Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: RUGBY HUB-Caps.

Hello Thorsten

Do you still have your Rugby truck? I have a Engine with gearbox, the cooler and the headlights on the headlightbar. This parts are the same as Dag Fjeld are mentioned in his replay.

Where Are You From? Norway

Do You own a car built by Durant? No

There is a company in Australia that makes reproduction parts for Rugby and Durant cars.
They have some for 1925 Rugby
[ http://www.ezdia.com/epad/2013-mercedes-benz-sl-class-price-reviews/7980/]2013 mercedes benz sl-class[/url]

Where Are You From? india

Do You own a car built by Durant? no

Hello Jo-Olav ,

Yes I still own the Rugby .

In July 2018 , I had to take the engine out because of really bad compression test and very low oilpressure at all. As we got really into the engine we found out,
bad Pistons ,
bad Valves - 4 of the 6 Exhaust were burned,
the intake valves - fairly god,
Bearings bad , broken in peaces,
Camshaft - the chrome bearing on 2 bearings where gone,
the crankshaft was ok ok but needed attention.

So we decided to take the cabin of the frame , and take the engine out backwards , othgerwise the whole fender had to be removed...

The cabin construktion wood was also bad and had to be replaced .....
I haven´t done much with the Rugby in the past because of other matters and Family stuff.

As I can see you´re from norway. Were are you living ? I still have friends in Aurskog -Höland kommun . Maybe you could send me an email or tlf number , so we could talk ???

I will be glad to here from you.

cheers Thorsten

Where Are You From? germany

Do You own a car built by Durant? Rugby 615 Pickup

20180714-134919
20180706-171150
20180714-142139
20180714-162826
20180714-162837

Where Are You From? germany

Do You own a car built by Durant? Rugby 615 Pickup