Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wanted

Missed a letter in the link: Here it is: http://www.willysdistributors.com/

:grinning:

Where Are You From? Grand Junction Colorado

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star Coupe, 1929 Durant 663 and 1929 Durant 666

That's great Ross , Thank you.
Jack

Where Are You From? Thamesford, Ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? Durant 614

I also have some parts for a 30 deluxe coupe Model 614 Maybe able to help with some of the items --I know I have a rear view mirror but the silver is gone off the back Just a plain piece of glass there now.Not hard to cut a piece of mirror to fit so if you want it it is yours . Where is Thamesford?? I was raised in Timmins but havent heard of Thamesford. Let me know and we can work out something to get this to you

Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 deluxe rumble seat coupe -Model 6 14

Jack- I finally sent those parts today by FedEx. They should arrive wednesday the 31st by noon. I had to ship in two boxes since the sill trim was so long(it's in a mailing tube). The cost was $132.97 shipping plus $10.00 supplies, then the cost of the parts. Let me know if I can help further. Tracking nos. are, 789460814811 and 789460722229. Ross

Where Are You From? the great Pacific Northwest

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

Thanks Ross
Jack

Hi Ken,
I am definitely interested in the mirror and anything else you may have . Thamesford is about 20K east of London on #2 highway. In case you don't have my address , Jack Wright ,170 Dundas st., PO Box 376 , Thamesford , Ont. , N0M 2M0 . Phone 519 537 9574 .

Thank you ,
Jack

Hi Ross,
I received the parts , all good. Thank you. Is $172.97 the correct amount I owe you ?
Thanks,
Jack

Jack-Yeah that's good. Sorry about the shipping costs . I guess NAFTA doesn't apply to old Durant parts. I threw in the wiper motor and bracket in case you wanted to see if you could make it work. As I said it's backwards(otherwise everything looks the same on my car). The odd looking mechanical lever is a genuine part. The actual wiper bracket should have a small "S" shaped lever that controls opening and closing the wiper valve. As previously stated the correct wiper is a Trico KCX-4. The number was sometimes painted on the body, but gets rubbed off over time.I guess the best thing is to take that one I sent you to swap meet and go through that huge box of motors that some guy brings every year! good luck. Ross

Where Are You From? the great Pacific Northwest

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

Jack
I Will try to find and package up the mirror and attachments Should not be to costly to send I will send them collect as soon as It warms up and I can find them. They will be on the way soon.
Ken

Mirror will be in the mail tomorrow --Will let you know the cost after I send them
Ken

Thanks Ken,I really appreciate it.

package mailed this morning Cost of $20:15 postage Sure getting costly to mail stuff. When it arrives just check and see if thats what you need . Just send me what you figure its worth.Not a big price . Next time I am in Ont I will try to look you up and see the car.
Good luck
Ken

Hey Jack--
Did you get the package I sent you. Let me know so maybe we can track it.
KEN

Hi Ken,
Yeah , I got the package last week and I sent you a cheque yesterday. I'm sure looking forward to spring so I can back to working on my car . As you know , the winters are horrible and long back here. Please let me know when you get the cheque .
Thanks,
Jack

I will let you know as soon as it arrives--
Thanks - Ken

Then you can buy Moose steaks :flag-ca:

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

Wont have to buy them--I will just go outside and shoot A moose and have all the steaks I want.

Jack
Got the cheque today.Thank you
Looks good to me. Maybe I will be back east one time and will call and come look at the car.
Thanks Jack
Ken

That Would be great Ken , hope to see you soon .

Jack

The Durant Motors Automobile Club