Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: battery box

They are advertised on ebay through Woody's custom shop as a "cloaking device" to conceal a 6V Optima battery. They list it for a 6V Porsche 356 but it looks like the same moulding as the one I have(which I bought years ago). I imagine there is only one type made because I can't think there would be a lot of demand for these. The battery fits diagonally across the box and I had to trim some of the lug tabs off the Optima to get it to fit properly, and some of the bottom ribbing inside the box to get the top to shut flush. Price was stupid (for what it is), at $89.00.

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

Re: battery box

Ross, I will look into getting one of those "Porsche" battery boxes. I suspect the "porsche" tag has a lot to do with the price. I had a BMW 318 I beater that I drove to work daily that needed an exhaust system and was quoted $900.00 to replace it. I went to Autozone and bought the entire system for $250.00 and installed it in 30 minutes. I am thinking of getting a 6 volt core from a friend on mine and gutting it. But will keep the fake box in mind. Thanks for your response, Curt

Where Are You From? Denver

The Durant Motors Automobile Club