Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Desert Center Auction Sedan

Wood framed bodies are not good candidates to be mated to high horsepower engines. You should pass this on and find an already steel bodied car to modify.

Where Are You From? Oshawa, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? not yet

The more I study the car I can see that you are right. It would take a lot to get it to hold up to high horsepower launches and hard braking.

I really like the wood wheels and the looks of the complete, unmodified car. I know the wood wheels wont hold up either so I've started to look for another W5 engine to rebuild, the one I've got is pretty rough.

If anyone has a line on a good W5 I may be interested.

Where Are You From? Arizona

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Thought you were going to keep it eBay 283711782027 1928 M2 Durant

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

I've got quite a few other projects going at the moment, so I figured if I can make it worth my while to sell it I would, otherwise I will keep it and tackle it a little ways down the road.

I think you have too much invested in this project.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Probably, they don't seem very valuable, even when restored. But I don't have 5k in the car at this point, that's just what it would take for me to let it go. Its just an ambitious number, if I can get...great. If not, I'll keep the car.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club