Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wanted

Wanted for 1930 Durant 614 : Rear view mirror, throttle and choke dash knobs , dash spears , door sill trim , windshield wiper motor , gas gauge and tank sending unit , fuel pump , generator , engine hand crank . I know these items are hard to find , but I have to try.
Thanks,
Jack Wright
519 537 9574

Where Are You From? Thamesford , Ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant 614

Re: Wanted

Hi Jack...

The fuel pump is the same as used on Farmall F-12 or F-14 antique tractors.
Check with some antique tractor parts suppliers. rebuild kits also available from them.

Frank

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? Star, Durant , Devaux

Thanks Frank , I'll try to find a Farmall dealer.
Jack

Jack...
The Fordson House in Michigan has them:

24527-D Rebuilt Fuel Pump- Exchange Only $175.00

24527-D Rebuilt Fuel Pump - No Exchange $225.00

24527-DAX Basic Fuel Pump Rebuild Kit View Details $28.00

24527-DAX-C Deluxe Fuel Pump Rebuild Kit View Details $38.00

24527-DAX-C2 Deluxe Fuel Pump Rebuild Kit View Details $74.50

https://www.thefordsonhouse.com/index.asp

Frank.....

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? Star, Durant , Devaux

That's USD as well Frank.

Don't know if you can convince Ed Pringlemeir of Guelph to part with some of your parts on this 1930 614 photo'd at the DMAC meet 2013. Pulls and spears are on it.

Durant_Meet_027

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

Doesn't Neil Butters reproduce the spears and the pull knobs?(nbutters@eagle.ca) The spears are so fragile, that if you don't break them on removal the chromer will ruin them, then you'll probably have to glue them on as the mounting tabs will be buggered. The knobs usually don't fare too well being rechromed as the detail is lost. I'll check my spares for the other parts you need. Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

Thank you Frank , Norm , Ross , you have been very helpful.
Jack

Jack .. meant to mention on the fuel pump. I don't know if you have the pump and are just looking for the diaphragm. When I got the 32 614 the fuel pump was in two pieces on the passenger side floor, where it had been for ages, six top bolts missing and the diaphragm. Steve Mercier gave me a pump off a 407 he picked up in Stirling that had the casting broke off one fastening side. No a 407 pump will not work on the 614 because of arm position, rest of the guts are ffine, switch arms and you are ok.

That gave me the 6 bolts etc and the center threaded shaft / washers for the diaphragm. EBay in England had NOS AC fuel pump first aid repair kits BD-2 for U and F types. I got two of them from the lad for total cost of $23. The diaphragms had riveted on center shafts, so drilled off the knurled side which allowed me to use the correct threaded shaft / washers on the diaphragm. The kit also has various gaskets and bits all of which are useless except the two gaskets we need to fasten the pump to the block and the cover under pump.

Just saying to watch eBay for 6 bolt diaphragms if that's all you need. eBay 382269289423 has the diaphragm and one gasket lower right but pricy when you compare Franks prices and doesn't ship to Can.

Thanks Norm,
I rebuilt the pump on my car and it is okay now but I just wanted to have a spare pump or at least some parts to repair it. I can make gaskets and the diaphragm but it would be nice to have spare valves , springs etc.
Jack

Check with Reg Bent for 1930 parts

Where Are You From? Ithaca Ny

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 Durant 614

Hi Jack,
I know I have the wood piece that holds the rear view mirror and other things that are above the windshield and extend across the front. Great shape. May have window cranks, Throttle pull and carb. parts.

Yates

Where Are You From? Newport , NC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 24 Flint

Thanks Yates,
I have the wood part and windshield crank but I just need the mirror. I am interested in the throttle pull if you would like to sell it.
Jack

Where Are You From? Thamesford, Ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? Durant 614

Jack- Checking through my stash of parts I found; engine crank handle--it is just a "S" shaped piece of rod with a pin in the end to engage the crank jaw. Don't know if it is Durant but it looks like the one I have for my car. You are not going to start your car with these,maybe useful for setting timing(the once in your life you do that). I also have one door sill trim piece. It is aluminum, 30 3/8 inch long with a very slight slant at the forward end. It even has a small part number of 60787 stamped on it. I think that would make it for the right hand front door sill. It has a intricate pattern stamped in it with the 30-31 Durant crest stamped in the middle-it is very detailed. It is damaged by scuff marks and split part way through (which probably could be welded). As you may know these have not been reproduced(and probably never will be). If you want these for $20.00. Problem is shipping to Canada which might be expensive? Let me know-Ross

Hi Ross,
I would like to buy the trim piece and crank , and hopefully the shipping isn't too expensive , but that's life in this country. By the way I won't be trying to start my car with the crank , it's -19 degrees here.
Please let me know the total cost and when you will be sending them.
Thanks,
Jack

Jack- I would just need your address. Shouldn't weigh more than a couple pounds. Ross

Hi Ross,
My address is : Jack Wright
170 Dundas st.
PO Box 376
Thamesford ,Ontario
Canada
N0M 2M0

Jack- I found some more parts; a rear view mirror bracket. Like the one on my car-a triangle shaped bracket that screws into the header board. It doesn't have the ball on the end or the mirror, a generator-Autolite model GAL4330-8K no pulley on the end or retaining nut and the threads on the end have been totally buggered up, but I'm pretty sure a good shop could get this fixed, and a windshield wiper control arm. This is the sheet metal piece that goes over the header wood and has the little control arm hanging down. I have a wiper that i can throw in but it is backward from our cars. looks exactly the same as mine but has the control lever coming out the wrong side. Our closed cars should have a Trico KCX4. The generator would add to the shipping costs since it is so heavy. But $30.00 for everthing. Let me know. Ross

Hi Ross,
Yes , I'll take all the parts you mentioned , but my generator has an extended shaft to drive the water pump and the model is GAL 4130 5K . If your gen. has the extended shaft , I'll take it also.
Thanks,
Jack

I note on the AEA cards the 1930 - 31 407 uses both GAL 4130 and GAL 4330. I don't have a 1930 614 card to see if both used as well, probably though.
The 1931 Durant's 611, 612, 614, 618, 619 use the GAL 4330. De Vaux shows GAL 4330. 1933 Ace also used the GAL 4330.

Jack_ This does have the extended shaft on the rear that attaches to the flexible connection to the H2O pump. Check www.willysdistriburors.com for reproductions of the ID tag. He will also stamp them with whatever number you want for a nominal fee. He can also do the other Autolite components(starter and distributor).Rick Botti found this guy. I'll be getting everything boxed up this week Ross

Where Are You From? the great Pacific Northwest

Missed a letter in the link: Here it is: http://www.willysdistributors.com/

:grinning:

Where Are You From? Grand Junction Colorado

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star Coupe, 1929 Durant 663 and 1929 Durant 666

That's great Ross , Thank you.
Jack

I also have some parts for a 30 deluxe coupe Model 614 Maybe able to help with some of the items --I know I have a rear view mirror but the silver is gone off the back Just a plain piece of glass there now.Not hard to cut a piece of mirror to fit so if you want it it is yours . Where is Thamesford?? I was raised in Timmins but havent heard of Thamesford. Let me know and we can work out something to get this to you

Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 deluxe rumble seat coupe -Model 6 14

Jack- I finally sent those parts today by FedEx. They should arrive wednesday the 31st by noon. I had to ship in two boxes since the sill trim was so long(it's in a mailing tube). The cost was $132.97 shipping plus $10.00 supplies, then the cost of the parts. Let me know if I can help further. Tracking nos. are, 789460814811 and 789460722229. Ross

Thanks Ross
Jack

Hi Ken,
I am definitely interested in the mirror and anything else you may have . Thamesford is about 20K east of London on #2 highway. In case you don't have my address , Jack Wright ,170 Dundas st., PO Box 376 , Thamesford , Ont. , N0M 2M0 . Phone 519 537 9574 .

Thank you ,
Jack

Hi Ross,
I received the parts , all good. Thank you. Is $172.97 the correct amount I owe you ?
Thanks,
Jack

Jack-Yeah that's good. Sorry about the shipping costs . I guess NAFTA doesn't apply to old Durant parts. I threw in the wiper motor and bracket in case you wanted to see if you could make it work. As I said it's backwards(otherwise everything looks the same on my car). The odd looking mechanical lever is a genuine part. The actual wiper bracket should have a small "S" shaped lever that controls opening and closing the wiper valve. As previously stated the correct wiper is a Trico KCX-4. The number was sometimes painted on the body, but gets rubbed off over time.I guess the best thing is to take that one I sent you to swap meet and go through that huge box of motors that some guy brings every year! good luck. Ross

Jack
I Will try to find and package up the mirror and attachments Should not be to costly to send I will send them collect as soon as It warms up and I can find them. They will be on the way soon.
Ken

Mirror will be in the mail tomorrow --Will let you know the cost after I send them
Ken

Thanks Ken,I really appreciate it.

package mailed this morning Cost of $20:15 postage Sure getting costly to mail stuff. When it arrives just check and see if thats what you need . Just send me what you figure its worth.Not a big price . Next time I am in Ont I will try to look you up and see the car.
Good luck
Ken

Hey Jack--
Did you get the package I sent you. Let me know so maybe we can track it.
KEN

Hi Ken,
Yeah , I got the package last week and I sent you a cheque yesterday. I'm sure looking forward to spring so I can back to working on my car . As you know , the winters are horrible and long back here. Please let me know when you get the cheque .
Thanks,
Jack

I will let you know as soon as it arrives--
Thanks - Ken

Then you can buy Moose steaks :flag-ca:

Wont have to buy them--I will just go outside and shoot A moose and have all the steaks I want.

Jack
Got the cheque today.Thank you
Looks good to me. Maybe I will be back east one time and will call and come look at the car.
Thanks Jack
Ken

That Would be great Ken , hope to see you soon .

Jack

The Durant Motors Automobile Club