Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: For Sale 1930 Durant 614 DeLuxe

Going by memory Gord owned a tranny shop in Toronto, which he turned over to his son. Then Gord and Shirley retired to Lantz NS. Gord was forever fixing other vintage cars down his way in NS for owners. You will note one door handle inside is not the spear design but that of the 1932 614 / 618 by Dominion Motors and is 1930 Essex handles they used, (same as my 1932 handles).

Old Auto's paper produced in Bothwell Ont did a write up on what's a car worth, and as luck would have it one of the cars was a rare 1932 618 Durant sedan with all the bells and whistles it could have ever had. Price article time and 20 years prior was $14,000. They explained orphan cars do not command big prices as all of us DMAC members know. I couldn't give a value of Gord's car so passed it to members of DMAC for an idea, and relayed that back to the family.

Nice to see Gord's car is still running around.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Re: For Sale 1930 Durant 614 DeLuxe

The stories behind the these orphan cars never stop amazing me. The car is in great shape and has been a treasure to drive around town in. It always manages to attract a crowd, wondering what it is, how old it is, etc etc.... a real gem for sure.
I'm hoping to find a new owner that appreciates it as much as I do and as much as Gord did.

Where Are You From? Falmouth, NS, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 614 DeLuxe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club