Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Which model Star???

Unless you supplied Steve Large or myself with info on your car the car is not in Steve's Registry. I think you are confusing membership Roster in DMAC with Registry. Pam has not forwarded a copy of your membership to me with car details and ownership as of yet. I checked my copy of Steve's Registry and that Star is not there.
Its Rick who can add pic's of your car to DMAC Photo Section. The Sign In thing in DMAC site is for members only and has its own password. Its a Roster of current members names / addresses / phone numbers / email / and car owned. Hopefully someone provided you the info finally to gain access, if not I can. Took me ages of asking when I joined 2006 before someone finally did. Members used to get a printed copy of the Roster but last one I got was 2015.

Billy's vehicles has been a more questions than answers to owners. His motto should have been "No Two Cars the Same" Nothing is set in stone that all plants did the same thing. We made cars US didn't and vice versa. Even US plants didn't all make the same model. You note my reference to the short lived 619 which was Lansing only and not made in Canada. US had winter fronts on some models but not even an option up here. Our 407 and copied at Oakland had different parts, Oakland used 614 parts. Oakland stopped the 407 and it became the 610 which made no sense model wise number with the 4 / 6 denoting the cyl's. Also brought out the 612. Neither model made in Leaside. We had 611, 615, 618 not made US. Even parts varied plant to plant on same model. Oakland with four wheel brakes on some C Stars rest of plants two wheel. List goes on and on.

I'm sure no expert on Billy's empire and offshoots 1921 - 1934. No one can be and we keep learning new things as they surface out of the blue.

Off hand I would say your M Star is the Sport Roadster model.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

Norm,
I guess I confused registry. Didn't know they were two different items. Anyway, should try to get info. to registry. I think most of the pertinent stuff has been forumed. I had an email from Rick and he gave me some history on the car, as he knew the owner in California. He said the rumble seat was an option as were 4 wheel brakes at the California plant in 1927.

Thanks for the info.

Brian

Where Are You From? TN

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1927 Star

Its all cool Brian .. I will mail you. There's the Roster giving current members info, then there's durantcars giving bits of info which was Terry's personal Registry in Alberta that anyone could access but look only. At his death the family basically gave that to DMAC to add to our site. There are a few personal Registry's members have like Gary Yelle on De Vaux's which is a carry over from another member before him, as an example. Steve tried to let Terry assist him with durantcars with all Terry's other projects but … You could inform Terry of new vehicles to add and mine was last he did in Dec 2006, he would fix errors if informed but Terry wanted full control. His new project was to enlarge durantcars to add Canadian side of all vehicles which didn't happen. Steve in Mississauga created his own Registry from all the known Registry's and has been adding since, new vehicles world wide to his Registry. Steve has many vin books which provide models and years, and models in those models, plus brochures / manuals on Billys empire. Enough on that.

Like a few items on durantcars I can't get 1927 Star literature A-27-222-4 of the 4 cyl to open but it appears to be an M roadster with the rumble seat open. Yes more confusion when brochures don't say a model just Star 4 or Star 6, Durant 4 or Durant 6. Its unfortunate Terry's covers are copied from elsewhere and not ones he had himself. I discovered that a few years back when I hit a site selling the actual brochure and it had the identical age markings from use as Terry's did. Steve asked Terry's family if he could acquire any of the brochures and they couldn't find any, now we know why. It would help a few people to see not only the cover but the insides showing the models and back page with data on the models.

Like I mentioned all plants didn't do the same thing with same models. Oakland with its four wheel brake option somewhat like rocky mountain brakes on Ford T's. Small item is the red beehive taillight used on some 1928 / 29, 31 Durant's US but used on all 1930's in Canada. 1930 US was orange / red bigger light. Glolite headlights US 1930 / 31 and 1930 Can, Depress beam 1931 to 1933 Canada. US Munroe Shock Co 1930 / 31 and Acme Gear Co of Toronto shocks 30 -32. and so on.

That's good Rick could give you some history of the car so you can add this to the car. Lot of us try to work backwards as to who all the owners were to day one for its history and for future owners.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

That is a rumble seat roadster. This was the car that frequently was at the Oakland a's game. I think This was a avala old car. The second car was the one ed archer sold. 1925
2 door coach.

Where Are You From? Calif

Do You own a car built by Durant? Locomobile flint durant

Yes Mike this is Tony and Myrtle Avilla's Star, via the Leigh Korthals estate in Wisconsin. Oakland A's colors repaint, as I understand.

Where Are You From? TN

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1927 Star

The Durant Motors Automobile Club