see. I've got details from ABC sales library, but these are some compilations rather than single episodes.

I know this forum is dedicated to Countdown. However it is the only one I know of this kind in subject (music retro videos in Australia). So I thought I'll top it up with another enquiry: anyone has a copies of "The Mike Walsh Show" broadcast on channel Foxtel in '80s? I specifically search for episode: 4045 broadcast on 13 April 1984. It contains interview with Limahl. Generally Limahl visited Australia in April of 1984. I believe there are more records from that visit (beside Countdown and Mike Walsh Show), a bit sad majority unavailable 🙁

Andy
I know this forum is dedicated to Countdown. However it is the only one I know of this kind in subject (music retro videos in Australia). So I thought I'll top it up with another enquiry: anyone has a copies of "The Mike Walsh Show" broadcast on channel Foxtel in '80s? I specifically search for episode: 4045 broadcast on 13 April 1984. It contains interview with Limahl. Generally Limahl visited Australia in April of 1984. I believe there are more records from that visit (beside Countdown and Mike Walsh Show), a bit sad majority unavailable 🙁
I actually have the Only For Love performance from Limahl on an original 1984 VHS I own on either Mike Walsh show of Bert Newton Show while he was here promoting in April, 1984.

I am a huge Kajagoogoo and Limahl fan.

Jason 'The Moderator'
Andy
I know this forum is dedicated to Countdown. However it is the only one I know of this kind in subject (music retro videos in Australia). So I thought I\'ll top it up with another enquiry: anyone has a copies of \"The Mike Walsh Show\" broadcast on channel Foxtel in \'80s? I specifically search for episode: 4045 broadcast on 13 April 1984. It contains interview with Limahl. Generally Limahl visited Australia in April of 1984. I believe there are more records from that visit (beside Countdown and Mike Walsh Show), a bit sad majority unavailable 🙁
I actually have the Only For Love performance from Limahl on an original 1984 VHS I own on either Mike Walsh show of Bert Newton Show while he was here promoting in April, 1984.

I am a huge Kajagoogoo and Limahl fan.

Hi Jason. Only for Love - do you mean just official promo video? Do you own Mike Walsh show copy, did you say?

No, not official promo.

I already have the promo video on the Kajagoogoo/Limahl Official DVD.

I have a vintage 1984 VHS which is still in well working order and Limahl is performing Only For Love in the studio in Melbourne. It is either Mike Walsh Show or Bert Newton Show.

Is it possible to get a copy from you?

Jason, if it is a matter of digitising it - I can cover any cost incurred. I could do it myself - but I'm located in UK, no point to send it so far.

I can send you a copy on DVD to the UK, it doesn't bother me. I don't do online sending, not my thing.

The video is in Mono as well as not many people have Stereo videos in the 80s unless they were well off, it is an acquaintances video from 1984.

He gave me some of his videos to keep many years ago as there is some RARE gems on it.

That would be great. :-) Please send me your e-mail address to archive@mail.uk, so I can respond with postage address. I really appreciate your help with that. :+1:

I will email you,

I don't have Facebook as I loathe it.

I will locate the tape as I have such a MASSIVE collection, and then I will do you a copy.

Glad you are in the UK and not US as you guys also fo PAL, thankfully!

Jason \'The Moderator\'
I will email you,

I don\'t have Facebook as I loathe it.

I will locate the tape as I have such a MASSIVE collection, and then I will do you a copy.

Hi Jason

Didn't want to interrupt enjoyment of Rage goes retro month (even little bit disappointing, still better than nothing). Is there any possibility to look for that Limahl's old VHS clip for me?

Andy
Jason \\\'The Moderator\\\'
I will email you,

I don\\\'t have Facebook as I loathe it.

Hi Jason

Didn't want to interrupt enjoyment of Rage goes retro month (even little bit disappointing, still better than nothing). Is there any possibility to look for that Limahl's old VHS clip for me?
Hey Andy,

I have been going through so much of my collection and editing e.t.c... I will find that VHS tape as soon as I can, I promise. Sorry for the wait, just bear with me.

Perfect, take your time - I will wait patiently :+1: